Windows 10: How do I download Windows 10 on to USB flash drive?

Discus and support How do I download Windows 10 on to USB flash drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I download Windows 10 on to USB flash drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BradNichols1, Apr 9, 2021.

1. How do I download Windows 10 on to USB flash drive?

How do I download Windows 10 on to USB flash drive?

:)

BradNichols1, Apr 9, 2021
  2. regism Win User

How to create Windows 10 system image on a usb flash drive

Thanks Maria:

I made a system image on a USB flash drive using the tools available in Windows 10. I want to make this image bootable so that I can reinstall it on my computer from the same USB flash drive. Can I do this using the method you have suggested?

If not, can you or anyone else tell me how to do this?

Thanks again,

Regis

regism, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 9, 2021
  4. How do I download Windows 10 on to USB flash drive?

Windows 10 download to USB flash drive incredibly slow

Hi DeeBee777DB,

Network congestion or an issue with the server could be the reason why you are experiencing a slow download speed. Kindly try the suggestions below to get a more stable and better download speed.

• Try using a different USB Flash Drive.
    • If you have a 3rd party anti-virus software, temporarily turn it off.
    • If you are connected via WiFi, try using a LAN cable instead.

If the issue persists, I recommend downloading the Windows 10 ISO file directly using your web browser. Please refer to this
    article created by
    Andre Da Costa to know how. This article discusses multiple ways you can download and create a bootable copy of Windows 10. Once you have the Windows 10 ISO file, follow the steps in the
    Make Windows 10 ISO file bootable on blank DVD or USB thumb drive
    section. Good luck.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back..

Gemzon Mar, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

How do I download Windows 10 on to USB flash drive?

1. How do I download Windows 10 on to USB flash drive? - Similar Threads - download USB flash

2. How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?: Hi. I have a Sandisk Cruzer Glide 256 GB flash drive using USB 3.0 and I've tried all of the methods trying to fix it.Every time I connect it to my laptop it disconnects every 30 seconds or less and it freezes certain things. Here are the methods that I used:1. I used the...
  3. How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?: Hi. I have a Sandisk Cruzer Glide 256 GB flash drive using USB 3.0 and I've tried all of the methods trying to fix it.Every time I connect it to my laptop it disconnects every 30 seconds or less and it freezes certain things. Here are the methods that I used:1. I used the...
  4. Not enough space on 32gb usb flash drive for windows 10 download?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not enough space on 32gb usb flash drive for windows 10 download?: I tried reformatting my hard drive it says its unable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-32gb-usb-flash-drive-for/cbce8a9f-aa8f-4233-ace6-6ab629a19316
  5. how do I open flash drive on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I open flash drive on windows 10?: How do I open flash drive on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-flash-drive-on-windows-10/2980c461-4c94-4bcf-b83e-5ffc51d97a26"
  6. how do i download from flash drive plugin

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i download from flash drive plugin: plugged in flash drive to download photos cannot see how to dowmload https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-from-flash-drive-plugin/ef67996d-b9d6-4d00-95e3-a701233da1e8
  7. Windows 10 USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 USB Flash Drive: What should I do if I accidentally wipe my MCT created USB flash drive containing the installation files with diskpart clean command and I don't have another PC handy to redownload the MCT? Do I need to call a repair shop? 130937
  8. How big of a flash drive do I need to download windows 10?

How big of a flash drive do I need to download windows 10?: How big of a flash drive do I need to download windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-big-of-a-flash-drive-do-i-need-to-download/3c5cddae-ccaf-48df-b45d-11801a826f78
  9. Windows 10 download to USB flash drive incredibly slow

Windows 10 download to USB flash drive incredibly slow: Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Have used this page to use the download tool and chosen option 2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec=True Tried and aborted 3 times because of snails pace...
  10. How to do a Full format on a USB flash drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to do a Full format on a USB flash drive?: How do you Fully Format a USB flash drive correctly if you suspect there might be a problem with the drive? I know there are a few methods to Format a USB flash drive in Windows. In Windows...there's, This PC and Right click on drive/select format and theres also the Disk...