Windows 10: How do I edit an Existing Document

Discus and support How do I edit an Existing Document in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please reply as to how I can edit an existing document?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdBellinger, Jul 5, 2019.

1. How do I edit an Existing Document

Please reply as to how I can edit an existing document?

:)

EdBellinger, Jul 5, 2019

2. Edit the Steps recorder document

How can I edit the Steps recorded by the Steps recorder application? Once I finish recording the necessary steps, there are few steps I'd like to delete and few comments that I'd like to edit.

So if I open the saved file in word document and edit it there I need it to,

• automatically update the number of the proceeding steps when I delete one in between.
    • Retain the size of the images and overall page size in the MHTML document. (I've noticed that if I make a single change, the size of image increase more than the screen size and the MHTML document isn't responsive.)

Anwesh Gangula, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jul 5, 2019
  4. How do I edit an Existing Document

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

How do I edit an Existing Document

1. How do I edit an Existing Document - Similar Threads - edit Existing Document

2. editing document

in Windows 10 Customization
    editing document: I cannot understand why in some pages text is 2 lines shorter than in others, all pages having same margins and size. Can someone help? THANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-document/87296efc-9887-47d6-aea7-16a8316279dd
  3. How do I scan a document?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I scan a document?: How do I scan a document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-a-document/39d34315-db3e-445f-8a20-c98ba0e8a70a
  4. How do I edit the registry

How do I edit the registry: How do I edit the registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/c5a2a9db-cb0e-4447-aa9a-72474fe78cde
  5. LibreOffice Writer document is locked/read only. How can I edit this document?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LibreOffice Writer document is locked/read only. How can I edit this document?: I am using this program for the first time. I created a document two days ago and now trying to access to complete and the document is locked and the only access is Read Only. How can I access to complete my work? Thank you. * Moved from Education * Original title:...
  6. How do I connect to an existing homegroup?

How do I connect to an existing homegroup?: Moved from Windows 7 to a new Windows 10 laptop, but can't work out how to connect to our homegroup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-to-an-existing-homegroup/95abee85-b3be-46d8-8fe6-591e378edb64
  7. how do i print documents?

how do i print documents?: how do I print documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-print-documents/0cf3c42c-9747-4bcc-ad0b-eefc0ea2d5ef"
  8. How do I scan a document?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I scan a document?: HP Officejet J4680 gives me an exclamation mark when I try to scan a document. How do I scan the document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-scan-a-document/820cca90-caeb-4942-9086-e2da7980cdf5
  9. HOW can I edit the scanned document

HOW can I edit the scanned document: using Windows 10 when scanning a document to computer HOW can I edit that document is there certain settings prior to scan? after scanned? HELP...
  10. How to edit a read only document.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to edit a read only document.: I am at my wits end with this problem and would be very grateful for a solution. I have a document, in Dropbox though now copied to the Documents folder, which I wrote myself some years ago. I use Apache Open Office but the document is saved as an MS Word. I have edited...