Windows 10: How do I disconnect my Microsoft account

Discus and support How do I disconnect my Microsoft account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do i disconnect my Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mr Minecrafter, Aug 4, 2020.

1. How do I disconnect my Microsoft account

How do i disconnect my Microsoft account

:)

Mr Minecrafter, Aug 4, 2020

2. How to Disconnect Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As per the description we understand that you want remove the Microsoft account in your laptop. Please correct if its wrong. Let me assist you with this.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• When you say, delete my Microsoft Account do you wish to switch to Local account from Microsoft account?
    • Do you wish to delete the any other accounts which has been added?
    We cannot delete Microsoft account when we have logged in to the system. However we can switch to Local account from MS account.

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.

• Click on Accounts.

• Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.

• Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.

• Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.

• Now, login to Local account.
    Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Terry-M2 Win User
    how do i disconnect my microsoft account

how do i disconnect my microsoft account

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

Terry-M2, Aug 4, 2020
  4. How do I disconnect my Microsoft account

How do I delete my Microsoft Account in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• When you say, delete my Microsoft Account do you wish to switch to Local account from Microsoft account?
    • Do you wish to delete the any other accounts which has been added?
    We cannot delete Microsoft account when we have logged in to the system. However we can switch to Local account from MS account.

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.

• Click on Accounts.

• Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.

• Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.

• Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.

• Now, login to Local account.
    Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I disconnect my Microsoft account

1. How do I disconnect my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - disconnect Microsoft account

2. How do I unlock my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I unlock my Microsoft account?: I have had unauthorized activity on my Microsoft account. How do I unlock the account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-my-microsoft-account/ad258966-c266-445b-b84c-0193e4321a86
  3. How do I disconnect an account from Mircrosoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disconnect an account from Mircrosoft: I keep getting this error when I try to disconnect an old work account from my Microsoft accounts:Disconnect from the OrganizationThis PC isn't joined to a domainAfter disconnecting, you won't be able to sign in to this PC with your Organization.It will not let me disconnect....
  4. How do I disconnect an account from Mircrosoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disconnect an account from Mircrosoft: I keep getting this error when I try to disconnect an old work account from my Microsoft accounts:Disconnect from the OrganizationThis PC isn't joined to a domainAfter disconnecting, you won't be able to sign in to this PC with your Organization.It will not let me disconnect....
  5. How do I disconnect an account from Mircrosoft

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. how do I cancel my Microsoft account

how do I cancel my Microsoft account: how do I cancel my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-cancel-my-microsoft-account/b0ff60bc-ef73-4f9b-9534-d6f46ccabd37
  7. How do I disconnect a Microsoft account from another Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disconnect a Microsoft account from another Microsoft account?: So today I received a windows 11 dell laptop for my birthday and logged into it with my Microsoft account. My Microsoft account for some reason is connected to my dad‘s PC so everything just transferred over to my laptop. We checked on his PC and his microsoft account shows...
  8. How do I disconnect a Microsoft account from another Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disconnect a Microsoft account from another Microsoft account?: So today I received a windows 11 dell laptop for my birthday and logged into it with my Microsoft account. My Microsoft account for some reason is connected to my dad‘s PC so everything just transferred over to my laptop. We checked on his PC and his microsoft account shows...
  9. How do I disconnect a work or school account?

How do I disconnect a work or school account?: I have a Surface pro 5 with my own microsoft account as the administrator account. However, there is also a work or school account connected to my laptop. Whenever I try to disconnect the account, a box pops up saying "This work or school account cannot be removed by system...
  10. How do I delete my Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I delete my Microsoft account.: Can someone please help me? I don't want it. When I brought my laptop it asked me for all my info. I freaked out when it wanted my password, and changed to using this stupid pin that it had asked me to setup. Now Microsoft knows all about me. My name, DOB, phone, email,...