Windows 10: How do I do a clean install of Windows on a laptop in recovery mode?

Discus and support How do I do a clean install of Windows on a laptop in recovery mode? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; One of my laptops is in recovery mode but I don't the time or patience to try to recover the system to what it was and then install all the various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by RhinoCan, Feb 7, 2021.

1. RhinoCan Win User

How do I do a clean install of Windows on a laptop in recovery mode?

One of my laptops is in recovery mode but I don't the time or patience to try to recover the system to what it was and then install all the various updates. Since there is no important data on that laptop, I'd like to abandon the old data and just bring the laptop up to the present and essentially start fresh as if it's a brand-new laptop. What is my best way to do that?

I'm thinking I should create an image of Windows 10 Version 20H2 on a CD or DVD and then install that. Would that be reasonable? If so, can someone point me to the directions for doing that? I would use the laptop that I'm typing this message on to make the CD/DVD.

My big concern is the product key. Will this be a problem? I don't know what the key on the ailing laptop is or how to obtain it or even if I'll need it. What do I do about the key?

:)

RhinoCan, Feb 7, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 7, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

4. How do I do a clean install of Windows on a laptop in recovery mode?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

How do I do a clean install of Windows on a laptop in recovery mode?

1. How do I do a clean install of Windows on a laptop in recovery mode? - Similar Threads - clean install laptop

2. How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?: I had downloaded Windows 10 but I still prefer Windows 7 and I have the Original USB installation stick to reload Windows 7. I'm not sure if I have to use a Command prompt and Format C: or if I can just use the BIOS and boot from USB. I just want it to work properly with no...
  3. How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?: I had downloaded Windows 10 but I still prefer Windows 7 and I have the Original USB installation stick to reload Windows 7. I'm not sure if I have to use a Command prompt and Format C: or if I can just use the BIOS and boot from USB. I just want it to work properly with no...
  4. How do I clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clean install?: I'm planning to do a factory reset. but recently I got few recommendations that I should do a clean install instead. What is better? Factory reset or clean install?If so, how do I clean install?...
  5. How do I clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I clean install?: I'm planning to do a factory reset. but recently I got few recommendations that I should do a clean install instead. What is better? Factory reset or clean install?If so, how do I clean install?...
  6. How do I do a clean re install of windows if I already have windows installed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I do a clean re install of windows if I already have windows installed?: I want to do a complete fresh re install of windows, but I do not know how to do it on my computer that I'm using right now that already has windows 10 installed on it. I already reset the computer, but I think a fresh install is more likely to get the job done.I'm assuming I...
  7. How many times do I have to do a clean install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How many times do I have to do a clean install?: Windows speech recognition never worked from the beginning. Did a lot of tweaks to try to get it to work. Still it gives the same error "The language must be the same as the UI language". Standard Default US English. I could rant a lot better if I had speech recognition....
  8. How to do a clean install of windows 10?

How to do a clean install of windows 10?: I would like to do clean install of Windows 10 home on my laptop asus Q525. What partition should I install Windows 10? What partitions should I keep in case I need it in the future I created a usb drive with Windows 10 UEFI boot media using Media Creation Tool. Drive 0...
  9. How to do clean install of Windows 10

How to do clean install of Windows 10: Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-clean-install-of-windows-10/628730f1-383d-4a1d-bd78-bc1471988e5b
  10. How do I do a perfect Windows 10 Clean Install?

How do I do a perfect Windows 10 Clean Install?: I was told in another question over in the Performance & System Failures forum and I forgot to make myself a How To doc. Hopefully the guy that had given me his list will see this and give it to me again. I hope it's just a simple Copy / Paste for him and that's what I'll do...