Windows 10: How do I download the directx 9c runtime?

Discus and support How do I download the directx 9c runtime? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I visit this website and click the download button, it brings up a dialog box that attempts to nudge me into installing MSN as the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zim Chan, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Zim Chan Win User

How do I download the directx 9c runtime?

When I visit this website and click the download button, it brings up a dialog box that attempts to nudge me into installing MSN as the default homepage and bing as the search engine.

I cannot download directx 9c. When I click "No thanks and continue" nothing happens.

Please advise on what needs to be done.

I have tried using Edge 44.17761.1.0 in InPrivate mode and also without it.

:)

Zim Chan, Jul 6, 2019
  2. ghost101 Win User

Directx 9c games

Ive been trying to compile a list of games which require or can use 9c features but my list is pretty limited. HDR using a 9b path dont count. So that rules out the hl2 series/stalker etc.

So far i have

Rainbow Six: Vegas
    Colin Mcrae: DiRT
    Splinter Cell: Double Agent
    Spiderman 3
    MOH: Airborne
    Kane and Lynch Dead men
    Gears of War
    Company of Heroes
    Call of Juarez
    Flight Simulator X
    Farcry
    Hellgate London
    Crysis
    Oblivion
    CoH

Also, games with directx 10 capability, we will assume require 9c since theres no way to tell.

Thanks for any help.

ghost101, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Melchizedek Qui, Jul 6, 2019
  4. CountMike Win User

CountMike, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I download the directx 9c runtime? - Similar Threads - download directx runtime

2. DirectX Runtime Download keeps failing.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DirectX Runtime Download keeps failing.: Hello, I discovered this issue when I would try and download certain games through Xbox Game Pass Halo: Master Chief Collection, Payday 3, etc. Whenever I would download the game, it only said "Queued" with nothing else downloading in the Xbox app. This prompted me to check...
  3. DirectX Runtime Download keeps failing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Runtime Download keeps failing.: Hello, I discovered this issue when I would try and download certain games through Xbox Game Pass Halo: Master Chief Collection, Payday 3, etc. Whenever I would download the game, it only said "Queued" with nothing else downloading in the Xbox app. This prompted me to check...
  4. DirectX Runtime Download keeps failing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DirectX 9c on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9c on Windows 11: Hi,I've been trying to play some older games Sims 2 ultimate edition on my Windows 11 laptop, but I keep getting the error message, that it failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters. I tried downloading and installing DirectX End User Runtime as suggested...
  6. DirectX 9c on Windows 11

DirectX 9c on Windows 11: Hi,I've been trying to play some older games Sims 2 ultimate edition on my Windows 11 laptop, but I keep getting the error message, that it failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters. I tried downloading and installing DirectX End User Runtime as suggested...
  7. How do I install directx 9c for windows 11?

How do I install directx 9c for windows 11?: I have an old app that needs to have directx 9c support. I went to the Micorsoft download site and downloaded the run time file they recommended, but that file contains a bunch of .tmp and .tmp.node files with no identifying information, so I have no idea which of them...
  8. How do I install directx 9c for windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install directx 9c for windows 11?: I have an old app that needs to have directx 9c support. I went to the Micorsoft download site and downloaded the run time file they recommended, but that file contains a bunch of .tmp and .tmp.node files with no identifying information, so I have no idea which of them...
  9. DirectX runtime

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX runtime: I'm trying to play Driver: San Francisco on my computer and when I try to go to the page that I download it with its not there. Is this something with the website or did Microsoft pull the plug on it?...
  10. Not installing directx runtimes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not installing directx runtimes: Been trying to install directx runtimes since i'm missing game sounds. First I got message that A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file is valid. Followed instructions to go...