Windows 10: how do I disassociate myself from a computer that I will give away?

Discus and support how do I disassociate myself from a computer that I will give away? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; See title. How?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrantMiller, Sep 21, 2019.

1. how do I disassociate myself from a computer that I will give away?

See title. How?

:)

BrantMiller, Sep 21, 2019
  2. coco1 Win User

How do I DISassociate a file type in Windows 10?

I am having this problem with a .pes file (machine embroidery). I need to disassociate it from a file type, however, I have tried the various suggestions and it is still associated. I want it associated with unknown application. Would greatly appreciate
    your assistance!

coco1, Sep 21, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

how do I disassociate myself from a computer that I will give away?

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

how do I disassociate myself from a computer that I will give away?

1. how do I disassociate myself from a computer that I will give away? - Similar Threads - disassociate myself computer

2. How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..: I have a file that called Xbox games, it keeps getting larger adding new subfiles. I know I have to delete it but it says I need permission to delete from administration how do I give myself full access to delete the filees...
  3. How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..: I have a file that called Xbox games, it keeps getting larger adding new subfiles. I know I have to delete it but it says I need permission to delete from administration how do I give myself full access to delete the filees...
  4. How do I unlink myself and all my accounts on a laptop PC I want to give away?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlink myself and all my accounts on a laptop PC I want to give away?: Altogether, I have 4 laptops. I want to give away the oldest laptop I have to my grandson. I reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, taking off all my old files & folders completely, so it is a new Windows 10 operating system. I installed only necessary apps like Malwarebytes...
  5. How do I unlink myself and all my accounts on a laptop PC I want to give away?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unlink myself and all my accounts on a laptop PC I want to give away?: Altogether, I have 4 laptops. I want to give away the oldest laptop I have to my grandson. I reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, taking off all my old folders & files completely, so it is a new Windows 10 operating system. I installed only necessary apps like Malwarebytes...
  6. How do I unlink myself and all my accounts on a laptop PC I want to give away?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I unlink myself and all my accounts on a laptop PC I want to give away?: Altogether, I have 4 laptops. I want to give away the oldest laptop I have to my grandson. I reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, taking off all my old folders & files completely, so it is a new Windows 10 operating system. I installed only necessary apps like Malwarebytes...
  7. How do I give myself access to my own folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I give myself access to my own folder?: Whenever I try to open/delete one of my folders it pops up with a message saying "windows cannot open the folder, access to the compressed zipped folder is denied" and doesn't let me do anything, for example, i cant see the security settings because I don't have...
  8. How do I give myself Administrators right etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I give myself Administrators right etc.: I am the only User and am the Administrator. When I received my PC back from the tech people after a problem and they had to reinstall Windows 10 I noticed that I did not need to enter a PIN to be able to use my PC. So I decided to set one up using the Settings Menu and all...
  9. How Do i Give myself SafeDisc Capabilities?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do i Give myself SafeDisc Capabilities?: I have a copy of Black & White and Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets and they won't start however I Believe you can Start SafeDisc Driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-give-myself-safedisc-capabilities/26e11021-c5ca-484d-8924-7e8fdbaa9267
  10. Give computer away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Give computer away: I want to give my computer to someone, how do I remove me as a user (and add them)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/give-computer-away/3c778260-9916-4a1c-83be-ddd62551dff4"