Windows 10: How do I enable multiple clipboard copy paste in Windows?

Discus and support How do I enable multiple clipboard copy paste in Windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/triciti [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/triciti, Dec 25, 2021.

1. How do I enable multiple clipboard copy paste in Windows?

/u/triciti, Dec 25, 2021

2. Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item

Hi, I'm working in Windows 10 and have a persistent problem with Copy + Paste. The problem is that the Paste command typically does not paste the most recent item from the clipboard, but rather pastes an item previously copied to the clipboard. So, for example,
    I might go grab something from the web via CTRL + C, and then try to copy it into an email, only to find that the pasted material is something I previously copied, not the material I copied most recently. At that point I have to go back, re-copy the stuff
    from the web, and try the paste command again. This works, but performing this sequence of steps twice most of the time is a pain in the...keyboard.

I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

David Dodenhoff, Dec 25, 2021
  3. BetwixtAg Win User
    Pasting from clipboard

Thank you, The first suggestion worked. The second did also provided I did not click in the Paint window first.

I'd spent some time trying to work it out for myself but was fooled by the clipboard window always closing prematurely. So thanks again.

Also thanks to Frederick, although solved, I've noted your alternative suggestion.

BetwixtAg, Dec 25, 2021
  4. How do I enable multiple clipboard copy paste in Windows?

copy and paste

Windows standard works in most places:

Select first item in a list (one click)

For contiguous list selection:

Hold the Shift key down, click on the last item in a list

For non-contiguous list selection:

Hold the Ctrl key down, click on each item you want to save

With selected items shown, simply hold the Ctrl key down and press the c key

These steps will save what you have selected to the Windows clipboard

You can then paste what is on the clipboard (not-selectively) in most places by simply placing the cursor where you want the copy to be, then hold down the Ctrl key and press v

Canadian Tech, Dec 25, 2021
Thema:

How do I enable multiple clipboard copy paste in Windows?

1. How do I enable multiple clipboard copy paste in Windows? - Similar Threads - enable multiple clipboard

2. How do I copy/paste from my clipboard and how do I resize the clipboard window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I copy/paste from my clipboard and how do I resize the clipboard window?: I can't copy anything from my windows clipboard. When I click on an item, the clipboard disappears. Also, the clipboard window is too small...
  3. How do I copy/paste from my clipboard and how do I resize the clipboard window?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I copy/paste from my clipboard and how do I resize the clipboard window?: I can't copy anything from my windows clipboard. When I click on an item, the clipboard disappears. Also, the clipboard window is too small...
  4. How do I copy/paste from my clipboard and how do I resize the clipboard window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. how do i copy and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i copy and paste: how do i copy and paste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-and-paste/89550b4e-2be9-4466-a738-7a32404527d4
  6. how do i copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i copy and paste: how do i copy and paste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-and-paste/89550b4e-2be9-4466-a738-7a32404527d4
  7. Multiple Clipboard / Paste Options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Clipboard / Paste Options: Looking for an app or function that will allow me to paste different things, with different keybinds. Example if I push Ctrl+V it pastes one part of text saved to the clip board, but if I hit ctrl+somethingelse it pastes in something different, without having to go over to...
  8. Multiple copy and paste

Multiple copy and paste: When I installed the Oct update the windows-v keys opened the multiple paste window. Due to a program crash I had to do a restart. Now windows-v does nothing. Everything else seem to work fine. What could be the problem? The option is turned on in the copy settings. I also...
  9. Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.

Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.: I lose transparency when copying and pasting from Photoshop to Illustrator. I believe this is because when switching applications, Photoshop exports the clipboard data to the OS clipboard, and Windows clipboard(as I understand it) only takes image data as BMP which doesn't...
  10. Pasting multiple things from clipboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pasting multiple things from clipboard?: Is there some way in Win10 to have multiple things on the clipboard and be able to, using hotkeys, paste the different things from the clipboard? Can this be done natively? If not, is there some way to do it with something small and portable? 79264