Windows 10: HOW DO I? Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart?

Discus and support HOW DO I? Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please help. : After having my windows machine open with desktops, tabs, applications, notepads, signed into a mess of accounts I often find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mozill0rama, Aug 13, 2020.

1. HOW DO I? Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart?

Please help. :

After having my windows machine open with desktops, tabs, applications, notepads, signed into a mess of accounts I often find it freshly rebooted in the morning with updates, only to have my productivity unjustly doused. I run a handful of small businesses and you can probably imagine the perceived mess that is my work flow, even more so as you read further. To avoid the normal smattering of suggestions, yes I have changed the reboot window to the smallest allowed time, but this doesn't solve the problem at all. There was talk of an edit that would take care of this in another thread quoted below, though it was repeatedly claimed not to be reproducible by more than a handful of users. The edit was complicated enough for most users to avoid attempt, which doesn't seem to be an appropriate "fix." Another screen cap and post of the "pre-updated" windows 10 OS, before the option was seemingly removed surreptitiously for obvious security reasons. A happy medium must exist somewhere between there and here.

Now, you might tell me that it's my fault for working in a way that Microsoft has seen fit to engineer out of their products for possibly not finding an acceptable union between security and versatile Accessibility options, but try to tap into your empathy first. The needs of NEURODIVERGENT folk need to be considered in operating system design. Current "Accessibility" options seemingly do not take this into consideration. Coming back to an altered workspace through not fault of your own, and despite efforts to the contrary, can be VERY overwhelming and the wind-down and recovery can result in hours of lost productivity, if not the entire day. This is not always the case, but continuing consideration to stress levels.

The main reason I'm writing this is because there needs to be a clear message for those of us who CHOOSE to use a windows machine for our professional endeavors. It's important that I am able to work whenever motivation, organization, inspiration, and inclination arise, because they may not always be easy to come by in concert. It's important that the expectation that our equipment be in the same state that we left it in the last time we interacted with it, be considered as productivity can be a fairly elusive beast.

I would love a straight forward feature fix to this that would allow people to set a 24-48 hour wait period with reboot requests at an adjustable interval value greater than 0, increasing as thew deadline moves closer. Even a link to an explanation articles and a subtitled video, ideally at varying levels of difficulty for layman to professional consumption, would help people digest this better. At worst I'm hoping that this will start a conversation, at best, a feature request.

Thoughts?

----------------- Post I found by: Suleiman Boutzamat from March 2020

--- No solution was given and the thread was locked. ---

"Is there any REAL way to disable this cancer feature?

This is not the first time i have lost unsaved work due to this annoying function, that almost every Windows user hates.

I'm trying to behave, but it is really hard to keep calm after loosing unsaved work multiple times.

Why is it that Windows cannot just wait until the user decides to restart at a convenient time? It's not like the end of the world that users doesn't restart at a specific time.

In a time where Apple's Mac is already "stealing" a lot of Windows customers, it is a very risky and dumb feature to add to Windows.

This alone is very difficult to argue against in a Mac vs. Windows discussion.

Luckily for Microsoft Microsoft have secured themselves from a law suit in their policy.

MS knows that all Windows users hates this feature, and yet they still have it. WHY?

So back to the question. Is there any official/unofficial way FOR GOOD that allows me to disable this annoying feature?

I tried following some tutorials on YouTube, but little did it help obviously, as i just came home and found my computer restarted, and my work deleted." -- Suleiman Boutzamat

:)

mozill0rama, Aug 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Aug 13, 2020
  4. HOW DO I? Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart?

eidairaman1, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

HOW DO I? Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart?

1. HOW DO I? Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart? - Similar Threads - Disable Automatic Restart

2. Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart: Firstly, why Microsoft do you lock threads when they're not addressed/resolved and I have to start another one with the practically the same title and issue?Now to the point. How does one stop a PC from restarting without permission.... permanently. I note that group policy...
  3. How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart?: I absolutely HATE this stupid "feature". Its bloody annoying and is no use to me whatsoever. I don't care what version of windows I'm running, and old version fromgasp 1 week ago is not going to kill me and is perfectly fine. I'm a gamedev in my spare time, and I often leave...
  4. Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart: How can I disable Windows 10 automatic restart. This question has been asked A LOT on this board. I have done many of the suggestions but I need to know if any of them actually work. This is not a fact of losing simply losing information. The computer is going to be...
  5. How do I disable automatic restart after Windows downloads updates?

How do I disable automatic restart after Windows downloads updates?: I am hosting a private Minecraft server for my friends, but after Windows updated, it restarted outside of the active hours while the server was still running and possibly resulted in the corruption of the server's data. I am running the server 24/7 because my friends could...
  6. how do I disable automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I disable automatic updates?: the latest update(yesterday) disabled my Kaspersky app, and greyed out my button to reactivate it. Had to do a very slow system restore. How can I disable autoupdates ?...
  7. How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When a critical error is encountered by the Windows operating system, the system throws a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). This Blue Screen of Death then throws in the error code on the bottom left region and then reboots the [...] This post How to disable Automatic...
  8. how do you disable restart automatic repair option ?

how do you disable restart automatic repair option ?: I tried the bcedit option only to get the following result Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.137] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>bcedit /set recoveryenabled NO 'bcedit' is not recognized as an internal or external command,...
  9. How do I disable Windows 10 automatic update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I disable Windows 10 automatic update: I did disable the update, but it still update at startup sometimes. 82849
  10. how to disable all automatic restart in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to disable all automatic restart in windows 10?: Windows 10 Home rebooted for an unknown reason this morning. I woke up and found my pc hanged and unresponsive. I was able to connect through the vnc server, and saw the dot-circle going round and round. Just stuck there. I had to hard reboot. When I checked the Event...