Windows 10: how do I dump over a million files downloaded by Defender update 05/2021? Apparently MS...

Discus and support how do I dump over a million files downloaded by Defender update 05/2021? Apparently MS... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My last Defender full scan took 4 hours, scanned 1,351,440 files and found nothing wrong. No wonder it's so slow and freezes up every day. Recently I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by clawed balls, May 15, 2022.

1. how do I dump over a million files downloaded by Defender update 05/2021? Apparently MS...

My last Defender full scan took 4 hours, scanned 1,351,440 files and found nothing wrong. No wonder it's so slow and freezes up every day. Recently I found out that MS Defender put out a buggy update in May, 2021 that downloaded millions of tiny files. That's about when my problems started. Since then I have not heard from MS or found a fix online that will dump all this ****. I'm fed up with this PC and MS for trying to cover lit up. This experience has convinced me that I need a Chromebook or a Mac.

:)

clawed balls, May 15, 2022
  2. f14tomcat Win User

UUP Dump downloader new beta

Thanks, AP. *Warning .exe flavor gets tossed in the dumpster by Defender cause it's not signed. Get the 7z, and extract.

f14tomcat, May 15, 2022
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    UUP Dump downloader new beta

Thanks!

Heads up! Defender nailed the .exe download of this. .7z appears clean.

how do I dump over a million files downloaded by Defender update 05/2021? Apparently MS... [​IMG]

f14tomcat, May 15, 2022
  4. how do I dump over a million files downloaded by Defender update 05/2021? Apparently MS...

All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to recover the deleted files in Windows Defender and check if it helps.

• In the search box type as ‘Windows Defender’ and click on it.
    • Under the tab ‘History’ select the option ‘Quarantined items’.
    • Click on ‘View Details’ and check if any files are available.
    • If the files are present then click on the file and click on ‘Restore’.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 15, 2022
Thema:

how do I dump over a million files downloaded by Defender update 05/2021? Apparently MS...

1. how do I dump over a million files downloaded by Defender update 05/2021? Apparently MS... - Similar Threads - dump million files

2. MS Defender reports a threat file path that is not a file path. How do I access it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Defender reports a threat file path that is not a file path. How do I access it?: On my Windows 10 laptop, I am using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore program. The backup is failing due to a threat detection. I assume that the backup is calling my Windows Defender program for threat detection, because the only A/V program I have is Defender. When I try to...
  3. MS Defender reports a threat file path that is not a file path. How do I access it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Defender reports a threat file path that is not a file path. How do I access it?: On my Windows 10 laptop, I am using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore program. The backup is failing due to a threat detection. I assume that the backup is calling my Windows Defender program for threat detection, because the only A/V program I have is Defender. When I try to...
  4. MS Defender reports a threat file path that is not a file path. How do I access it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I download Microsoft Defender?

How do I download Microsoft Defender?: I got this odd notification that I didn't read but it definitely wasn't safe and I went to my settings and it says "Actions recommended".I clicked open windows security and it asked me to download windows security and I tried to download it but it gave me Code: 0x80070005.I...
  6. How Do I Contact MS Support for Windows DEFENDER?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Contact MS Support for Windows DEFENDER?: How do I contact MS for support for a problem with Windows Defender in Windows 10? I have tried an online chat, but after waiting A LONG TIME I was in the queue for Office Accounts and Billing twice. I would prefer an e-mail address to which I could send details of my problem...
  7. How Do I Contact MS Support for Windows DEFENDER?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Contact MS Support for Windows DEFENDER?: How do I contact MS for support for a problem with Windows Defender in Windows 10? I have tried an online chat, but after waiting A LONG TIME I was in the queue for Office Accounts and Billing twice. I would prefer an e-mail address to which I could send details of my problem...
  8. How Do I Contact MS Support for Windows DEFENDER?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. how do I download windows defender?

how do I download windows defender?: how do i download windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-download-windows-defender/01ed529d-3387-4014-b4fc-321cd465da67
  10. How do I read or understand dump file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I read or understand dump file?: Windows 10 created a new crashdump file called ShellExperienceHost.exe.3708 in my AppData/local/Crashdumps folder, does anyone know how to read one of these dump files or what this one means to me??? Thanks. 22175