Windows 10: how do I enable diagnostic boot?

Discus and support how do I enable diagnostic boot? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop is spending minutes stuck at the spinning circle thingie during boot, and I'm fairly certain there's some component waiting until timeout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Asdfg98765, Dec 28, 2020.

1. how do I enable diagnostic boot?

Hi, My laptop is spending minutes stuck at the spinning circle thingie during boot, and I'm fairly certain there's some component waiting until timeout that's causing it. But since the only thing I see is the spinning circle thingie it's impossible to troubleshoot.

So how do I see what's going on during boot?

submitted by /u/Asdfg98765
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Asdfg98765, Dec 28, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 28, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Nomisuke Win User

how do I enable diagnostic boot?

Unable to login with Diagnostic Startup enabled

So I thought it would be harmless to start in diagnostic mode in order to troubleshoot a video driver and ran into this exact problem: login screen with no login text boxes or account picture. I tried every method listed here but I was unable to resolve
    my issue. I even went so far as to attempt to enable the legacy boot option (good old F8), but could not seem to get that to work from the recovery console. Finally, I restarted the laptop and let it go to the blank login screen one last time and walked away.

An hour later I returned and there were the login picture and text boxes! It appears it was just a matter of patience while the computer ran whatever it needed in order to operate in diagnostic mode. Out of sheer morbid curiosity, I attempted to replicate
    the process by re-enabling normal startup, restarting, and then enabling diagnostic startup again. Sure enough, after waiting about 15 minutes at a login screen with no login area, the picture and text boxes to log in finally appeared.

I'm not sure what processes were going on in the background which caused this painfully long delay, but I guess it's just a matter of patience. At least, that was the situation in my case. Keep in mind my laptop has dual display processors and an 8GB internal
    SSD (which was used for fast boot in Windows 7, but does nothing in Windows 10), so those may have been what was causing the delay.

Nomisuke, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

how do I enable diagnostic boot?

1. how do I enable diagnostic boot? - Similar Threads - enable diagnostic boot

2. How do I enable Secure Boot on a Gigabyte motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable Secure Boot on a Gigabyte motherboard?: I've been having an issue with trying to enable secure boot in my gigabyte bios. I've disabled CSM support as seen below, and I've made sure that I don't have secure boot already enabled my settings. Even though I've done these things, when I go on the "boot" tab on my bios,...
  3. How do I enable Secure Boot on a Gigabyte motherboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I enable Secure Boot on a Gigabyte motherboard?: I've been having an issue with trying to enable secure boot in my gigabyte bios. I've disabled CSM support as seen below, and I've made sure that I don't have secure boot already enabled my settings. Even though I've done these things, when I go on the "boot" tab on my bios,...
  4. How do I enable secure boot for the game Valorant?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable secure boot for the game Valorant?: So when I started up Valorant it said that I needed a secure boot to start up. Now I have been in the system's BIOS before but I don't want to mess around too much with the settings. The motherboard brand I am using is ASRock. I would appreciate any help in this matter!...
  5. How do I enable secure boot for the game Valorant?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I enable secure boot for the game Valorant?: So when I started up Valorant it said that I needed a secure boot to start up. Now I have been in the system's BIOS before but I don't want to mess around too much with the settings. The motherboard brand I am using is ASRock. I would appreciate any help in this matter!...
  6. Mouse not working after clean-boot, how do I enable it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not working after clean-boot, how do I enable it?: I followed steps to complete a clean boot, but now my wireless blutooth mouse isn't working, how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-not-working-after-clean-boot-how-do-i-enable/ebdaad40-864d-4ad9-af01-75f2759511da
  7. how do i reach setting in diagnostics

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i reach setting in diagnostics: i am part of windows insiders and i want to turn on my permission to share full diagnostic data with them. but i can see and yellow text says windows insider is managing these setting as they are hidden from me. as a result i cant do some updates or recieve new working builds...
  8. How Do I enable Javascript ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I enable Javascript ?: How do I enable javascript if it is already allowed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-javascript/35bc1abf-12e4-4916-9d6c-b3a8c2d14cff
  9. Enable diagnostic boot in windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Enable diagnostic boot in windows 10: Hi, My laptop takes 3 minutes to boot, and seem stuck on the spinning circle thingie. Where do I enable diagnostic boot so I can see what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-diagnostic-boot-in-windows-10/ef120859-e5b0-4180-9098-49ecf2479da2
  10. Stuck on "Getting windows ready" after enabling diagnostic boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on "Getting windows ready" after enabling diagnostic boot.: Brand new Lenovo G70 running windows 10 that my boss wanted me to transfer files to for his wife. Sounded simple but I only had an Ethernet cable on me, so I decided to set up a network between the new and old computer. However, the newer Lenovo G70 couldn't open the network...