Windows 10: How do I disable "Welcome to Windows" popup?

Discus and support How do I disable "Welcome to Windows" popup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Specifically after installation when the OS starts up for the first time. Every time I install Windows, I get a stupid popup presumably from Edge that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Octopuss, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Octopuss Win User

How do I disable "Welcome to Windows" popup?

Specifically after installation when the OS starts up for the first time.
    Every time I install Windows, I get a stupid popup presumably from Edge that babbles stuff about "Welcome to the best Windows ever".

I guess I need registry settings for this.

:)

Octopuss, Nov 4, 2018
  2. monim1 Win User

Tweaktown popup to disable adblocker?

Using adblocker is the simplest way but if the site urges to disable the adblocker, then I block the popups

monim1, Nov 4, 2018
  3. Jsssssssss Win User
  4. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I disable "Welcome to Windows" popup? - Similar Threads - disable Welcome popup

2. How do I disable the touchpad on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable the touchpad on Windows 10.: How do I disable the touchpad on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-disable-the-touchpad-on-windows-10/33c01c79-f8f7-4610-9b21-9d41ec4720ab
  3. how do I block windows 10 update popups?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I block windows 10 update popups?: The latest windows update is very intrusive, it blacks out my entire screen to display a message. I need to bypass this update, since there is no way that my 16GB SSD has over 10GB of free disk space that this update demands. [IMG]...
  4. How Do I Disable the Shadow of X in the Window?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Disable the Shadow of X in the Window?: There is a little of a shadow for X, so how can I disable the shadow of X? [img] 103787
  5. How do I disable SmartScreen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable SmartScreen?: How do I disable SmartScreen? Everything I read about this says, Go to the Control Panel. Select "Security and Maintenance" Select "Change Windows SmartScreen settings" Problem is I don't have a "Change Windows SmartScreen settings" in my "Security and Maintenance"...
  6. How do I stop Spotify popup on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Spotify popup on taskbar: On computer restart, a Spotify popup appears on the Windows Taskbar, even though the program is not installed on my computer. How can I stop this? 93014
  7. How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer: Either I never noticed it before or I somehow triggered it but it's been showing up for a couple days everytime I manually scroll in Windows Explorer, never shows when I'm using my mouse's scroll wheel and doesn't show in the 'Lists' option in the View bar. When the popup...
  8. disable hover popups

in Windows 10 Support
    disable hover popups: Does anyone know how to disable over popups on windows 10? When using windows 10 email and hovering over a clickable link, such as a picture, there is a huge hover popup with the entire URL. It is annoying and takes up a big part of the screen. see screenshot below. [img]...
  9. How do I get rid of the MS popup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of the MS popup?: I'm sure everyone here is familiar with this annoying little bugger which pops out on the side and says, "You need to fix your MS account for apps on other device to be able to blah blah blah, etc.... Does anyone know how I can get rid of it? When I tried "fixing my account"...
  10. Is there a way do completely disable welcome screen on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way do completely disable welcome screen on Windows 10?: Title says all. Tried msconfig with no initialization GUI but no sucess. Thanks in advance. 11030