Windows 10: How do I enable a USB device in Remote Desktop?

Discus and support How do I enable a USB device in Remote Desktop? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my desktop PC I have a USB CD-ROM drive connected. When I use remote desktop from my laptop to connect to my desktop PC while the USB drive shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AaronBre, Aug 31, 2020.

1. AaronBre Win User

How do I enable a USB device in Remote Desktop?

On my desktop PC I have a USB CD-ROM drive connected.

When I use remote desktop from my laptop to connect to my desktop PC while the USB drive shows up in Explorer in the desktop session it does not function. Windows Media player or other audio apps with run in the desktop session to not recognize the drive.

Of course everything works fine on the desktop PC when used locally. Is there a setting to change on the desktop pc to enable USB devices to be visible when the desktop pc is being used via Remote Desktop?

:)

AaronBre, Aug 31, 2020

2. Redirecting Windows Mobile devices with Remote Desktop 7

I am trying to get my Windows Mobile 6.5 device to be redirected from my desktop PC to my remote desktop (VDI workstation), with both running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have tried natively with the Remote Desktop Client, and with the Fabulatech USB over
    Network and UDB for Remote Desktop with no success. If I bypass Remote Desktop (i.e. I connect to the remote desktop via VNC or the vSphere Infrastructure Client and use UDB over Network to redirect the WM device, all works just fine. In fact, When I look
    at Device Manager on the remote system, I see the "Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter" in the Network Adapters list. If I disable "Advanced networking capabilities" on the WM device, I see "HP USB Sync" under Mobile devices. However, WMDC does not connect
    with WM device.

I can see there are a number of people that are unable to get this to work. Can anyone provide any working steps to redirect a Windows Mobile phone device through Remote Desktop?

ChrisLynch, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 31, 2020
  4. How do I enable a USB device in Remote Desktop?

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

How do I enable a USB device in Remote Desktop?

1. How do I enable a USB device in Remote Desktop? - Similar Threads - enable USB device

2. How to Enable Remote Desktop in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable Remote Desktop in Windows 10?: Have you faced problems with your system and wished someone could take over your computer and solve the problem for you? With remote desktop access in Windows 10, this is now possible. With this remote desktop feature, you can control any system without being physically...
  3. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  4. How do I Remote Desktop to an iPad?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I Remote Desktop to an iPad?: I can ping the device through my local WiFi but not connect to it for some reason through the official Microsoft RD Client app. submitted by /u/sn0wf1ake1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nqi1xt/how_do_i_remote_desktop_to_an_ipad/
  5. enable usb devices on remote desktop connected pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    enable usb devices on remote desktop connected pc: From the comfortable chair and large monitor on the gaming PC in my bedroom, I wish to sequence a bank of synthesizers which are all connected via a number of USB-MIDI adaptors to the ThinkPad in my living room the next room. I can establish a remote desktop connection ok,...
  6. How do I enable DPI scaling for 4K full-screen Remote Desktop?

How do I enable DPI scaling for 4K full-screen Remote Desktop?: I'm on a pair of 4K displays. For a very long time, the RDP to my work machine had DPI scaling enabled so that when I connect full-screen across both screens, everything scales up correctly. Somehow this reverted to a state where RDP no longer scales. I don't know if this was...
  7. how to enable remote desktop in laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enable remote desktop in laptop: Dear sir/madam, am not able to turn on Remote connection in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-remote-desktop-in-laptop/60629855-be58-42ae-b8da-bbe5188e73cf
  8. How to enable Find My Device remotely?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable Find My Device remotely?: Hello evsryone, I’m hoping someome can help with this. My laptop is missing - I believe it was stolen out of my truck. I logged in to my microsoft account here and Find My Device on my desktop is active and working - it shows it here in my house. However, it says that this is...
  9. How do I enable DPI scaling for 4K full-screen Remote Desktop?

How do I enable DPI scaling for 4K full-screen Remote Desktop?: I'm on a pair of 4K displays. For a very long time, the RDP to my work machine had DPI scaling enabled so that when I connect full-screen across both screens, everything scales up correctly. Somehow this reverted to a state where RDP no longer scales. I don't know if this was...
  10. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...