Windows 10: How do I disable window peek feature in windows 10 taskbar

Discus and support How do I disable window peek feature in windows 10 taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I mouse over an icon on the taskbar in windows 10, I want a list of associated active windows as in windows 7. I have tried modifying all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joe_in_nh, Feb 1, 2020.

1. joe_in_nh Win User

How do I disable window peek feature in windows 10 taskbar

When I mouse over an icon on the taskbar in windows 10, I want a list of associated active windows as in windows 7. I have tried modifying all the "Visual Effects" under advanced system properties. None of these have disabled the window peek function.

:)

joe_in_nh, Feb 1, 2020

2. Buggy taskbar Windows 10/ twitchy show desktop/ peek button.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s turn off the Peek option and check. Follow the below step.

• Right click on the Windows task bar and click on Properties.

• Uncheck the option Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Sow desktop button at the end of the taskbar.

• Now click on Apply and click on
      OK.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I disable window peek feature in windows 10 taskbar - Similar Threads - disable window peek

2. How do I disable this Bing feature in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable this Bing feature in Windows: Hi,I have a user that now has this Bing pop up when they lock their computer. If they click on the Bing feature, it will ask for their password to login and then it will open a Edge browser page that says my files. If they click anywhere else, it will ask for their password...
  3. How do I disable this Bing feature in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable this Bing feature in Windows: Hi,I have a user that now has this Bing pop up when they lock their computer. If they click on the Bing feature, it will ask for their password to login and then it will open a Edge browser page that says my files. If they click anywhere else, it will ask for their password...
  4. How do I disable this Bing feature in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to completely disable Aero Peek in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely disable Aero Peek in Windows 11: I tried both disabling the setting via the Taskbar settings last optionand setting "DisablePreviewDesktop" to 1Both don't stop Windows 11 from minimizing all the windows opened when Right click dragging to the lower right corner, is there any Regestry entry that can disable...
  6. How to completely disable Aero Peek in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely disable Aero Peek in Windows 11: I tried both disabling the setting via the Taskbar settings last optionand setting "DisablePreviewDesktop" to 1Both don't stop Windows 11 from minimizing all the windows opened when Right click dragging to the lower right corner, is there any Regestry entry that can disable...
  7. How to disable the Programmable Taskbar feature in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable the Programmable Taskbar feature in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Windows 10, Microsoft has now added a new group policy that allows you […] This article How to disable the Programmable Taskbar feature in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to disable Windows 10's Programmable Taskbar feature

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Windows 10's Programmable Taskbar feature: Microsoft revealed a new feature that it called Programmable Taskbar back in July when it released Build 20161 to the Windows Insider Dev channel. The basic idea behind the feature was to customize the default set of icons that is displayed as part of the operating system's...
  9. how to disable peek? I don't find it useful.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to disable peek? I don't find it useful.: [ATTACH] I google it but on my settings, it looks like this. And Peek is still there. Thank you in advance for your help! https://preview.redd.it/wxv19qfw3p251.png?width=765&format=png&auto=webp&s=c800a754971d55f40def96934e093977e40c6543 submitted by...
  10. Does Windows 10 have a Aero peek feature?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Windows 10 have a Aero peek feature?: Computer keeps blinking off the page I am looking at and goes to previous page or I go into a website and it will blink and go back to previous screen, its maddening when you are typing and all of a sudden everything you've typed is lost and you have to start over. Now this...