Windows 10: How do I do a perfect Windows 10 Clean Install?

Discus and support How do I do a perfect Windows 10 Clean Install? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was told in another question over in the Performance & System Failures forum and I forgot to make myself a How To doc. Hopefully the guy that had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jeff A. Davis, Dec 2, 2018.

1. How do I do a perfect Windows 10 Clean Install?

I was told in another question over in the Performance & System Failures forum and I forgot to make myself a How To doc. Hopefully the guy that had given me his list will see this and give it to me again. I hope it's just a simple Copy / Paste for him and that's what I'll do to this time.

:)

Jeff A. Davis, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 2, 2018
  4. How do I do a perfect Windows 10 Clean Install?

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

How do I do a perfect Windows 10 Clean Install?

1. How do I do a perfect Windows 10 Clean Install? - Similar Threads - perfect Clean Install

2. How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?: I had downloaded Windows 10 but I still prefer Windows 7 and I have the Original USB installation stick to reload Windows 7. I'm not sure if I have to use a Command prompt and Format C: or if I can just use the BIOS and boot from USB. I just want it to work properly with no...
  3. How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I do a 'clean install' for Windows 7?: I had downloaded Windows 10 but I still prefer Windows 7 and I have the Original USB installation stick to reload Windows 7. I'm not sure if I have to use a Command prompt and Format C: or if I can just use the BIOS and boot from USB. I just want it to work properly with no...
  4. How do I clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clean install?: I'm planning to do a factory reset. but recently I got few recommendations that I should do a clean install instead. What is better? Factory reset or clean install?If so, how do I clean install?...
  5. How do I clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I clean install?: I'm planning to do a factory reset. but recently I got few recommendations that I should do a clean install instead. What is better? Factory reset or clean install?If so, how do I clean install?...
  6. How to do clean WIN 10 install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to do clean WIN 10 install: How to do?...
  7. How to do clean WIN 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to do clean WIN 10 install: How to do?...
  8. How to do a clean install of windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to do a clean install of windows 10?: I would like to do clean install of Windows 10 home on my laptop asus Q525. What partition should I install Windows 10? What partitions should I keep in case I need it in the future I created a usb drive with Windows 10 UEFI boot media using Media Creation Tool. Drive 0...
  9. How to do clean install of Windows 10

How to do clean install of Windows 10: Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-clean-install-of-windows-10/628730f1-383d-4a1d-bd78-bc1471988e5b
  10. How do You do a clean install but will i lose Windows 10? Help!

How do You do a clean install but will i lose Windows 10? Help!: How do you do a complete clean install of your PC? If I do this will I lose Windows 10 and if so how can I get it back ? Will I go back to Windows 7? Also what does it mean a clean install what necessary files do I need ...would I just come back to a blank screen after a...