Windows 10: how do I do auto-mounting in windows

Discus and support how do I do auto-mounting in windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I come from linux. In linux, we have a /etc/fstab file that tells the "mount" command what to mount as the root directory and what to mount as the home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Proprietary Softwares, Apr 29, 2019.

1. how do I do auto-mounting in windows

I come from linux. In linux, we have a /etc/fstab file that tells the "mount" command what to mount as the root directory and what to mount as the home directory... Here is my problem that may require a fstab-related feature:

I have two disks. When I installed windows I somehow had RAID set up. My EFI is on one disk and my C drive is on another. Now I need to migrate my C-drive partition to the drive with EFI so Windows only uses one disk. I decided to use MiniTool Partition Wizard to clone my C-drive to the disk with the EFI partition. However, this does not boot. Windows complains that my "PC needs repair". My guess is that Windows is still looking for the original disk for the C-drive, but I already unplugged that one. But I am not sure since Windows does not work like linux. How do I tell Windows to start my new partition as C-drive?

***Moved From: Windows 10/Performance & system failures***

:)

Proprietary Softwares, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues mounting ISO files on your Windows 10 Home computer. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried mounting the ISO files on another computer?
    • Have you tried copying the ISO file to your desktop and mount it from there?
    • Do you have a CD/DVD drive installed on your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 29, 2019
  4. how do I do auto-mounting in windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

how do I do auto-mounting in windows

1. how do I do auto-mounting in windows - Similar Threads - auto mounting

2. auto-hide taskbar not showing up when an app is maximirzed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto-hide taskbar not showing up when an app is maximirzed: my little cousin pressed some button on my keyboardand now my taskbar would have a strange behavior.it wouldn't open by bringing down the mouse curserinstead I need to open start menu....
  3. auto-hide taskbar not showing up when an app is maximirzed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto-hide taskbar not showing up when an app is maximirzed: my little cousin pressed some button on my keyboardand now my taskbar would have a strange behavior.it wouldn't open by bringing down the mouse curserinstead I need to open start menu....
  4. Restart how to turn off auto modification of images Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart how to turn off auto modification of images Windows 11: This question was asked previously. It was NOT resolved. There was an admission that the option to disable auto enhancing was disabled. Please advise why it was disabled and when Microsoft will re-enable it. Or if not why not ?...
  5. VHDX Auto Mount at Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VHDX Auto Mount at Startup: [ATTACH] I'm having trouble getting a VHDX to auto mount at startup. I'm using the guide found here, but it's not working. When I paste the same PoweShell command in an elevated PowerShell window, the VHDX mounts correctly. Here's the error I'm getting in Task Scheduler....
  6. how do I do auto-mounting in windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do I do auto-mounting in windows: I come from linux. In linux, we have a /etc/fstab file that tells the "mount" command what to mount as the root directory and what to mount as the home directory... Here is my problem that may require a fstab-related feature: I have two disks. When I installed windows I...
  7. How to enable or disable Auto-Mounting of Drives, Disks, Volumes in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Auto-Mounting of Drives, Disks, Volumes in Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Whenever a new drive or any storage device is attached to a Windows 10 computer, the Operating System tends to automatically allot at drive letter to it. This is not limited to assigning just a letter, but the OS also [...] This post How to enable or disable...
  8. Auto-Mount VHD or VHDX File at Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Auto-Mount VHD or VHDX File at Startup in Windows 10: How to: Auto-Mount VHD or VHDX File at Startup in Windows 10 How to Auto-Mount VHD or VHDX File at Startup in Windows 10 VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) is a file format which represents a virtual hard disk drive (HDD). It may contain what is found on a physical HDD, such as...
  9. Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted: [img] You can see from the image above that random drives get drive letters assigned to them for no reason. In addition to that, I can't even remove the drive letters, unless I use diskpart, but then that doesn't stick between reboots. Any ideas? 41103
  10. Prevent HDD auto-mount

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent HDD auto-mount: Hi, everyone! I've just installed a dual boot system, with two Windows 10 (one for work, one for gaming). I have a single HDD with two NTFS partitions for the two OS. Let's call the two OS Win1 and Win2. Win1 maps his own partition (system partition) as C:, and Win2...