Windows 10: How do I eliminate pesky McAfee pop-up?

Discus and support How do I eliminate pesky McAfee pop-up? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Last week I suddenly started getting pop-ups from McAfee saying I have viruses. I have run a virus check out of Settings and it was clean. But I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GlennWoody, May 30, 2023.

1. How do I eliminate pesky McAfee pop-up?

Last week I suddenly started getting pop-ups from McAfee saying I have viruses. I have run a virus check out of Settings and it was clean. But I can't stop the pop-ups. I have a secondary office with the exact same computer arrangement same Surface 9 laptop connected to identical monitors, keyboard, mouse and printer but on a different Wi-fi address. I got NO pop-ups there over the last four days. When I return to this office, the pop-ups began reappearing. In addition, I am now getting an occasional pop-up from Capitol One.I have searched for McAfee apps on the laptop and find NOTHING ident

:)

GlennWoody, May 30, 2023

2. McAfee pop up ads cannot be eliminated

I continue to get McAfee pop up ads whenever I use the BridgeBase app. I cannot eliminate these ads. Help!

William D'Onofrio, May 30, 2023
  3. McAfee pop up ads cannot be eliminated

Hi, William D'Onofrio

To disable McAfee pop-ups:

Open McAfee

Click the gear icon on the top left

Select general settings and uncheck informational alerts option

If notifications are prompting from browser → Go to browser settings and try resetting the browser.

You may also wish to completely remove McAfee from your PC..

Rick Norton, May 30, 2023
  4. Tonylex Win User

How do I eliminate pesky McAfee pop-up?

McAfee Pop up

Just found this and it worked:

Kevin Bart.

Replied on March 28, 2021Report abuse

Hi Dbrown8 -

I'm Kevin B. Independent advisor and a Windows user like you. I do apologize for the inconvenience that you experiencing right now, let me help you sort things out.

What kind of pop-up do you receive? Is it a notification pop-up or a threat pop-up?

Having multiple security software can slow down your computers performance.

You may follow the steps below on how to manage the notification pop-ups on your computer.

Press Windows Key + I
    Click on System
    On the left pane menu, click on Notifications & Action
    Scroll down and locate "Get notifications from these senders"
    Locate the McAfee and Norton and toggle their button to off.

Close the settings. You should stop getting notifications from those app after restarting your computer.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

Kevin B.
    Independent advisor

Tonylex, May 30, 2023
Thema:

How do I eliminate pesky McAfee pop-up?

1. How do I eliminate pesky McAfee pop-up? - Similar Threads - eliminate pesky McAfee

2. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  3. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  4. How do I eliminate unwanted antivirus pop up ads from McAfee on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I eliminate unwanted antivirus pop up ads from McAfee on windows 11?: I am getting unwanted pop up ads from McAfee for antivirus protection . I have windows 11 and use windows defender. How do I turn off or delete McAfee...
  5. How do I eliminate unwanted antivirus pop up ads from McAfee on windows 11?

How do I eliminate unwanted antivirus pop up ads from McAfee on windows 11?: I am getting unwanted pop up ads from McAfee for antivirus protection . I have windows 11 and use windows defender. How do I turn off or delete McAfee...
  6. How do I eliminate pesky McAfee pop-up?

How do I eliminate pesky McAfee pop-up?: Last week I suddenly started getting pop-ups from McAfee saying I have viruses. I have run a virus check out of Settings and it was clean. But I can't stop the pop-ups. I have a secondary office with the exact same computer arrangement same Surface 9 laptop connected to...
  7. McAfee Pop up

McAfee Pop up: I do not and never have had Mcafee installed on my PC. I started getting a pop up today See below. Defiantly a virus. I've run Defender and Malwarebytes, neither one finds and removes it. This has been listed earlier but neither of the fixes offered works. Is anyone else...
  8. McAfee pop up ads cannot be eliminated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    McAfee pop up ads cannot be eliminated: I continue to get McAfee pop up ads whenever I use the BridgeBase app. I cannot eliminate these ads. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcafee-pop-up-ads-cannot-be-eliminated/e2cb66bd-8865-48ee-8a3c-fec9deb3781f
  9. McAfee pop up ads cannot be eliminated

McAfee pop up ads cannot be eliminated: I continue to get McAfee pop up ads whenever I use the BridgeBase app. I cannot eliminate these ads. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcafee-pop-up-ads-cannot-be-eliminated/e2cb66bd-8865-48ee-8a3c-fec9deb3781f
  10. Mcafee pop ups- how do I stop these !!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mcafee pop ups- how do I stop these !!!: How do WE stop these pop ups by Mc Afee!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mcafee-pop-ups-how-do-i-stop-these/9154499a-e6b3-4885-a40a-1ff68ef34d7f