Windows 10: How do I edit my profile?

Discus and support How do I edit my profile? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can find my profile - but don't know how to edit it. Thank You. 166011 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

How do I edit my profile?

I can find my profile - but don't know how to edit it. Thank You.

:)

Nisko, Oct 9, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Oct 9, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How do I edit my profile? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I edit my profile? - Similar Threads - edit profile

2. Code for free edition of Minecraft Bedrock not showing up in profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code for free edition of Minecraft Bedrock not showing up in profile: I purchased Minecraft Java in 2015 with a giftcard and recently found out that I should have a free edition of MC bedrock redeemable. But when I log on to the website, There was no code to be found, all sources and videos show that it should be there, and I have no idea why...
  3. Create a New Admin Profile, Windows 10 Home Edition

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create a New Admin Profile, Windows 10 Home Edition: To create a new Admin profile, I followed MS instructions and ended up with "Profile service failed" with no option to revert to old profile. Can I get a correct procedure to create a new admin and delete the old corrupted profile? No easy F8 to enter Safe mode. F2 boot...
  4. Batch or Reg edit to toggle Background profiles?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Batch or Reg edit to toggle Background profiles?: Is there some for sort of reg edit trick or batch file (The later being more like. I know they are very different) to set two background/wallpaper "profiles"? By default, I have my wallpaper set to a folder based slideshow. But if I host a conference meeting with a client, I...
  5. Can't edit file permissions even though my profile is an administrator and the only profile...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't edit file permissions even though my profile is an administrator and the only profile...: I've been having lots of problems with Windows Update in the past month or so. I haven't been able to update my system. Eventually I found this thread, and component corruption seems like a fairly plausible cause for the errors I keep getting (0x8e5e03fa). Problem is, the...
  6. Editing the Registry in Windows 10 for User profile service failed the logon, user profile...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Editing the Registry in Windows 10 for User profile service failed the logon, user profile...: I was following the instructions from Microsoft on how to edit the registry for the user profile service failed logon and have an issue. there are three folders in the ProfileList and two that end in .bak. Which one should I change? Should I delete one? I have been trying...
  7. Edit Information is missing on some users - edit profile image

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Edit Information is missing on some users - edit profile image: Hi, I've used this guide to edit end users profile pictures. https://support.office.com/en-us/art...c-bdcd548435b7 In some users I see the option of "Edit Information" and in some users this option is missing. There is a setting that is used to allow me as an administrator to...
  8. What is the best way to remove a local profile from a Windows 10 PC without editing the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the best way to remove a local profile from a Windows 10 PC without editing the...: I have Admin privileges and would like to reduce the number of local profiles for a shared PC at a front desk, but so far the only solution I've found refers to deleting entries in the corresponding Windows Registry. Some have suggested Computer Management. In Windows 7, it...
  9. Age of Empires Definitive Edition says: Please sign in with your Xbox profile to continue,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires Definitive Edition says: Please sign in with your Xbox profile to continue,...: I'm logged in with my Xbox and WindowLive profile, but this is the only option. Can I edit the profile or what do I do to fix this?...
  10. Change Name of User Profile Folder Tutorial-- Edited Name Won't Save.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Name of User Profile Folder Tutorial-- Edited Name Won't Save.: I created a second temporary admin user name, logged in and found the correct file in the registry editor. However, every time I try to edit the user name, according to Step 8 of the tutorial here, Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials...