Windows 10: How do I edit the registry

Discus and support How do I edit the registry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I edit the registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/c5a2a9db-cb0e-4447-aa9a-72474fe78cde Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Footman1358, Apr 9, 2020.

1. How do I edit the registry

How do I edit the registry

:)

Footman1358, Apr 9, 2020

2. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Trying to disable the Insert key with a Registry edit

Hi Bill,

We appreciate the information that you provided. For us to narrow down your concern with
    disabling the Insert key with a Registry edit, have you tried creating a backup before editing the registry? If yes, we suggest that you restore it back; then, try it again with the correct entry. To do this, see this
    link, and follow the steps/instructions.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 9, 2020
  4. How do I edit the registry

registry edit no longer controls adaptive contrast

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Did you back up the registry before making any changes to the Registry Editor because serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly?

Try the below methods and see if this helps.

Method 1: Disable Display Power Saving Technology.

Right-click on an empty space on the desktop > Graphics Properties >
    Power > Power Feature > Click on the drop-down list and change to
    On Battery and uncheck the box beside to
    Display Power Saving Technology
    and see if this helps.

Note: Restart your computer once for the changes to take effect and check for the issue.

Method 2: Registry Edit.

We know that you have changed the registry value, but try the below steps and change the value of FeatureTestControl to 9250 and leave it in base hexadecimal.

NOTE: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, please refer this link:

How to Back Up the Registry

Step 1: Press the Windows key and the
    R
    key from your keyboard and type Regedit and hit
    Enter

Step 2: Navigate to the following key.

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ ControlSet001 \ Control \ Class \ {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} \ 0001

Step 3: Then, look for FeatureTestControl key >
    Right-click on the key > Then, change the data to 9250 without changing anything else and exit the registry.

Note: Restart the computer once for the changes to take effect.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

How do I edit the registry

1. How do I edit the registry - Similar Threads - edit registry

2. Turn off or get rid of Home in Win 11 w/out editing registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off or get rid of Home in Win 11 w/out editing registry: How do I make Win 11 file explo's horrible "home" thing go away without hacking its registry or installing some other program? There's got to be a simple way to get rid of that thing. I'm constantly discovering after the fact that Windows decided to save my files in it....
  3. Turn off or get rid of Home in Win 11 w/out editing registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off or get rid of Home in Win 11 w/out editing registry: How do I make Win 11 file explo's horrible "home" thing go away without hacking its registry or installing some other program? There's got to be a simple way to get rid of that thing. I'm constantly discovering after the fact that Windows decided to save my files in it....
  4. i messed up editing the registry and the Windows security thing is just blank now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i messed up editing the registry and the Windows security thing is just blank now: I'm kind of stupid, and i dont know what to do here. i first tried this Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection, "Your IT Administrator has - Microsoft Community because that was the original message i got when trying to open it, but i forgot to run the registry editor as...
  5. i messed up editing the registry and the Windows security thing is just blank now

i messed up editing the registry and the Windows security thing is just blank now: I'm kind of stupid, and i dont know what to do here. i first tried this Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection, "Your IT Administrator has - Microsoft Community because that was the original message i got when trying to open it, but i forgot to run the registry editor as...
  6. Disabling Shortcut Checkboxes - Registry Edit Useless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Shortcut Checkboxes - Registry Edit Useless: As the title suggests, I am unable to disable checkboxes on desktop shortcuts. I have tried all three methods listed1. File Explorer > View > Show > Item Check Boxes2. File Explorer > ... > Options > View > Use checkboxes to select items3. Registry Editing set value to 0I...
  7. Disabling Shortcut Checkboxes - Registry Edit Useless

Disabling Shortcut Checkboxes - Registry Edit Useless: As the title suggests, I am unable to disable checkboxes on desktop shortcuts. I have tried all three methods listed1. File Explorer > View > Show > Item Check Boxes2. File Explorer > ... > Options > View > Use checkboxes to select items3. Registry Editing set value to 0I...
  8. Expanding DiskCleanup to purge C:\windows\systemtemp on startup via Registry Edit?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expanding DiskCleanup to purge C:\windows\systemtemp on startup via Registry Edit?: I need to delete files in C:\windows\systemtemp on startup. A blog indicated that I may be able to modify DiskCleanup by adding that path using these steps:Just in case someone wants it. Add an extra folder to this registry path:@...
  9. Expanding DiskCleanup to purge C:\windows\systemtemp on startup via Registry Edit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expanding DiskCleanup to purge C:\windows\systemtemp on startup via Registry Edit?: I need to delete files in C:\windows\systemtemp on startup. A blog indicated that I may be able to modify DiskCleanup by adding that path using these steps:Just in case someone wants it. Add an extra folder to this registry path:@...
  10. Expanding DiskCleanup to purge C:\windows\systemtemp on startup via Registry Edit?