Windows 10: How do I disable Windows 10 from restarting without permission?

Discus and support How do I disable Windows 10 from restarting without permission? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was writing an article for a trade journal when Windows shoved a blue screen with "Restarting" right in front of me. This continued despite my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BillLevinson, Nov 26, 2022.

1. How do I disable Windows 10 from restarting without permission?

I was writing an article for a trade journal when Windows shoved a blue screen with "Restarting" right in front of me. This continued despite my pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete numerous times to try to stop it and, when it restarted, my work was gone. I cannot deal with a so-called operating system that will step in unannounced from left field to ruin my work whenever it feels like doing so.

:)

BillLevinson, Nov 26, 2022
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Nov 26, 2022
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How do I disable Windows 10 from restarting without permission?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

How do I disable Windows 10 from restarting without permission?

1. How do I disable Windows 10 from restarting without permission? - Similar Threads - disable restarting without

2. How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!: I run Windows 10 on my computer and am fed up with it restarting without my consent. I get the message that restart will be required for installing updates, but I want to be in control of when MY computer restarts with MY operating system on it. As it is now, I click on...
  3. How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!: I run Windows 10 on my computer and am fed up with it restarting without my consent. I get the message that restart will be required for installing updates, but I want to be in control of when MY computer restarts with MY operating system on it. As it is now, I click on...
  4. How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I disable Windows 10 from restarting without permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Windows 10 from restarting without permission?: I was writing an article for a trade journal when Windows shoved a blue screen with "Restarting" right in front of me. This continued despite my pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete numerous times to try to stop it and, when it restarted, my work was gone. I cannot deal with a so-called...
  6. How do I disable Windows 10 from restarting without permission?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I disable Windows 10 from restarting without permission?: I was writing an article for a trade journal when Windows shoved a blue screen with "Restarting" right in front of me. This continued despite my pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete numerous times to try to stop it and, when it restarted, my work was gone. I cannot deal with a so-called...
  7. HOW DO I? Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW DO I? Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart?: Please help. : After having my windows machine open with desktops, tabs, applications, notepads, signed into a mess of accounts I often find it freshly rebooted in the morning with updates, only to have my productivity unjustly doused. I run a handful of small businesses...
  8. Disable Device without Restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Device without Restarting: Is there a way to disable a device without restarting? I'm using DevCon to disable a game controller on my computer and it always says it needs a restart. I know it doesn't. It's a game controller for gods sake! I can rip the thing out if I wanted to and Windows would carry...
  9. How to restart windows 10 without restarting it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to restart windows 10 without restarting it.: hi, is it possible to restart windows 10 and all of its services not just explorer without actually restarting it. because it takes a lot of time to restart it. best regards....
  10. How do I Restart Win 10 without password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I Restart Win 10 without password?: I can't Right Click on a Run it in administrative mode like I can do in Windows 7 23508