Windows 10: How do I drag an item from Explorer search results into Taskbar?

Discus and support How do I drag an item from Explorer search results into Taskbar? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I drag an item from Explorer search results into Taskbar?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by adwissler, Jan 11, 2021.

1. adwissler Win User

How do I drag an item from Explorer search results into Taskbar?

:)

adwissler, Jan 11, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Taskbar web search results

While it has nothing really to do with the taskbar, it just your web searches to return screen reader friendly results

From the Edge Webpage:

"Search for anything on the web or your device using the search box on the Windows taskbar. If you use a screen reader, follow these steps to make the web search results open in Internet Explorer instead of Microsoft Edge"

DaveM121, Jan 11, 2021
  3. windows explorer search won't show any results

Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck.

Jim Ampulski, Jan 11, 2021
  4. How do I drag an item from Explorer search results into Taskbar?

Search Results

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know where exactly are you searching for the photos.

Are you searching on Windows search bar from desktop or Windows Explorer or Photo app?

If you are searching on Photo app try the below,

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If you are searching on Windows Explorer or Search box try the below,

Step 2: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I drag an item from Explorer search results into Taskbar? - Similar Threads - drag item Explorer

2. How do I open the folder location of a shortcut from search results in file explorer the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I open the folder location of a shortcut from search results in file explorer the...: How do I open the folder location of a shortcut from search results in file explorer the actual location of the .lnk file, not the target? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-the-folder-location-of-a-shortcut/49720f83-2ef5-4495-a4bf-963c164fdb15
  3. How do I open the folder location of a shortcut from search results in file explorer the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open the folder location of a shortcut from search results in file explorer the...: How do I open the folder location of a shortcut from search results in file explorer the actual location of the .lnk file, not the target? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-the-folder-location-of-a-shortcut/49720f83-2ef5-4495-a4bf-963c164fdb15
  4. How do I open the folder location of a shortcut from search results in file explorer the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dragging items in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dragging items in taskbar: In windows 11, dragging pics , docs to browser or other window is disabled. Is there any particular reason for it. If its a problem from my side , how can i rectify it. Or when will it be back in upcoming software updates???...
  6. Stop taskbar items "sticking together" when I drag one item?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop taskbar items "sticking together" when I drag one item?: For example, I have several Word documents open. It won't let me move 1 of them on the taskbar and change it's position. Instead, Windows clumps them all together. I just want to move the *1 item*, not all 5 of them. I don't see any option to turn this off. I already set...
  7. How do I remove an item from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove an item from the taskbar?: I don't see it in the taskbar settings. That's what came up when I right-clicked on what I don't want. There's too much junk at the bottom of my screen and the latest update added more....
  8. How can I print search results from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I print search results from File Explorer: Is it possible to print the search results for all files found during a search? As shown in the attached image, a search for *.AXP turned up 222 files. I would like to save this to a file like word or ideally Excel but I can't figure out how to copy/paste or some other way to...
  9. Documents in Taskbar Search results open in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents in Taskbar Search results open in Explorer: Hello again I'm having a weird problem. Suddenly, whenever I search for a document of any kind (xls, docx, pdf, doesn't matter), using the Taskbar Search, the document will open in File Explorer when i click it, rather than the program that's supposed to open it. For...
  10. Dragging and Dropping from the search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Dragging and Dropping from the search results: For example, I searched for fw18 here. I try to drag the file fw18.doc from the search results onto say my desktop, but it's not possible. It was always possible in Windows 7 but why not windows 10? Now I have to right click, open file location, then drag and drop to where I...