Windows 10: How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats

Discus and support How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First I made the file to be like what I want to start it out with; I saved the file and closed it out so that my computer wouldn't overheat, and then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shadow Marionnette, Nov 26, 2022.

1. How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats

First I made the file to be like what I want to start it out with; I saved the file and closed it out so that my computer wouldn't overheat, and then I tried to edit it as it's original format PNG and it gave me the error message below. I changed it to a JPEG and it gave me the same message.

:)

Shadow Marionnette, Nov 26, 2022

2. Cannot edit images when saved in Fresh paint

Hi Kamila,

As per the information, I understand that when you save an image drawn in Fresh Paint, you are unable to edit the image once saved.

If the above is true, I suggest that you follow the steps below to save the image in a manner that will allow you to edit it.

• To save your painting right click on fresh paint and click on
      Save as
      . You will get an option to select the location.
    • Select the location and save the painting.
    • When you reopen fresh paint you will be on the painting you used before closing fresh paint. If you do not get the painting, you may click on image and go to the location and select the image to edit.

For added information on Fresh Paint refer to the FAQ below

Redirecting

Note: Also applies to 10

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 26, 2022
  3. editing text with paint in windows 10

Hi Neil,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the question below.

• In what way you are trying to edit the photo?
    • Are you trying to remove the text which is in the photo?
    Paint doesn't have the option to edit the names which is already there in the photo, only you can remove/cut which also removes the part of the photo.

Only option you have in Paint is to enter the text on the Photo.

Hope this information helps. If any further issues post us to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats

editing photo using Microsoft Paint Photo Editor

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Paint?

• Have you tried saving the photos after editing?
    As a work around I suggest you to use Photo app for editing and check if the issue persist.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats

1. How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats - Similar Threads - Edit File Through

2. How do I access files purchased through Mincraft Windows 10 edition store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access files purchased through Mincraft Windows 10 edition store?: I have purchased a resource pack for Mincraft Windows 10 edition in the store located in the UI of Minecraft windows 10 edition. The resource pack is called True Realism HD. I have recently switched to playing on Java edition instead, and I cannot find this texture pack in my...
  3. How do I access files purchased through Mincraft Windows 10 edition store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I access files purchased through Mincraft Windows 10 edition store?: I have purchased a resource pack for Mincraft Windows 10 edition in the store located in the UI of Minecraft windows 10 edition. The resource pack is called True Realism HD. I have recently switched to playing on Java edition instead, and I cannot find this texture pack in my...
  4. How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats: First I made the file to be like what I want to start it out with; I saved the file and closed it out so that my computer wouldn't overheat, and then I tried to edit it as it's original format PNG and it gave me the error message below. I changed it to a JPEG and it gave me...
  5. How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Edit A File Through Paint When I Already Tried to edit it with 2 major formats: First I made the file to be like what I want to start it out with; I saved the file and closed it out so that my computer wouldn't overheat, and then I tried to edit it as it's original format PNG and it gave me the error message below. I changed it to a JPEG and it gave me...
  6. How do I share editable projects to other computers in Paint 3d

How do I share editable projects to other computers in Paint 3d: I have some projects on Paint 3d that I want to move to my other computer and still be able to edit. Since Remix 3d was shut down I don't know how to share. My projects have a lot of 3d objects that I still want to move around and edit with. I don't want to share my projects...
  7. How do I edit the registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I edit the registry: How do I edit the registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/c5a2a9db-cb0e-4447-aa9a-72474fe78cde
  8. Editing Text in PAINT

Editing Text in PAINT: I titled a photo with typed text with the PAINT program. I saved the created file. Now, how can I remove the text from the photo and restore the original background? Thank you. Alex B....
  9. Edit Paint

Edit Paint: Im trying to edit a picture on paint. How can i crop only the face. I dont like the snipping tool. I like to crop just the face but not in a box. I dont have photoshop so i like to use paint....
  10. How do i edit my music files

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i edit my music files: How do I edit the Media information (Contributing artist, track member, genre etc.) on a music file/track. This option was available at the bottom of the page in Windows 7. 51271