Windows 10: How do I enable Offline Files in Win 10 Home without upgrading to Pro?

Discus and support How do I enable Offline Files in Win 10 Home without upgrading to Pro? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to enable Offline Files in Windows 10 Home? I can't afford to upgrade to Pro, and I was wondering if there was a Registry hack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stargate38, Nov 5, 2017.

1. How do I enable Offline Files in Win 10 Home without upgrading to Pro?

Does anyone know how to enable Offline Files in Windows 10 Home? I can't afford to upgrade to Pro, and I was wondering if there was a Registry hack (like there is for Group Policy), file tweak/download, or something else that could enable it without upgrading, because I want to use that feature, and it's bothering me that it's not working. *Mad There are at least 2 pages that I want to keep an offline copy of, because the sites they're on aren't online 24/7, and I want to have them on demand.

:)

Stargate38, Nov 5, 2017
  2. FWP
    fwp Win User

Upgrade win 10 home to win 10 pro without losing programs or files

How to Upgrade win 10 home to win 10 pro without losing programs or files

3. Offline Files Won't Enable in Windows 10 Pro

Hi there,

I have recently got a new laptop, and as I wanted to use the network offline files (not onedrive offline) I upgraded it from Windows 10 Home to Pro specifically for that feature.

I have done this upgrade before with no problems.

However, on this laptop, when I go to the Control Panel, select 'Manage Offline Files', and click 'Enable offline files', simply nothing happens; no error message is displayed.

I have tried to enable offline files multiple times (tried restarting), with no luck.

How can I fix this (resetting would be my very last resort)?

Many thanks.

WindowsNerd_579, Nov 5, 2017
  4. How do I enable Offline Files in Win 10 Home without upgrading to Pro?

Anyone? I want to be able to save my pages offline.

Stargate38, Nov 25, 2017
  5. tonez Win User
    You cant do it Just use a browser "save page as"

tonez, Nov 25, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Are you taking about web pages and web sites that aren't available 24/7? If so, you can save a local copy of a web page using Internet Explorer.

Edge cannot save web pages. Open the web page you want in IE (if you are on the page in Edge you can do this by clicking the 'three dots' menu and select 'Open with Internet Explorer'). Press Ctrl+S to get the 'Save as...' dialog.

Choose 'Save as type: Web page complete (*.htm, *.html)' to save the page as a html file and an associated folder with the files, images etc. it uses. This file can be opened in any browser. The file and it's folder are linked, deleting either one will delete both. Other browsers such as Firefox can also save as a 'web page complete'.

Or choose 'Web archive, single file (*.mht)' to save as a single file, but this format can only be saved by or opened by Internet Explorer.

If that wasn't what you were asking, please say in more detail what it is you want to do.

7. I want to enable the "Offline Files" feature, but when I click "Manage Offline Files" under Sync Center, nothing happens. PLEASE tell me how to enable it without upgrading to Pro. There MUST be a way to do it, even if I have to use Registry hacks (I'm very careful with the Registry, and I know how to change/add/remove Group Policy entries without messing up Win10). I'm not giving up until I find a way to enable it without upgrading. I'm sure there's a way to do it.

Stargate38, Dec 2, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

How do I enable Offline Files in Win 10 Home without upgrading to Pro?

Me too, and I also have Home. Apparently a lot of others share your frustration.

A Microsoft representative has said that..
    ...but several others in that thread had the same "click "Manage Offline Files" under Sync Center, nothing happens" problem as you. The suggestion form another Microsoft representative was to...
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-841e46a70799

But apparently no one had a cscsvc.dll on their machine...

Edit: ...neither do I on my W10 Home machine - I do have a cscsvc.dll on my Pro machine though (and I can enable and use offline folders on that). Looks like Karthicka_R got it wrong and this is only for Pro. *Sad

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I enable Offline Files in Win 10 Home without upgrading to Pro?

1. How do I enable Offline Files in Win 10 Home without upgrading to Pro? - Similar Threads - enable Offline Files

2. How do I enable offline files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I enable offline files?: I have files that I need to access, but they have a big X in the corner and say that they are offline. I am unable to open the files or convert them to anything. It seems impossible to do anything with them, is there a way to enable or access these files? submitted by...
  3. How to upgrade windows 10 home to pro offline? In India

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to upgrade windows 10 home to pro offline? In India: I got a new ASUS laptop and for some reason I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 pro edition I bought a product key and i got scared for two reasons: 1: can it break my system Windows 2: I don't have enough internet connection so can I do it offline in India???...
  4. how do i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro: how do i upgrade from win 10 to win 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-from-win-10-home-to-win-10-pro/79422b22-dcb0-49db-8c3e-78c41d0b4cb5
  5. How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to...: I have a 4-computer home network. 3 are upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. The 4th is a Toshiba L775D-S7222 which upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home. All are 4 computers are Build 18362, which is apparently also called 1903. The 3 computers with Win 10...
  6. Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade: I am under the impression that I can use my Win 7 Pro product key to upgrade my Win 10 Home to Pro … is that true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home-to-pro-upgrade/f9099c66-ec7c-4164-9c1d-6c13c9e11463
  7. upgrade win 10 home to pro without installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade win 10 home to pro without installing: I have windows 10 home single language 64 bit on my notebook...and I want to upgrade to windows 10 pro 64 bit after Insert the product key windows 10 pro...[ATTACH] please help me...
  8. Upgrading Win 10 home to pro

Upgrading Win 10 home to pro: I have Windows 10 home version on my laptop. I have purchased the pro version of Windows 10 and would like to upgrade. Is it possible to enter the pro version's serial number into the home version and have it update or do I need to wipe the drive and start fresh with the...
  9. Win 10 Upgrade Home to Pro

Win 10 Upgrade Home to Pro: I have an ASUS laptop which came with Win 10 Home. It has been activated and working fine for more than a year. I need the remote Desktop, so I went to the MS Store and paid my $99 for an upgrade to Pro. Now Win won't activate, saying I don't have a valid license. Also it...
  10. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade: How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable offline folders windows 10 home