Windows 10: how do I disassociate myself from a computer that I will give away?

Discus and support how do I disassociate myself from a computer that I will give away? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; See title. How?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrantMiller, Sep 21, 2019.

1. how do I disassociate myself from a computer that I will give away?

See title. How?

:)

BrantMiller, Sep 21, 2019
  2. coco1 Win User

How do I DISassociate a file type in Windows 10?

I am having this problem with a .pes file (machine embroidery). I need to disassociate it from a file type, however, I have tried the various suggestions and it is still associated. I want it associated with unknown application. Would greatly appreciate
    your assistance!

coco1, Sep 21, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

how do I disassociate myself from a computer that I will give away?

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

how do I disassociate myself from a computer that I will give away?

1. how do I disassociate myself from a computer that I will give away? - Similar Threads - disassociate myself computer

2. how do i remove myself from this site?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i remove myself from this site?: See subject! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-myself-from-this-site/e8756ade-a028-4729-a0db-5a971ad06ec5
  3. How do I change the account administrator from my son to myself?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the account administrator from my son to myself?: He set the computer up initially and set up himself as the administrator. I want to become the only administrator instead so that I can set up time limits that he cant change without my approval. Thanks for input!...
  4. Idenity Theft by way of my Computer, How do I protect myself?

Idenity Theft by way of my Computer, How do I protect myself?: May 31, 2019 MICROSOFT This morning my computer stopped completely! It said contact support 18777641203 The Technician that answered said his name was Andrew Williams. He said someone hacked my IP number remotely! Error loggeted Fri May 312019 Microsoft Diagnostic...
  5. How do I release myself from incognito?

How do I release myself from incognito?: How do I release myself from incognito? HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-release-myself-from-incognito/dd1d700a-615d-4bcd-86a5-bbda93694674"
  6. How Do I Make These Go Away?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Make These Go Away?: Over the last few months I've been uninstalling aps using Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 All I can figure at some point I got rid of these while the updates were pending install. Question is: How do I get rid of these three leftovers? [img] The Realtek Audio Control fails...
  7. How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?: While using my parents computer I logged in to the Feedback Hub app using the credentials for my Microsoft account. Now my account has been automatically linked with my parents local user profile. Our desktop wallpaper and other details are now being synced. I cannot see...
  8. Give computer away

Give computer away: I want to give my computer to someone, how do I remove me as a user (and add them)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/give-computer-away/3c778260-9916-4a1c-83be-ddd62551dff4"
  9. How do I give different sharing permissions to different computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I give different sharing permissions to different computers?: Hi. I have a folder full of movies that I'm sharing over the network. I want my raspberry pi to be the only one able to change the content of the folder, but I want everyone on the network to able to read from it, how can this be done? 67351
  10. How can I give permission to move a protected folder to myself?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I give permission to move a protected folder to myself?: So I'm trying to move a folder from an external hard drive to my desktop, but when I try that, it says that I need permission from my own account, does anyone know how to fix this? 100042