Windows 10: How do i do a clean install of window 10 using dvd boot up

Discus and support How do i do a clean install of window 10 using dvd boot up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi everyone, I need help with learning how to do a clean install of windows 10, I know that if I insert the installation media I made by using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gendrake61, Aug 11, 2016.

1. How do i do a clean install of window 10 using dvd boot up

hi everyone, I need help with learning how to do a clean install of windows 10, I know that if I insert the installation media I made by using the windows 10 media creation tool, I'm going to have to change the boot order on my HP notebook,and i will have to wipe all allocated partitions except the 1 in allocated partition on the disk, I have a cracked touchscreen on my pc and will likely send it in for repair tomorrow, and they may install the default OS using the original recovery disks I have to send in with this PC, if they do use the recovery discs and restore it to factory, I will likely start from scratch, and maybe even if They don't, from what I see on the bios there are two options for disabling:

1. Legacy Support mode(disabled)
    2.Secure boot(enabled)

which one do i choose, and how do i change the boot order, also how do i go about doing a clean install, should I insert the disk while the OS is running or change the boot order and boot from the windows10 upgrade/installation disk via internal dvd drive?

:)

gendrake61, Aug 11, 2016

2. How do I do a clean install of Win 10 when I am unable to upgrade Win 7 Pro?

Have you attempted to perform an in place upgrade using Windows Update first and see if that works?

How to: install Windows 10 from within Windows 8.1 or
    Windows 7 using Windows Update

1. Browse to "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete the contents of the folder.

2. Press Windows key + X > Click Command Prompt (Admin) then type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".

Hit Enter

3. Open Control Panel > Windows Update and Windows 10 should begin downloading..

Pre-requisite Task

When making significant changes to your computer such as updating the operating system, you should always backup.
    See links to resources about backing up by clicking the link for the respective version of Windows you are running:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7
    Windows 8/8.1

• Disable (preferrably uninstall) your Antivirus utility before attempting the upgrade.
    • Restart a few times and try again.
    • Disable General USB Devices (example - Smart Card Reader).
    • If you are using a SCSI hard disk, make sure you have drivers available for your storage device on a thumdrive and it is connected. During Windows 10 setup, click the Custom Advanced Option and use the Load Driver command to load the appropriate driver
      for the SCSI drive. If this does not work and setup still fails, consider switching to a IDE based hard disk.
    • Do a clean boot and try again.
    • If you are upgrading using the .ISO file, disconnect from the Internet during setup, if you are connected by LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi, disable both and attempt setup again.
    • If you are updating through Windows Update, when the download reaches 100% disconnect from the Internet LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi and proceed with the installation.
    • If that does not work, try using the .ISO file to upgrade if possible.
    • If you are connected to a domain, switch to a local account
    • If you have any external devices attached to the machine, disconnect them (example, gaming controllers, USB keys, external hard disk, printers, non-essential devices).
      How
      to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

How
      to download official Windows 10 ISO files

If you are installing Windows 10 using Windows Update, try the following:

1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Typethe following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type
      each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 11, 2016
  3. How do I do a clean install of Win 10 when I am unable to upgrade Win 7 Pro?

I am unable to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 Pro using an installation disk created by the media creation tool. I tried several times and the system consistently hangs after the initial logo. So now I am in a Catch 22 since without the ability to initially
    upgrade I cannot subsequently do a clean install without purchasing a new license. Is there any way out of this? Thanks.

Tony Zackin, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Ethelwulf Win User

How do i do a clean install of window 10 using dvd boot up

With notbooks I suck but I think i can give you heads up

You are talking about USB then you say dvd // it doesnt matter what you use it will all work

Insert dvd or usb boot change boot order then exit the pc will boot again you should see press any key to boot from dvd or cd///
    if you have usb in there then it should boot in to it normal and take it from there

no need to be afraid at this point because you have already decided to do a clean install

good luck

Ethelwulf, Aug 11, 2016
  5. thanks for your help,im up and running with a fresh install of windows 10.

gendrake61, Aug 11, 2016
  6. Ethelwulf Win User
    Good to know and your Welcome *Wink

Ethelwulf, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do i do a clean install of window 10 using dvd boot up

1. How do i do a clean install of window 10 using dvd boot up - Similar Threads - clean install window

2. How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?: I had downloaded Windows 10 but I still prefer Windows 7 and I have the Original USB installation stick to reload Windows 7. I'm not sure if I have to use a Command prompt and Format C: or if I can just use the BIOS and boot from USB. I just want it to work properly with no...
  3. How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?: I had downloaded Windows 10 but I still prefer Windows 7 and I have the Original USB installation stick to reload Windows 7. I'm not sure if I have to use a Command prompt and Format C: or if I can just use the BIOS and boot from USB. I just want it to work properly with no...
  4. How do I clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clean install?: I'm planning to do a factory reset. but recently I got few recommendations that I should do a clean install instead. What is better? Factory reset or clean install?If so, how do I clean install?...
  5. How do I clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I clean install?: I'm planning to do a factory reset. but recently I got few recommendations that I should do a clean install instead. What is better? Factory reset or clean install?If so, how do I clean install?...
  6. how do I use my DVD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I use my DVD on Windows 10: I don't know how to open the drawer for my DVD player, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-my-dvd-on-windows-10/343b987b-05e0-434c-81d9-b4b72abb5026
  7. How to do a clean install of windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to do a clean install of windows 10?: I would like to do clean install of Windows 10 home on my laptop asus Q525. What partition should I install Windows 10? What partitions should I keep in case I need it in the future I created a usb drive with Windows 10 UEFI boot media using Media Creation Tool. Drive 0...
  8. How to do clean install of Windows 10

How to do clean install of Windows 10: Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-clean-install-of-windows-10/628730f1-383d-4a1d-bd78-bc1471988e5b
  9. How do I do a perfect Windows 10 Clean Install?

How do I do a perfect Windows 10 Clean Install?: I was told in another question over in the Performance & System Failures forum and I forgot to make myself a How To doc. Hopefully the guy that had given me his list will see this and give it to me again. I hope it's just a simple Copy / Paste for him and that's what I'll do...
  10. decided to do clean install from dvd

decided to do clean install from dvd: Hello guys, my laptop got stucked in boot loop so i decided to do clean install from dvd. I wonder if i can leave D: partition and delete C: and those two of 350MB and 450MB size? Will i still get that unallocated space and be able to do install on it? Or i have to delete D:...