Windows 10: How Do I Disable "WebView2 Runtime" auto-download in Windows 10?

Discus and support How Do I Disable "WebView2 Runtime" auto-download in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I keep getting this app installing on my Windows 10 desktop called "WebView2 Runtime". Would anyone know how to get Windows from downloading it?Note, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Popa2caps, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Popa2caps Win User

How Do I Disable "WebView2 Runtime" auto-download in Windows 10?

I keep getting this app installing on my Windows 10 desktop called "WebView2 Runtime". Would anyone know how to get Windows from downloading it?Note, I don't use Office, Xbox apps, OneDrive, MS Store at all. I removed the Xbox apps and don't ever use the MS Store for anything, I don't even have my MS account signed in to the service. I've never used the Edge browser, and don't plan on ever needing Office. I used Revo Uninstaller for auto-start apps, Google Chrome and Sound device and to remove all the programs Windows wouldn't let me.I also have most Windows features disable like, Index, Sea

:)

Popa2caps, Jul 30, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing Microsoft Edge WebView2 General Availability

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/...-availability/

Brink, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Edge WebView2 for .NET and more now available

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/...ribution-mode/

Brink, Jul 30, 2021
  4. How Do I Disable "WebView2 Runtime" auto-download in Windows 10?

Windows 10 runtime error

Hi Maria,

I would like to inform you that this type of error is usually related to damaged C++ components installed. Download and install the latest Visual C++ runtime. Locate and then remove the existing Visual C++ installation.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check:

Step 1:

Press Windows key + X, click on control panel.

2. Go to Programs and Features.

3. Locate
    Microsoft Visual C++ in the list of installed programs.

4. Click
    Microsoft Visual C++, and then click Uninstall.

Step 2: Download and then install the latest Visual C++ runtime. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Visit the following Microsoft Web site:

Microsoft Download Center: Windows, Office, Xbox & More

2. Download latest Visual C++.

3. Make sure that the computer is installed with all the latest hardware drivers.

Hope the information helps.

Nachappa C K, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

How Do I Disable "WebView2 Runtime" auto-download in Windows 10?

1. How Do I Disable "WebView2 Runtime" auto-download in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Disable WebView2 Runtime

2. How do I turn of the auto disabling of touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn of the auto disabling of touchpad: My touchpad is getting disabled again and again if I am inactive for few mins. I have to press the left click button on the touch pad then it is getting enabled which is not and option for me since I am working on a sensitive thing where I can not perform a left click...
  3. How do I turn of the auto disabling of touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn of the auto disabling of touchpad: My touchpad is getting disabled again and again if I am inactive for few mins. I have to press the left click button on the touch pad then it is getting enabled which is not and option for me since I am working on a sensitive thing where I can not perform a left click...
  4. Microsoft edge webview2 runtime

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft edge webview2 runtime: What is this? I have never installed this " Microsoft edge webview2 runtime " !!!Should I uninstall it???Thanx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-webview2-runtime/70ea9632-a72b-4907-a29c-03367b7a46f0
  5. How do i permanently disable auto updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i permanently disable auto updates?: Me computer constantly tries to "update" windows regardless of if the "update" works or not, it does this every time i turn it on and it makes booting up my pc take ages. Most of the time it says update failed undoing changes, but a few times it "successfully updated" and...
  6. How Do I Disable WIFI Auto Connect?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I Disable WIFI Auto Connect?: [ATTACH] Connect automatically is not selected, but Windows still connects to the WIFI on startup. How do I disable the WIFI auto connect when its not selected?...
  7. How the **** do I disable Windows 10 auto update? @Satya Nadella

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How the **** do I disable Windows 10 auto update? @Satya Nadella: Hello all, This is a tale of lost work, like all other thousands ones on the internet. I have windows 10 that automatically updated and restarted. A weeks worth work that was opened, both in image editor and coding.. How can I disable this cancer, the auto-restart, from...
  8. How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be

How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be: If you download a file, it probably will ask you where to download it. But i want it to be in a different folder. But it doesn't show me the window for me to select which drive to put it in. Please help! Daniels....
  9. How do I download the directx 9c runtime?

How do I download the directx 9c runtime?: When I visit this website and click the download button, it brings up a dialog box that attempts to nudge me into installing MSN as the default homepage and bing as the search engine. I cannot download directx 9c. When I click "No thanks and continue" nothing happens....
  10. How do I disable auto-login on W10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I disable auto-login on W10: I've tried http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disab...r-in-window-8/ which some say work for 10 but it doesn't for me. I'm on x64 up to date. One account has a password the other doesn't, and every time I boot it it auto logs in to the one without a password - short of putting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable ms edge webview2

2. how to disable microsft edge webview 2