Windows 10: How do I elevate all program to run as administrator without error?

Discus and support How do I elevate all program to run as administrator without error? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 8.1 i can easily elevate all program to run as administrator via Local Policy. in Windows 10. when i use that method most of metro apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anticeon, Aug 1, 2015.

1. anticeon Win User

How do I elevate all program to run as administrator without error?

In Windows 8.1 i can easily elevate all program to run as administrator via Local Policy.
    in Windows 10. when i use that method most of metro apps even setting and control panel screw up because they using metro GUI instead windows GUI.

:)

anticeon, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 issue "Subst" command doesn't work

So, you log in as the user "Administrator", correct?

You did not switch off UAC, correct?

If you answered both with "yes", the Administrator user does *not* run with administrative privileges. Only, if it needs administrative privileges it will prompt you for them and you click "yes". That's all.

You cannot "log in as an elevated user". You can elavate later for specific tasks if there is need. This is almost seamless.

If you login as a user *with* administrative privileges you do not have these privileges with normal actions! Because you don't need them! The system prompts you if you need them.

If you login as a user *without* administrative privileges the system prompts you if it needs administrative privileges. In this case you have a little more to do than say "yes". You have to click the administrative account that you want to use and enter
    the password. You do not switch users! Only this task will be carried out with the privilege of that other user.

The normal way is to create a user account of your own, say "leonard". This user account gets created during installation and will have administrative privileges. There's no reason not to use it. In case you need admin privileges it will ask you.

If you do it that way then the Administrator account is locked and not usable. Only if you go to safe_mode (or there is no other user with admin privileges or you unlock it) you will have access to that Administrator account, which is not password-protected.
    So, this Administrator account is mainly a safe-guard for you, in case, something's wrong with your normal account.

which I took to mean that if you run subst in the non-elevated command window, only users without
    administrator privileges can see it.

This is correct, depending on the way you read it. It's not dependant on the basic user privileges, it's dependant on the privilege that the user has at that moment. A user with admin
    privileges does normally *not* run elevated. Only if you do "run as administrator" you go to elevated state and only for that process/task, not for the "whole" logged-in user. So, if you are logged in as the Administrator user and run the subst command in
    a normal command window then you have it in File Explorer and you should have it for most other operations. It won't be available for a process that runs elevated, e.g. installer for a program or in incompatible program that runs elevated all the time. For
    this case you would have to run subst in an elevated command window additionally and you should be able to access that virtual drive no matter if that process is elevated or not. (There may be problems with the files created in elevated mode, once you run
    a non-elevated process against it, depends on the permissions/integrity level set during creation.)

B-Hörnchen und A-Hörnchen, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 issue "Subst" command doesn't work

Yeah, I ran 7 & 8 on some of my machines. You wrote " "run with administrator" creates a drive that is accessible *only* with administrator privileges and if you do it without administrator
    privileges it's only visible to your non-elevated user" which I took to mean that if you run subst in the non-elevated command window, only users without
    administrator privileges can see it.

My understanding is that if you do not log in as an elevated user, you cannot do anything that requires administrator privileges. I should have said "log in as Administrator," not "run
    as administrator.".

Perhaps I did misunderstand. What did you mean?

LeonardCharlap, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

How do I elevate all program to run as administrator without error?

1. How do I elevate all program to run as administrator without error? - Similar Threads - elevate program run

2. How do I stop a Program from running as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop a Program from running as administrator?: How do I stop a Program from running as administrator? And before you say uncheck it, it's greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-a-program-from-running-as/ca4a09a4-22e6-463d-b5da-1590ee75a5d7
  3. How do I stop a Program from running as administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop a Program from running as administrator?: How do I stop a Program from running as administrator? And before you say uncheck it, it's greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-a-program-from-running-as/ca4a09a4-22e6-463d-b5da-1590ee75a5d7
  4. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  5. Window run all program with administrator by default without asking for confirmation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window run all program with administrator by default without asking for confirmation: Hello, recently my pc was infected with some sort of virus name Virus:Win32/Sality.AT, VirTool:INF/Autorun.gen!P, Worm:Win32/Sality.AU I immediately scanned the system several times with a window defender as soon as I noticed and remove virus files I also scanned my pc with...
  6. How Do You Stop Programs From Running Elevated Automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Do You Stop Programs From Running Elevated Automatically: [ATTACH] As you can see from the screenshot, almost all of my tasks in the 'Details' section of Task Manager are running as 'Elevated' which means 'Running as Admin' as far as I know. More outside of this screenshot running Admin by themselves too. Normally this doesn't...
  7. How Do I Run a Program as Administrator All the Time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Run a Program as Administrator All the Time?: I think that I have done a method before. I am not sure. My username in Windows 10 is not Administrator, and there are no shield icons anywhere. And, when I just hit Enter on a highlighted program, it is running in Administrator Mode. For example, when I just hit Enter on a...
  8. Allow program to run without administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow program to run without administrator privileges: I have a program that I want a user in my "users" group to be able to run, but I don't want to put the user in the "Administrators" group. The program currently requires elevation to run. Can I remove this? I have given the "users" group full control of the folder that the...
  9. Starting a program without running it as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Starting a program without running it as administrator: I just installed Photoshop CS6 and whenever I want to open it, it requires administration and I have to click "yes". Is there a way to stop this? The program seems like it's set to always run as administrator since there's a shield icon on it. But the option in the properties...
  10. How do I always run a program as an administrator without a prompt?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I always run a program as an administrator without a prompt?: I have a program that needs to be run as an administrator to work. Whenever I run it I get the prompt: "Do you want this app from an unknown publisher to be able to make changes to your device?" I use this program regularly and I completely trust it. As I run it often it is...