Windows 10: How do i disable windows update permanently?

Discus and support How do i disable windows update permanently? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Balharhad [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m2wt2p/how_do_i_disable_windows_update_permanently/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Balharhad, Mar 11, 2021.

1. How do i disable windows update permanently?

/u/Balharhad, Mar 11, 2021
  2. EpsylonDH Win User

How do I PERMANENTLY disable Window Ink for Windows 10 Pro 1803

I tried it, and after restarting the changes I made to these services persisted, but the "Use Windows Ink" box checked itself again... I tried unchecking it and restarting again for a double check, no effect :/

Still, thanks for the suggestion.

EpsylonDH, Mar 11, 2021
  3. SirElrey Win User
    How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS?

Hi,

I would like to ask question on How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS?

Already tried the following:

• Stop and Disable Windows Update from services.msc
    • Disable Windows Update from gpedit.msc

But once we restarted the Units, It will perform Windows Updates.

Some of our Applications are not working properly after these updates.

Thanks,

Elrey

SirElrey, Mar 11, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

How do i disable windows update permanently?

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Since this is a TP. The option to turn off/disable Windows Defender is grayed out. However, you can turn off by:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

1. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: gpedit.msc
    2. Manoeuver to: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Defender
    3. Double click on "Turn Off Windows Defender" and select "Enabled" then click "Apply"

WARNING: After turn off "Windows Defender", you might not be able to turn it back on. I suggest before trying this, make a backup image so you can restore to the way it was.

How do i disable windows update permanently? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

How do i disable windows update permanently?

1. How do i disable windows update permanently? - Similar Threads - disable update permanently

2. how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?: if i am unable to permanently disable this computer from doing ANY automatic updates, i WILL permanently disable this computer from ever being able to be distinguished from a pile of any type of fecal matter!!!!!!!...
  3. how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?: if i am unable to permanently disable this computer from doing ANY automatic updates, i WILL permanently disable this computer from ever being able to be distinguished from a pile of any type of fecal matter!!!!!!!...
  4. how do i permanently disable updates in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?: Today I before I left for work, I had several tabs in two different programs open, with unsaved work that I hadn't finished yet. I closed my laptop to put it into sleep mode, came back 6 hours later, and Windows had gracefully updated against my will and deleted a lot of...
  6. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?: Today I before I left for work, I had several tabs in two different programs open, with unsaved work that I hadn't finished yet. I closed my laptop to put it into sleep mode, came back 6 hours later, and Windows had gracefully updated against my will and deleted a lot of...
  7. How do I permanently disable Windows Update?

How do I permanently disable Windows Update?: Hi,Firstly, Windows Update is completely dodgy. First I didn't have enough space so I eventually got sick of being bombarded with warnings to update, so changed my drive partition to make 30GB. Update went through then cancelled and rolled back with a 0xc1900101 - 0x30018...
  8. How do i permanently disable auto updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i permanently disable auto updates?: Me computer constantly tries to "update" windows regardless of if the "update" works or not, it does this every time i turn it on and it makes booting up my pc take ages. Most of the time it says update failed undoing changes, but a few times it "successfully updated" and...
  9. How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart?

How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart?: I absolutely HATE this stupid "feature". Its bloody annoying and is no use to me whatsoever. I don't care what version of windows I'm running, and old version fromgasp 1 week ago is not going to kill me and is perfectly fine. I'm a gamedev in my spare time, and I often leave...
  10. How do I permanently disable automatic updates?

How do I permanently disable automatic updates?: I had 17 tabs open in an Incognito tab all about different things for my jeep. I've been trying to work on it and it's taken me a few days to get all the information I need so I can mess with the headlights, jack, and a couple of other things without the fear of messing...