Windows 10: How do I disable windows hello, my computer is not supported, yet I still am asked for a...

Discus and support How do I disable windows hello, my computer is not supported, yet I still am asked for a... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I disable windows hello, my computer is not supported, yet I still am asked for a pin which I do not want to use. I want to stick with a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KevinLong7, May 15, 2019.

1. How do I disable windows hello, my computer is not supported, yet I still am asked for a...

How do I disable windows hello, my computer is not supported, yet I still am asked for a pin which I do not want to use. I want to stick with a password to login.

:)

KevinLong7, May 15, 2019

2. PIN Box Missing - After Update - Windows Hello

Thank you for all the information.

To assist you better with your concern, we suggest that you disable Windows Hello. This should prevent you from getting issues in logging-in to your computer.

To do it, kindly follow the steps below:

• On your Cortana, type "Settings", and then press Enter.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options.
    • Disable Windows Hello.

Let us know how it goes.

Jhessica Sur, May 15, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 15, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

How do I disable windows hello, my computer is not supported, yet I still am asked for a...

How to disable Windows Hello

Hi Tom,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work the way they are expected to. However, we can try a few steps and see if we can disable Windows Hello permanently, but before we try those steps, may I know:

What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

Did you notice any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

Troubleshooting methods:

Method 1: Using Group policy settings.

If you are on Windows 10 Pro edition, you can change the group policy settings to disable PIN sign-in option for all users.

• Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type GPEDIT.MSC and hit the Enter key.
    • Go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon.
    • On the right side, double click on Turn on PIN sign-in and select
      Disabled.
    • Similarly disable the other Windows Hello options if any.
    • Exit the Group policy editor and reboot the computer.

Method 2: Disabling Windows Hello in Registry.

If setting Group policy doesn’t work, you disable the sign in options which should disable

Windows Hello options in all user accounts.

Disclaimer: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts
    on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information in the registry.

Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information.

Please take a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the link below:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

• Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
    • When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptions.
    • In the right pane, double click on the DWORD entry named
      value set it to 0.

The above method will disable Windows Hello for all user accounts. If you want to re-enable

it, change the DWORD entry Value back to

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 15, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable windows hello, my computer is not supported, yet I still am asked for a...

1. How do I disable windows hello, my computer is not supported, yet I still am asked for a... - Similar Threads - disable hello computer

2. How do I disable Windows Hello for logging into websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Windows Hello for logging into websites: Windows 11 Home forced me to set up a pin for Windows Hello. Now when I want to log into my account on any website, it forces me to input that pin. I'm not talking about logging into my computer with a pin - that I want to keep the same as it has always been. Settings -...
  3. I deleted my windows hello pin and it is still asking me for it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted my windows hello pin and it is still asking me for it.: I tried to start minecraft, but it is asking me for windows hello pin which I deleted. It is clearly written in the settings that I don't have one anymore. I had this problem for month. I can sadly not put images because this site is not willing to upload them.I am really...
  4. I deleted my windows hello pin and it is still asking me for it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted my windows hello pin and it is still asking me for it.: I tried to start minecraft, but it is asking me for windows hello pin which I deleted. It is clearly written in the settings that I don't have one anymore. I had this problem for month. I can sadly not put images because this site is not willing to upload them.I am really...
  5. I am asked for a windows hello PIN that I do not and am unable to set up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am asked for a windows hello PIN that I do not and am unable to set up: I downloaded minecraftlauncher, which asked me to sign in to microsoft store to proceed. When I try to sign in, it asks me for my password as usual, which I enter, but then it asks for windows hello PIN, which I don't have. I select "forgot pin" and it tells me to reset from...
  6. I am asked for a windows hello PIN that I do not and am unable to set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am asked for a windows hello PIN that I do not and am unable to set up: I downloaded minecraftlauncher, which asked me to sign in to microsoft store to proceed. When I try to sign in, it asks me for my password as usual, which I enter, but then it asks for windows hello PIN, which I don't have. I select "forgot pin" and it tells me to reset from...
  7. I am asked for a windows hello PIN that I do not and am unable to set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. how do I disable windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I disable windows hello: Dear Community-I used Peer Sam's "solution", see below now my machine will not boot. How do I fix this? I recently upgraded now running:Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎05-‎15 OS build 19042.985 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 Method...
  9. How do I disable Windows Hello - facial recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable Windows Hello - facial recognition: In the last few days, I have noticed that my Surface is trying to ID my face at the password screen. I have never enabled Hello and I don't want to enable it. I want to continue to use my password for login and unlocking the lock screen. I cannot turn off Hello in sign-in...
  10. How do I disable Bluetooth on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable Bluetooth on my computer: Blueto Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact https://support.microsoft.com/contactus if you need help. oth has been reported as wi-fi hacker...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i disable windows hello