Windows 10: How do I Enable 3D Acceleration

Discus and support How do I Enable 3D Acceleration in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have started receiving the message " This application requires 3D Acceleration to run" when attempting to run games from "MyPlayCity". All my graphic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BG18, Dec 28, 2020.

1. BG18 Win User

How do I Enable 3D Acceleration

I have started receiving the message " This application requires 3D Acceleration to run" when attempting to run games from "MyPlayCity". All my graphic settings seem to indicate that it is already running. Can you give me any help with this?

I have a Dell laptop, 64 bit, Windows 10 Home, build 120.2212.441.0

Many Thanks,

:)

2. Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    • Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    • Go to the 3D option.
    • You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

There is no "Graphics" options on the Windows 10 desktop right click menu. Please update your reply with correct instructions.

mjames-upc, Dec 28, 2020
  4. How do I Enable 3D Acceleration

3D accelerator

Hi Janine,

The availability of 3D accelerator depends on the graphics card that your system has. If the graphics card supports it, then that option is available. To verify the graphics card you have, please follow these steps:

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Display adapters category.
    3. Please take note of the graphics card/s you have on the list.

To ensure that your graphics card is up-to-date, I suggest updating its driver. Please check out and follow the steps provided on this link:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Please update this thread on how it goes and kindly include the information regarding the graphics card found in Device Manager.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

How do I Enable 3D Acceleration

1. How do I Enable 3D Acceleration - Similar Threads - Enable Acceleration

2. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-enabled-gpu-accelerated-hardware-scheduling/c1c3c034-d51b-491d-97e5-93efeea775e4
  3. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-enabled-gpu-accelerated-hardware-scheduling/c1c3c034-d51b-491d-97e5-93efeea775e4
  4. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Internet browsers on windows 11 Artifacting when hardware is acceleration enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet browsers on windows 11 Artifacting when hardware is acceleration enabled: About a month ago there was a quality update for windows 11 available for my system and the system wouldn’t stop begging me to update so I installed it and restarted the system worked fine as expected but after going into an Internet browser like Google Chrome or Microsoft...
  6. Internet browsers on windows 11 Artifacting when hardware is acceleration enabled

Internet browsers on windows 11 Artifacting when hardware is acceleration enabled: About a month ago there was a quality update for windows 11 available for my system and the system wouldn’t stop begging me to update so I installed it and restarted the system worked fine as expected but after going into an Internet browser like Google Chrome or Microsoft...
  7. OBS stream crash when Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OBS stream crash when Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled: Stream abruptly stops bitrate is 0 kb/s and OBS crashes Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabledi created ticket with OBS but according to them its a GPU vendor/ Microsoft issue https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/8746 since I'm using a 40xx gpu , and...
  8. OBS stream crash when Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled

OBS stream crash when Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled: Stream abruptly stops bitrate is 0 kb/s and OBS crashes Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabledi created ticket with OBS but according to them its a GPU vendor/ Microsoft issue https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/8746 since I'm using a 40xx gpu , and...
  9. After enabling hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and restarted, no internet browsers will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After enabling hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and restarted, no internet browsers will...: After enabling hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and restarted, no internet browsers will work. They open and load the page for a split second then crash.For chrome it says "Aw, Snap" with the error code "Crashpad_NotConnectedToHandler"For edge it says "This page is having...
  10. After enabling hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and restarted, no internet browsers will...

After enabling hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and restarted, no internet browsers will...: After enabling hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and restarted, no internet browsers will work. They open and load the page for a split second then crash.For chrome it says "Aw, Snap" with the error code "Crashpad_NotConnectedToHandler"For edge it says "This page is having...