Windows 10: How do i edit my music files

Discus and support How do i edit my music files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I edit the Media information (Contributing artist, track member, genre etc.) on a music file/track. This option was available at the bottom of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eric Bester, May 23, 2016.

1. How do i edit my music files

How do I edit the Media information (Contributing artist, track member, genre etc.) on a music file/track. This option was available at the bottom of the page in Windows 7.

:)

Eric Bester, May 23, 2016

2. How do I edit my document ?

I cant edit my document. How do I turn on the settings to highlight, edit, bold, all of my settings don't work.

*Moved thread to appropriate category by moderator.

LindaWilcher, May 23, 2016
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    How do I edit my document ?

Hello,

There are plenty of different ways on how to edit a document. To start off, can you tell us what type of document are you trying to edit? Also, which app or program are you using? Please advise so we can further assess your query.

All the best.

Mark Isi, May 23, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

How do i edit my music files

What do you mean that this option was available at the bottom of the page in Windows 7? The bottom of what page? What software did you use then? What software do you use now? I have never heard of anything at the bottom of any page.

I do not know what software I have installed but for me and my system the option is there now just as it always has been.

Rocky, May 23, 2016
  5. First, you have to be in the music folder, not the music library.

Second, on the view ribbon, select Details pane (upper left near navigation pane)

You can modify some attributes in the detail pane.

You can also right click the object, select properties - make changes there

A good meta tag editor is MP3tag

Slartybart, May 23, 2016
  6. Rocky Win User
    What happens when you right click on a file?

How do i edit my music files [​IMG]

Rocky, May 23, 2016
  7. mrgeek Win User
    R-click song like in post 4/click Properties to bring up window in screen shot. Hit Details tab to bring up edit fields and click Apply when done.

How do i edit my music files [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do i edit my music files

1. How do i edit my music files - Similar Threads - edit music files

2. How do I play the music file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I play the music file?: I thought I had a file that would play. But Windows Media Player doesn't recognize the file type. The only option I can see is to compress the file but the compressed file won't do anything,...
  3. How do I play the music file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I play the music file?: I thought I had a file that would play. But Windows Media Player doesn't recognize the file type. The only option I can see is to compress the file but the compressed file won't do anything,...
  4. how do i retrieve my music ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i retrieve my music ?: how do i retrieve my music https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-retrieve-my-music/58b7d1aa-8dd3-43bd-bb1b-a9c135a118fd
  5. how do i retrieve my music ?

how do i retrieve my music ?: how do i retrieve my music https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-retrieve-my-music/7a2c4778-fa9e-4560-ad3e-b2e466eaa731
  6. how do i retrieve my music ?

how do i retrieve my music ?: how do i retrieve my music https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-retrieve-my-music/58b7d1aa-8dd3-43bd-bb1b-a9c135a118fd
  7. how do i retrieve my music ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do i retrieve my music ?: how do i retrieve my music https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-retrieve-my-music/7a2c4778-fa9e-4560-ad3e-b2e466eaa731
  8. how do i retrieve my music ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. How do I convert my WMA music files to MP3 files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I convert my WMA music files to MP3 files?: I had previously downloaded music files and were also added to an older MP3 player. However, when I tried loading the same music folder to a newer MP3 player, error indicated that file format not supported....
  10. How-to Edit Contributing Artists on Music Files ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How-to Edit Contributing Artists on Music Files ?: A lot User Recommend MP3Tag But I Cant Find Any Field About Contributing Artists ? 48250