Windows 10: How do I disconnect from WiFi with an Ethernet Cableq

Discus and support How do I disconnect from WiFi with an Ethernet Cableq in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to disconnect from the internet to do something offline but I can't find an "Airplane Mode" feature on my Windows 10, it is a real not cracked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by weedmanners, Nov 22, 2018.

1. How do I disconnect from WiFi with an Ethernet Cableq

I need to disconnect from the internet to do something offline but I can't find an "Airplane Mode" feature on my Windows 10, it is a real not cracked windows 10 and I figure it is somehow related to me using an Ethernet Cable, thank you.

:)

weedmanners, Nov 22, 2018

2. Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      How do I disconnect from WiFi with an Ethernet Cableq [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, Nov 22, 2018
  3. srdavis Win User
    Make Windows 10 connect/disconnect to WiFi based on Ethernet connection status

Steps:

1. Go to Control Panel\ All Control Panel Items\ Network and Sharing Center > click on 'Change adapter settings' then use the 'alt button' to show menus and select Advanced Settings...
    2. Under Connections section, select Ethernet, and use the arrows to the right to move Ethernet above WiFi.
    3. Click OK.

Windows will now prefer the Ethernet over the WiFi for connecting to the internet. This should apply for Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.

srdavis, Nov 22, 2018
  4. mlg63 Win User

How do I disconnect from WiFi with an Ethernet Cableq

Wifi disconnects when ethernet plugs in

That is normal. WiFi is not needed if ethernet is plugged into the router and wifi does not share the ethernet connection. No ethernet cable is required on a wireless network with a wireless router. Wifi is accessed automatically by connecting to the router
    by all computers and devices on the network. Disconnect the ethernet cable
    from the computer
    and it should find the wifi. Other computers use the wifi without any help from the main computer. If you have a printer connected, make sure it is connected to the wifi router wirelessly or by cable connected to the router and not an
    individual computer. Get more info about that and setting up a wireless network. Your wireless router maker's support site is a good place to start.

mlg63, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

How do I disconnect from WiFi with an Ethernet Cableq

1. How do I disconnect from WiFi with an Ethernet Cableq - Similar Threads - disconnect WiFi Ethernet

2. How can I stop the Wifi from disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop the Wifi from disconnecting?: My PC has recently started having a problem where it will disconnect from the Wifi. When it disconnects, the option to turn on the Wifi or to change the network will disappear completely. The Wifi will not turn back on unless I restart the PC. The Wifi will stay connected for...
  3. How can I stop the Wifi from disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop the Wifi from disconnecting?: My PC has recently started having a problem where it will disconnect from the Wifi. When it disconnects, the option to turn on the Wifi or to change the network will disappear completely. The Wifi will not turn back on unless I restart the PC. The Wifi will stay connected for...
  4. Bridging wifi and ethernet connections – wifi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bridging wifi and ethernet connections – wifi keeps disconnecting: Hi all,I am trying to use Windows to bridge my wifi connection to non wifi devices. I have successfully setup the bridge in Network Connections. However, the wifi only stays connected for a few seconds before it disconnects everything is working as expected, with wired...
  5. Bridging wifi and ethernet connections – wifi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bridging wifi and ethernet connections – wifi keeps disconnecting: Hi all,I am trying to use Windows to bridge my wifi connection to non wifi devices. I have successfully setup the bridge in Network Connections. However, the wifi only stays connected for a few seconds before it disconnects everything is working as expected, with wired...
  6. Bridging wifi and ethernet connections – wifi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Random Ethernet and WiFi disconnect

Random Ethernet and WiFi disconnect: So I've been dealing with an issue where my ethernet randomly disconnects along with my wifi. Its been an ongoing problem for a while. I've looked and researched every post and forum I could find on this and I couldn't find a single solution. I've tried just about everything...
  8. How do i connect to wifi without ethernet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i connect to wifi without ethernet?: I just got a new PC and i can’t connect to the wifi. It just gives me ethernet but i don’t have it nor do i know what it is. I’ve tried restarting my network settings but to no avail. The only network connection option it’s giving me is ethernet. how can i solve this?...
  9. disconnecting from wifi

disconnecting from wifi: My windows 10 keeps disconnecting from my wifi. It is very annoying and the only device that does this. Cell phones, iPad and everything else is fine. Just my pc running windows 10 with Microsoft edge keeps disconnecting....
  10. WiFi disconnects when ethernet is plugged in

WiFi disconnects when ethernet is plugged in: Hello, we have problem on Windows 10. When we connect ethernet cable, the WiFi automatically disable WiFi adapter. We checked BIOS, properities of adapters, check presence of third party programs and nothing is set wrong to do that. It started doing after Windows 10 update on...