Windows 10: How do I enable DPI scaling for 4K full-screen Remote Desktop?

Discus and support How do I enable DPI scaling for 4K full-screen Remote Desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm on a pair of 4K displays. For a very long time, the RDP to my work machine had DPI scaling enabled so that when I connect full-screen across both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OreoPredator, Mar 3, 2021.

1. How do I enable DPI scaling for 4K full-screen Remote Desktop?

I'm on a pair of 4K displays. For a very long time, the RDP to my work machine had DPI scaling enabled so that when I connect full-screen across both screens, everything scales up correctly. Somehow this reverted to a state where RDP no longer scales. I don't know if this was a recent Windows update, but the effect appears recent as I don't recall seeing this 2-3 months ago. Do you know how to set up DPI scaling for full-screen 4K RDP?

submitted by /u/OreoPredator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OreoPredator, Mar 3, 2021
  2. pxl8 Win User

Multi monitor DPI scaling issue

Hi,

I've got a 4K monitor and a 1920x1200 monitor hooked up but the current "solution" for separate DPI scaling seems flawed.

If I set the 4K monitor as my main display and set it to 200% scaling with the 1920 display set to 100% what seems to happen is that windows also draws the 1920 at 200% internally and then scales it down resulting in a slight blur on everything.

If I set the 1920 display as the main display then the UI elements for the 4K screen are rendered at 100% but scaled up to 200% for display, so I effectively have a 4K screen behaving like a 1920 display - although there seems to be selective awareness that it's a 4K screen. Eg, Photoshop/Lightroom render the images at 4k resolution. Unfortunately desktop menus are also drawn at 4K but without the scaling, same for icons and file requesters and various other things.

Does anyone know if there's a way to get Windows to render each display at the correct scale rather than at same DPI as the main display?

pxl8, Mar 3, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DPI scaling fixed and cannot be altered

Hi Yuan,

That may be because your screen resolution is not set correctly . . .

Your resolution should be set to the item in the list marked (recommended) if you set your resolution to that item, is DPI Scaling then enabled?

DaveM121, Mar 3, 2021
  4. How do I enable DPI scaling for 4K full-screen Remote Desktop?

Windows Photo Viewer Disable DPI Scaling (Slideshow High DPI problem)

When viewing a slideshow (fullscreen) (F11) with Windows photo viewer at 150% DPI Scaling on a 4K monitor only part of the image is shown! The DPI scaling should be ignored when fullscreen. Anyone knows how to fix this bug??

The strange thing is that with PNG and JPG images Photo Viewer starts with DPI scaling.

However when opening a BMP photo viewer starts without DPI scaling and full screen slideshow works fine.

So a better question would be how to always start photo viewer without DPI scaling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately it's a dll and compatibility settings are not available...

Christina Nancy Komninou, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

How do I enable DPI scaling for 4K full-screen Remote Desktop?

1. How do I enable DPI scaling for 4K full-screen Remote Desktop? - Similar Threads - enable DPI scaling

2. How do I enable a USB device in Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I enable a USB device in Remote Desktop?: On my desktop PC I have a USB CD-ROM drive connected. When I use remote desktop from my laptop to connect to my desktop PC while the USB drive shows up in Explorer in the desktop session it does not function. Windows Media player or other audio apps with run in the desktop...
  3. How do I enable DPI scaling for 4K full-screen Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I enable DPI scaling for 4K full-screen Remote Desktop?: I'm on a pair of 4K displays. For a very long time, the RDP to my work machine had DPI scaling enabled so that when I connect full-screen across both screens, everything scales up correctly. Somehow this reverted to a state where RDP no longer scales. I don't know if this was...
  4. How do I change the screen DPI?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I change the screen DPI?: There is always options of 100% and up in Windows display settings. But is there any way to go down 100% {like 90% or 70%}? If not, Can I force it to be 70%? My pc resolution is 1366p*768p ....
  5. How can I scale the Remote Desktop window on a 4k monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I scale the Remote Desktop window on a 4k monitor?: I have a new 15.6" laptop and 27" external monitor. Both the laptop display and external monitor are 4k. So far the only app that does not scale properly is Remote Desktop. When I RD to another Win 10 Pro system the fonts in the RD window are so small that they are barely...
  6. How to scale Remote Desktop on 4k monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to scale Remote Desktop on 4k monitor: I have a new 15.6" laptop and 27" external monitor. Both the laptop display and external monitor are 4k. So far the only app that does not scale properly is Remote Desktop. When I RD to another Win 10 Pro system the fonts in the RD window are so small that they are barely...
  7. How to scale Remote Desktop on 4k monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    How to scale Remote Desktop on 4k monitor: I have a new 15.6" laptop and 27" external monitor. Both the laptop display and external monitor are 4k. So far the only app that does not scale properly is Remote Desktop. When I RD to another Win 10 Pro system the fonts in the RD window are so small that they are barely...
  8. DPI scaling on the second screen?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DPI scaling on the second screen?: Windows 10 Anniversary... I can go to 150% scaling in PRIMARY and MIRROR but when I use only the secondary screen (it's a TV) the DPI scaling is disabled... why? 63249
  9. Scaling 1920x1080 to 4K screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Scaling 1920x1080 to 4K screen: Hello everyone! I have a question that I have not been able to find a proper answer to, and I'm starting to think it's impossible to do. I recently bought a Dell XPS 15 with a 4K screen. I normally don't care for 4K but I thought it would be useful to futureproof my...
  10. High DPI scaling

in Windows 10 Support
    High DPI scaling: Hey, I bought a 4k screen yesterday and I have this annoying issue with scaling. In 100% I can't see anything, so the solution is windows scaling. The issue is that a lot of programs doesn't work well with this method and makes the app almost unusable. Example:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp 4k

2. win10 dpi rdp

3. windows 11 desktop scale remote desktop