Windows 10: how do i downgrade from DirectX 12 to DirectX 10

Discus and support how do i downgrade from DirectX 12 to DirectX 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do i downgrade from DirectX 12 to DirectX 10? :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CoolWindows10User, Nov 15, 2020.

1. how do i downgrade from DirectX 12 to DirectX 10

how do i downgrade from DirectX 12 to DirectX 10? :

:)

CoolWindows10User, Nov 15, 2020

2. Upgraded to Windows 10 but no directx 12?

Hi Chandrashekhar,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 comes with DirectX 12, however, its functionality always depends on the hardware, That is, the Graphics driver must be able to support DirectX 12.

I suggest you to run the DirectX end-user Runtime installer and check if it helps from the link below.

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

Coming to downgrading DirectX, DirectX upgrades are a one way streets wherein you can't downgrade once installed. One way to fix the BSOD (or dxgmms2 issues) is to update the graphics drivers to support DirectX 12.

Meanwhile, please go through the following KB article which speaks about the new update released on February 4th which includes many improvements and fixes.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3036140

Main fixes mentioned in the article:

• The Start Menu fails to launch shortly after install.
    • The system stops responding when installing apps from the Store.
    • The Settings app incorrectly reports that new builds are available, which return error 0x80246017 when attempting to download.
    • Reliability improvements to prevent some system crashes.
    Hope the above information is helpful. Please reply for any further clarifications.

Niranjan Manjhi, Nov 15, 2020
  3. SGK128 Win User
    DirectX 12

HI. I had upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 pro. I had chose the wipe everything option. I had checked after upgrade that wondows 10 was running directX 12. I had jjust insalled Steam Game Engine and it downgraded to directx 11. How and where can I download
    directX 12? I had checked windows update and store, and its not there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

SGK128, Nov 15, 2020
  4. how do i downgrade from DirectX 12 to DirectX 10

Vinod Archak, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

how do i downgrade from DirectX 12 to DirectX 10

1. how do i downgrade from DirectX 12 to DirectX 10 - Similar Threads - downgrade DirectX DirectX

2. How to downgrade from directx 12 to directx 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to downgrade from directx 12 to directx 11: So i recently got a different GPU Nvidea GTX 1650 and ever since ive been on direct x 12 and the game Grand Theft Auto V requires Direct X 11 to run but i do not know how to down grade...
  3. How to downgrade from directx 12 to directx 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to downgrade from directx 12 to directx 11: So i recently got a different GPU Nvidea GTX 1650 and ever since ive been on direct x 12 and the game Grand Theft Auto V requires Direct X 11 to run but i do not know how to down grade...
  4. How to downgrade from directx 12 to directx 11

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do i downgrade directx 12 to 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i downgrade directx 12 to 11?: Hi, I'm having some issues with my gpu, such as unexpected crashes and freezes. It's pretty old nvidia quadro 1000m but it has always done its job in a pretty decent way...until now at least.I saw that windows installed directx12 with one of its last updates and i think it's...
  6. How do i downgrade directx 12 to 11?

How do i downgrade directx 12 to 11?: Hi, I'm having some issues with my gpu, such as unexpected crashes and freezes. It's pretty old nvidia quadro 1000m but it has always done its job in a pretty decent way...until now at least.I saw that windows installed directx12 with one of its last updates and i think it's...
  7. How do i downgrade directx 12 to 11?

8. how to downgrade from directx 12 to directx 11

how to downgrade from directx 12 to directx 11: In roblox you cant change directx version so i need to change the version manually in dxdiag. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-downgrade-from-directx-12-to-directx-11/f1286ccc-b64d-46fb-a085-ecd46e9a01fc
  9. how to downgrade from directx 12 to directx 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to downgrade from directx 12 to directx 11: In roblox you cant change directx version so i need to change the version manually in dxdiag. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-downgrade-from-directx-12-to-directx-11/f1286ccc-b64d-46fb-a085-ecd46e9a01fc
  10. how to downgrade from directx 12 to directx 11

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downgrade directx 12 to 10