Windows 10: How do I do fresh install of Windows 10 with Windows 7/8.1 product key

Discus and support How do I do fresh install of Windows 10 with Windows 7/8.1 product key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! New to the forum from Indiana. Will be building a new computer very soon, and will be switching from Windows 7. Currently running an Asus M5A99X... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by olds442, Mar 13, 2019.

1. olds442 Win User

How do I do fresh install of Windows 10 with Windows 7/8.1 product key

Hi! New to the forum from Indiana. Will be building a new computer very soon, and will be switching from Windows 7. Currently running an Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 with an AMD FX4350 Black Edition, and will be upgrading to an Asus ROG Strix X470 F with an AMD Ryzen5 2600 or 2600X.

I saw where you can download a copy of Windows 10 using the media creation tool, and activate it using a Win7 or Win 8.1 product key. If you do this, do you still have to pay for the software? Also, if you activate using one of the other product keys, and you have to go back to the older software for some reason (Windows 10 doesn't work out or something like that), can you still reuse the key for the original version (go back to older version)?

:)

olds442, Mar 13, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 13, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

windows 10 key

You need to upgrade the first time around. Once you upgrade, you can use that key for a clean installation. I've done 2 clean installations with my Windows 7 key since I upgraded to 10 the first time around.

Aquinus, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I do fresh install of Windows 10 with Windows 7/8.1 product key - Similar Threads - fresh install product

2. How do i find my windows 7 product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i find my windows 7 product key?: Help me sir.Wins 7 product has been lose on my wins 7 computer.please i want to my old wins 7 product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-windows-7-product-key/6dc171e4-48cb-4147-b428-132ed7ea08d0
  3. How do i find my windows 7 product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i find my windows 7 product key?: Help me sir.Wins 7 product has been lose on my wins 7 computer.please i want to my old wins 7 product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-windows-7-product-key/6dc171e4-48cb-4147-b428-132ed7ea08d0
  4. How do i install missing drivers for my old windows 7 it's a fresh install of windows 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i install missing drivers for my old windows 7 it's a fresh install of windows 7...: How do i fix these problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-missing-drivers-for-my-old/fb652f57-e1c7-40fb-a26b-b68673f512f6
  5. How do i install missing drivers for my old windows 7 it's a fresh install of windows 7...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i install missing drivers for my old windows 7 it's a fresh install of windows 7...: How do i fix these problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-missing-drivers-for-my-old/fb652f57-e1c7-40fb-a26b-b68673f512f6
  6. How do I find my windows 10 product key? Windows with another product key is installed on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I find my windows 10 product key? Windows with another product key is installed on...: The entire hardware is same in my pc except the HDD I have bought my laptop in 2017 from nearby store Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-windows-10-product-key-windows/2d05fe40-1123-4453-b15f-1b40cfd4dd2b
  7. How to install and activate Windows 10 using your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install and activate Windows 10 using your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key: I read this article. Is the described way using an existing Win7 key on my computer to install a new version of Win10 legal, if it's not an update? Thank you very much for answering!...
  8. Windows 10 Fresh Install - no product key

Windows 10 Fresh Install - no product key: I had a copy of Windows 10 and after recent update to 1903 my PC stopper working - BSOD was happening a lot to the point I could not use the PC. Now Windows has failed and I need to reinstall Windows 10. Previously I had Windows 7 and then did the free upgrade to Windows 10...
  9. "Unattend" Product Key error when doing fresh install

"Unattend" Product Key error when doing fresh install: Hi all. Was running Win 7 Home Basic; upgraded using to Win 10 but performance was poor. So, attempted to use the Settings tool to "Reset" without keeping my files. The reset got stuck at 66% (how ominous) and then informed me that the reset failed and the pc shut down....
  10. How to do a fresh install of windows 10?

How to do a fresh install of windows 10?: So i currently have 8.1 and i would like to reformat my Partition and do a clean install of windows 10. I have downloaded the windows 10 CD boot from here Windows 10 i have windows 8.1 home so i downloaded windows 10 home. And when i was doing the installation. it was asking...