Windows 10: How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane?

Discus and support How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 File Explorer supports showing the People tag when a JPG is tagged with a name in the properties on the details pane... [ATTACH] It also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ClearTheSkies, Oct 20, 2020.

1. How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane?

Windows 10 File Explorer supports showing the People tag when a JPG is tagged with a name in the properties on the details pane...

How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane? 08831a84-3a32-48cf-9fb0-4574bdf52d1a?upload=true.jpg

It also supports "Group by" for folders and it does group files by the tag...

How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane? 189dc1ff-8a61-4daf-a77f-df06951ab1e8?upload=true.jpg

The Details pane doesn't show the People tag unless the photo is tagged so...

Q1 - How do I force the Details pain to show the tag for images jpg that are not tagged?

When it does show the People tag it is locked so...

Q2 - How do I edit the People tag in the Details pain?

Thank you.

:)

ClearTheSkies, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

I could use some help adding the description field for .jpg images to the details preview. I have followed your instructions step by step several times, but it doesn't work.
    Does it matter that whether the file extension is .jpg .JPG or .jpeg ?

Any help is appreciated!
    I'm trying to display and edit the IPTC and/or EXIF description data field of an image, in order to benefit from its SEO value online.
    Here is how it looks on my PC:

How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane? [​IMG]

HagenPflueger, Oct 20, 2020
  4. How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane?

Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane?

1. How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane? - Similar Threads - edit tag images

2. Editing Metadata in Details Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing Metadata in Details Pane: Hi,I installed a new Windows update and lost the ability to edit metadata in the Details Pane. It used to look like this: Now it looks like this:As you can see, it's a loss of functionality. I can't edit the metadata from the folder view anymore. It wants me to click the...
  3. Editing Metadata in Details Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing Metadata in Details Pane: Hi,I installed a new Windows update and lost the ability to edit metadata in the Details Pane. It used to look like this: Now it looks like this:As you can see, it's a loss of functionality. I can't edit the metadata from the folder view anymore. It wants me to click the...
  4. How do I tag people in photos that have been scanned in?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I tag people in photos that have been scanned in?: Recently my family scanned thousands of family photos, and I want to avoid tagging people manually. I plan to sort the pictures in chronological folders, but would like to be able to search for photos by people ex: my grandma, or great grandma. I saw a previous...
  5. How do I tag people in photos that have been scanned in?

How do I tag people in photos that have been scanned in?: Recently my family scanned thousands of family photos, and I want to avoid tagging people manually. I plan to sort the pictures in chronological folders, but would like to be able to search for photos by people ex: my grandma, or great grandma. I saw a previous...
  6. Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer: I googled:Edit preview tag images for mp4 files in Win10I've discovered I can store zillions of movies on a few 512 flash drives to watch from anywhere and want to add preview images to quickly find the movie I want.Double click to enlarge. There are no tags shown for each...
  7. Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer: I googled:Edit preview tag images for mp4 files in Win10I've discovered I can store zillions of movies on a few 512 flash drives to watch from anywhere and want to add preview images to quickly find the movie I want.Double click to enlarge. There are no tags shown for each...
  8. Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

9. How to change size of Details Pane image preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change size of Details Pane image preview: Good day, I would like to know how to change the size of my Details pane imagine preview which will make viewing previews of visual files far easier than actually opening the file. I would like to implement this throughout our office so that everyone can browse our library...
  10. Details Pane in File Explorer does not include stars or tags

Details Pane in File Explorer does not include stars or tags: I want to add tags to my files, especially picture files and Photoshop PSD files. My details pane does not show hardly ANY of the information that I see on help guides for how to add tags! How can I make the details pane show tags so that I can tag my f***ing pictures?...