How do I elevate all program to run as administrator without error?

Discus and support How do I elevate all program to run as administrator without error? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; In Windows 8.1 i can easily elevate all program to run as administrator via Local Policy. in Windows 10. when i use that method most of metro apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anticeon, Aug 1, 2015.

1. anticeon Win User

In Windows 8.1 i can easily elevate all program to run as administrator via Local Policy.
    in Windows 10. when i use that method most of metro apps even setting and control panel screw up because they using metro GUI instead windows GUI.

:)

anticeon, Aug 1, 2015
  2. B-Hörnchen und A-Hörnchen Win User

Windows 10 issue "Subst" command doesn't work

So, you log in as the user "Administrator", correct?

You did not switch off UAC, correct?

If you answered both with "yes", the Administrator user does *not* run with administrative privileges. Only, if it needs administrative privileges it will prompt you for them and you click "yes". That's all.

You cannot "log in as an elevated user". You can elavate later for specific tasks if there is need. This is almost seamless.

If you login as a user *with* administrative privileges you do not have these privileges with normal actions! Because you don't need them! The system prompts you if you need them.

If you login as a user *without* administrative privileges the system prompts you if it needs administrative privileges. In this case you have a little more to do than say "yes". You have to click the administrative account that you want to use and enter
    the password. You do not switch users! Only this task will be carried out with the privilege of that other user.

The normal way is to create a user account of your own, say "leonard". This user account gets created during installation and will have administrative privileges. There's no reason not to use it. In case you need admin privileges it will ask you.

If you do it that way then the Administrator account is locked and not usable. Only if you go to safe_mode (or there is no other user with admin privileges or you unlock it) you will have access to that Administrator account, which is not password-protected.
    So, this Administrator account is mainly a safe-guard for you, in case, something's wrong with your normal account.

which I took to mean that if you run subst in the non-elevated command window, only users without
    administrator privileges can see it.

This is correct, depending on the way you read it. It's not dependant on the basic user privileges, it's dependant on the privilege that the user has at that moment. A user with admin
    privileges does normally *not* run elevated. Only if you do "run as administrator" you go to elevated state and only for that process/task, not for the "whole" logged-in user. So, if you are logged in as the Administrator user and run the subst command in
    a normal command window then you have it in File Explorer and you should have it for most other operations. It won't be available for a process that runs elevated, e.g. installer for a program or in incompatible program that runs elevated all the time. For
    this case you would have to run subst in an elevated command window additionally and you should be able to access that virtual drive no matter if that process is elevated or not. (There may be problems with the files created in elevated mode, once you run
    a non-elevated process against it, depends on the permissions/integrity level set during creation.)

B-Hörnchen und A-Hörnchen, Aug 1, 2015
  3. LeonardCharlap Win User
    Windows 10 issue "Subst" command doesn't work

Yeah, I ran 7 & 8 on some of my machines. You wrote " "run with administrator" creates a drive that is accessible *only* with administrator privileges and if you do it without administrator
    privileges it's only visible to your non-elevated user" which I took to mean that if you run subst in the non-elevated command window, only users without
    administrator privileges can see it.

My understanding is that if you do not log in as an elevated user, you cannot do anything that requires administrator privileges. I should have said "log in as Administrator," not "run
    as administrator.".

Perhaps I did misunderstand. What did you mean?

LeonardCharlap, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

How do I elevate all program to run as administrator without error? - Similar Threads - elevate program run

1. Run vs. Command Prompt vs Elevated command prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Run vs. Command Prompt vs Elevated command prompt?: Is there a rule of thumb to know which of the referenced you would use when entering a particular command or file name? Mark 112722
  2. Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt: Hello I just installed WIN 10 on an old laptop (if one can call a lenovo W700 a laptop), used a win7 product key and the authentication was accepted had to create a microsoft account, refuse to give them all kind of info... arghhh I am now trying to put in the LENOVO...
  3. Win 10 Product Key via Elevated CMD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Product Key via Elevated CMD: I dug up an information which will retrieve the Win 10 Product Key using Elevated Command Prompt............. wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey I tried it and it did produce a product key on each of my computers. What I do not know is if...
  4. How can I stop a Program (ClipBoard Master) from being ELEVATED?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop a Program (ClipBoard Master) from being ELEVATED?: My wife Installed ClipBoard Master on her system. We have 3 systems all with 64 bit Win 10. The 2 I installed are OK. Hers runs, but the software does not come up at boot time. She needs to click it after bootup. I notice that hers has this as Elevated (TaskManager Details),...
  5. Open an Elevated Shortcut as single program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open an Elevated Shortcut as single program?: Hi, so a while ago I followed this tutorial and it worked great, but something has been bothering me with the way it works and I can't seem to find a solution for it (I'm not really sure how to explain/look it up either). I was really hoping someone could help me with this....
  6. cmd Scripts ask for elevated prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    cmd Scripts ask for elevated prompt: Hello, again *Smile I made a script to run a mmc console for de "Users & Computers of the domain" (DSA.EXE) Code: @Echo Off C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /netonly /user:domain\user "mmc dsa.msc"[/quote] It was working fine until I ran into this issue : Erreur de...
  7. Switch to non-elevated program from elevated prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Switch to non-elevated program from elevated prompt: Hi, I use an administrative mode (elevated) command prompt to maneuver through most of my day. I have a code editor (in this case, Crimson Editor) open at all times, and when I need to edit a file quickly, I simply type cedt <filename> at the command prompt. What is...