Windows 10: How do I download Microsoft Defender?

Discus and support How do I download Microsoft Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got this odd notification that I didn't read but it definitely wasn't safe and I went to my settings and it says "Actions recommended".I clicked open... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by James Stronach, Aug 11, 2022.

1. How do I download Microsoft Defender?

I got this odd notification that I didn't read but it definitely wasn't safe and I went to my settings and it says "Actions recommended".I clicked open windows security and it asked me to download windows security and I tried to download it but it gave me Code: 0x80070005.I don't know what this means but I can't download Microsoft defender from the Microsoft store.It also shows owned when I look at it in the Microsoft store.As I am typing this I went into my search and typed "Defender" and it shows that I have Microsoft security but when I try to open it nothing happens.Can someone help me out

:)

James Stronach, Aug 11, 2022

2. Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 11, 2022
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Kim Tiw Win User

How do I download Microsoft Defender?

windows defender detected error0X8050800c

Hello,

This error indicates that there might be a problem with your security product. We suggest that you follow these steps to update the definitions on your Windows Defender:

• Update the definitions. Either click the Update definitions button on the Update tab in Windows Defender, or download the latest definitions from the Microsoft
      Malware Protection Center
    • Run a full scan.
    • Restart the device and try again.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply on this post.

Kim Tiw, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

How do I download Microsoft Defender?

1. How do I download Microsoft Defender? - Similar Threads - download Microsoft Defender

2. How do I cancel microsoft defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I cancel microsoft defender?: How do I cancel Microsoft defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-cancel-microsoft-defender/ccc94bdf-4a9f-4aa0-b336-eba6fa5c6a1b
  3. How do I cancel microsoft defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I cancel microsoft defender?: How do I cancel Microsoft defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-cancel-microsoft-defender/ccc94bdf-4a9f-4aa0-b336-eba6fa5c6a1b
  4. How do I cancel microsoft defender?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Windows Defender: How do I re-download?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender: How do I re-download?: Is there some official place on Microsoft where I can re-download Windows Defender so that I can be sure that I have all perfect intact files? And can I be sure that it's effective, can I be sure that Defender is actually working properly without any glitches as the result of...
  6. Windows Defender: How do I re-download?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender: How do I re-download?: Is there some official place on Microsoft where I can re-download Windows Defender so that I can be sure that I have all perfect intact files? And can I be sure that it's effective, can I be sure that Defender is actually working properly without any glitches as the result of...
  7. Windows Defender: How do I re-download?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How do I download Microsoft Pay.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download Microsoft Pay.: I'm trying to support Microsoft Pay with a product of mine but I can't seem to figure out how to download and use Microsoft Pay. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-microsoft-pay/f89180b9-39a5-4c01-9d69-da6cf6663063
  9. how do i know microsoft defender is on

how do i know microsoft defender is on: how do i know when defender is active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-know-microsoft-defender-is-on/6657adca-a580-4d03-b6a4-25ca264690fb
  10. how do I download windows defender?

how do I download windows defender?: how do i download windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-download-windows-defender/01ed529d-3387-4014-b4fc-321cd465da67