Windows 10: How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer

Discus and support How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Either I never noticed it before or I somehow triggered it but it's been showing up for a couple days everytime I manually scroll in Windows Explorer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Khadijah, May 9, 2017.

1. Khadijah Win User

How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer

Either I never noticed it before or I somehow triggered it but it's been showing up for a couple days everytime I manually scroll in Windows Explorer, never shows when I'm using my mouse's scroll wheel and doesn't show in the 'Lists' option in the View bar. When the popup shows, it blocks icons and information so it's very bothersome and in the way for me. Also, the popup label isn't helpful as I use the 'Icons' view option so it only gives info (Sometimes dates, sometimes file names) of just the first file in a row when I could jst use the sorting or grouping options to do that...

Is there a way to disable it?

How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer [​IMG]

:)

Khadijah, May 9, 2017
  2. Mele2000 Win User

How to make all vertical scrollbars in Windows 10 wider and be present always

I have a 24" widescreen monitor for a desktop running Windows 10 Pro 1709, 16299.334 and I need wider vertical scrollbars on ALL windows. I have been able to make them wider for SOME windows by editing the registry and in Windows Metrics changing the scroll
    height and width to -500. That works great for my browsers and some other windows. That, however, does not work for much of Windows itself such as Settings where the scrollbar remains so tiny I can barely use it and, thus, which discourages me from making
    changes and makes it unpleasant and frustrating to try and work with such an extremely unnecessarily narrow scrollbar on a very wide monitor. The scrollbar is also very narrow and almost invisible if I use Start/all apps - so tiny I can't scroll the apps.
    These are just some examples of how registry settings I have changed have not taken effect in some parts of Windows. Why is this? How do I fix it?

Also, a related issue that I want to know how to fix: How do I stop the vertical scrollbar from disappearing from my screen or not even being there at all? (Such as its behavior in IE 11 which I would use more frequently if the scrollbar stayed visible
    at all times). The vertical scrollbar should be there all the time as well as being the width I set it for!

Mele2000, May 9, 2017
  3. Dissapearing vertical scroll bar on IE11

To correct disappearing vertical scroll bar on IE11 do as follows:

1) Open notepad and write the following text: @-ms-viewport{width:auto!important}

2) Safe the file in a protect folder as: C:\windows\ScrollBar\ScrollBar.css

NB! Remember to crate the ScrollBar folder under C:\Windows.

3) Open internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options, then click on Accessibility button

4) Tick the: Format documents using my style sheet.

5) Write the location of the file (C:\windows\ScrollBar\ScrollBar.css)
    in the field below

6) Click OK and restart Internet Explorer.

7) So are you done.

How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer [​IMG]

Pasquale Castelluccio, May 9, 2017
Thema:

How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer

1. How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer - Similar Threads - disable vertical scrollbar

2. Disable horizontal scrollbar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable horizontal scrollbar in File Explorer: How to disable the annoying horizontal scrollbar in File Explorer left pane that keeps hiding my folder tree Windows 10. When I click on the long folder name an automatic horizontal scrollbar appear in the left pane in File Explorer and the scrollbar pushes to the right and...
  3. Disable horizontal scrollbar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable horizontal scrollbar in File Explorer: How to disable the annoying horizontal scrollbar in File Explorer left pane that keeps hiding my folder tree Windows 10. When I click on the long folder name an automatic horizontal scrollbar appear in the left pane in File Explorer and the scrollbar pushes to the right and...
  4. Disable horizontal scrollbar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I disable this popup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I disable this popup: Win 10 Pro See image below. When I shut down/boot several other things, this popup appears, some may find it useful I find it annoying. I still want to carry out the action but not having to confirm it each and every time. 178651
  6. vertical scrollbar

vertical scrollbar: How do I move vertical scrollbar from left to right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vertical-scrollbar/33f00ec8-d98b-41d9-aaa0-a52e8fb19171
  7. Vertical scrollbar returns to top of page

Vertical scrollbar returns to top of page: On a website platform where I sell items, until recently when I updated an item description and pressed "enter", the vertical scrollbar would stay at the point on the page where I made my last update. Now after I press enter, the scrollbar goes to the top of the page and I...
  8. Vertical scrollbar-change colour ?

Vertical scrollbar-change colour ?: Is there a way to change the colour of vertical scrollbar in Windows 10 ? .... high contrast theme..does not help . Thank you. Can you change colour of scrollbar in Firefox ? 138701
  9. How Do I Hide The Vertical Scrollbar In File Exploer?

How Do I Hide The Vertical Scrollbar In File Exploer?: Hello, Can someone please tell me how to hide the vertical up and down bar to the right in file explorer, and expand the page as well? Thank You For Your Help...
  10. How do I disable "Welcome to Windows" popup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable "Welcome to Windows" popup?: Specifically after installation when the OS starts up for the first time. Every time I install Windows, I get a stupid popup presumably from Edge that babbles stuff about "Welcome to the best Windows ever". I guess I need registry settings for this. 121012