Windows 10: How do I disable Windows 10 PIN option?

Discus and support How do I disable Windows 10 PIN option? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Dont want pin to log in..how to undo... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pamelaisbill, Sep 8, 2018.

1. pamelaisbill Win User

How do I disable Windows 10 PIN option?

Split from this thread.​

Dont want pin to log in..how to undo

:)

pamelaisbill, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Sayan_Ghosh Win User

Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Janeane Cru Win User
    Disable login with pin option

Hi Victor,

Logging into your Windows 10 PC was made easier by using PIN in Window Hello. If you don't want to use PIN in your Windows 10 PC, you can always remove it through
    Settings. Follow these steps to remove it:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options tab.
    • Under Windows Hello, look for PIN.
    • Click on Remove button.
    • Type in your Microsoft account password to verify and click on OK.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Sep 8, 2018
  4. James_UniqueID1234 Win User

Permanently disable pin option on Windows 10 Home

Hi Andre. Thanks for the recommendation.

• As stated, I have previously added and removed a pin code successfully, in an attempt to disable the prompting and also did this as one of the variations on Dave's suggestions. I am able to add a pin code but I don't want to add a pin code.
    • The NGC folder had no files or folders within it (I had to take ownership of the folder and child objects before I could verify that).
    In short, this hasn't solved the problem either.

I haven't tried your suggestion of switching my account to a local account yet as it isn't clear from your suggestion that the switch would itself solve the problem; rather you've suggested I still create a pin code, which would, of course, make the prompt
    go away, but I don't want to use a pin code.

Whilst I could configure a pin code to exactly match my password, I shouldn't have to configure a pin code if I don't want to (and I don't have to on Pro, this is just a Home edition problem).

James_UniqueID1234, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I disable Windows 10 PIN option? - Similar Threads - disable PIN option

2. How do I disable the touchpad on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable the touchpad on Windows 10.: How do I disable the touchpad on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-disable-the-touchpad-on-windows-10/33c01c79-f8f7-4610-9b21-9d41ec4720ab
  3. How do I remove the start up pin option ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove the start up pin option ?: Cancel does not work as posted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-remove-the-start-up-pin-option/b12a2c27-9ec6-4ea1-bbf2-a42b5f2e7b76"
  4. How do I disable SmartScreen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable SmartScreen?: How do I disable SmartScreen? Everything I read about this says, Go to the Control Panel. Select "Security and Maintenance" Select "Change Windows SmartScreen settings" Problem is I don't have a "Change Windows SmartScreen settings" in my "Security and Maintenance"...
  5. how do I pin hotmail to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    how do I pin hotmail to taskbar: Cannot find any reference to this little problem which I find annoying . 66543
  6. How do I disable the sign-in requirement for Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I disable the sign-in requirement for Windows 10?: I would like to be able to access my computer without signing in every time. How do I disable the sign-in requirement? 29514
  7. How do I disable Windows 10 automatic update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I disable Windows 10 automatic update: I did disable the update, but it still update at startup sometimes. 82849
  8. the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it?: like the title said, how do i enable CSM? iam poised to try booting from flash drive that contains the linux ISO thingy. i wish to try it, out of curiousity*Shock 87998
  9. How do I uninstall the Windows 10 upgrade option?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I uninstall the Windows 10 upgrade option?: I installed the upgrade option on Windows 8. How do I uninstall it. [img] 4217
  10. How Do I Disable Search in Windows 10 Start

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Disable Search in Windows 10 Start: Hi I am looking to disable windows start search facility, does anyone know where the files are or how to disable this facility. I am looking in doing so as I am restricting access to a user account and although I have restricted the user capability's they can still search...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable windows 10 pin