Windows 10: how do i download an app without admin rights when the app can only be downloaded as a "link"?

Discus and support how do i download an app without admin rights when the app can only be downloaded as a "link"? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i want to download an offline search engine however to do so the app must be an actual app on the home screen. however when i download it i will have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JulyFlowers2022, Aug 7, 2022.

1. how do i download an app without admin rights when the app can only be downloaded as a "link"?

i want to download an offline search engine however to do so the app must be an actual app on the home screen. however when i download it i will have to double click which only shows me the login for the admin password. the app is not on the home screen so that it can be transfered to the new file. technically its only available in file exporter which cannot be moved to a totally different folder

:)

JulyFlowers2022, Aug 7, 2022

2. After downloading apps-download disappear (It did not show up the setup apps).

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Which browser are you using to download the apps?

2. Did you see the download progress is completed successfully?

3. Where exactly(location) you are looking for the downloaded app?

4. Is this issue specific with Java and Flash Player?

5. Did you try downloading some other app and check if the same issue occurs?

I suggest you to download all the windows updates and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• On the search bar type Settings.
    • Click on Update and Security.
    • Click on Check for Updates.
    • Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.
    Also, I suggest you to set the download location for Internet Explorer and download apps using Explorer and check.

Follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Access the settings menu by clicking on the settings icon
      (it is a round gear shape near the top right of the Internet Explorer browser).
    • Choose "View downloads" from the menu. This will bring up the Downloads window.

• Click on "Options."

• Press the Browse button and browse to the folder where you want to download to be saved.

• Confirm with the OK button to assign the new download location. The downloads you perform from hereon will be saved in the folder that you have chosen.

If you are using Edge browser for downloading apps, please follow the steps below to find the downloaded app if it is completed successfully.

• Open the Microsoft Edge app.
    • Click on the Hub button on the right top corner of the screen (next to save favorites).
    • Click on Downloads button in the Hub, and click on the Open folder link.

Revert to us with the requested information and the results of the steps provided. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Aug 7, 2022
  3. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 7, 2022
  4. how do i download an app without admin rights when the app can only be downloaded as a "link"?

downloading apps

Hi George,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to understand the issue better, could you let me know

1. Operating system and edition of operating system you are using?
    2. From where you are trying to download apps?

However you can try following steps to if you are using Microsoft store to download apps.

Step 1 :

1. Open RUN box by pressing
      windows + R
      button on the keyboard.
    2. Then type WSReset.exe and click on
      OK.
    3. Try to logging in to store with your Microsoft account.
    4. Try downloading the apps.

Step 2:

1. Search for command prompt on
      Cortana
      search bar.
    2. Right click on command prompt and click on
      run as administrator.
    3. Type below command and press enter.

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

The above command will take some time and I would suggest you to wait until the process completes.

To know the edition of operating system,

1. Right click on This PC and click on
      Properties.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Manjunath_H, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

how do i download an app without admin rights when the app can only be downloaded as a "link"?

1. how do i download an app without admin rights when the app can only be downloaded as a "link"? - Similar Threads - download app without

2. how i can download apps on this laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how i can download apps on this laptop?: how can I download apps that are not linked with Microsoft in this laptop, specifically ZOOM. I have checked setting in the "Apps" section and I still could not do anything....
  3. how can i download apps on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i download apps on desktop: i want to download endroid apps like facebook instagram and others on my pc desktop but this process is not available in my pc ....how can i do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-download-apps-on-desktop/ca271e47-bf11-422a-92e3-96fd22e5a4a6
  4. how can i download apps on desktop

how can i download apps on desktop: i want to download endroid apps like facebook instagram and others on my pc desktop but this process is not available in my pc ....how can i do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-download-apps-on-desktop/ca271e47-bf11-422a-92e3-96fd22e5a4a6
  5. how can i reinstall windows without losing apps and downloads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i reinstall windows without losing apps and downloads.: so i have an issue and im going to need to reinstall windows, but how can i do so without losing my files AND apps, i tried doing so but there wasnt any choice to not lose my apps, im also im not sure how can i back up my apps, how can i do it?...
  6. how can i reinstall windows without losing apps and downloads.

how can i reinstall windows without losing apps and downloads.: so i have an issue and im going to need to reinstall windows, but how can i do so without losing my files AND apps, i tried doing so but there wasnt any choice to not lose my apps, im also im not sure how can i back up my apps, how can i do it?...
  7. how do i download an app without admin rights when the app can only be downloaded as a "link"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i download an app without admin rights when the app can only be downloaded as a "link"?: i want to download an offline search engine however to do so the app must be an actual app on the home screen. however when i download it i will have to double click which only shows me the login for the admin password. the app is not on the home screen so that it can be...
  8. how do i download an app without admin rights when the app can only be downloaded as a "link"?

how do i download an app without admin rights when the app can only be downloaded as a "link"?: i want to download an offline search engine however to do so the app must be an actual app on the home screen. however when i download it i will have to double click which only shows me the login for the admin password. the app is not on the home screen so that it can be...
  9. Link app download

Link app download: Hi guys, few days ago I bought this 2in1 tablet Linx 12x62, I wanted to download Spotify and Prime video on it but in my Microsoft account doesn't show this device as one I can download in. I logged in with my account, I made sure I did add the device but still doesn't let...
  10. app didn't download right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app didn't download right: went on line after Microsoft solitaire would not play due to error code 101 said to uninstall and reinstall it. did that twice... it does not work. still get the same error mode....