Windows 10: How do I enable offline files?

Discus and support How do I enable offline files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have files that I need to access, but they have a big X in the corner and say that they are offline. I am unable to open the files or convert them to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fanzipantz, Oct 15, 2020.

1. How do I enable offline files?

I have files that I need to access, but they have a big X in the corner and say that they are offline. I am unable to open the files or convert them to anything. It seems impossible to do anything with them, is there a way to enable or access these files?

submitted by /u/fanzipantz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fanzipantz, Oct 15, 2020
  2. soopg Win User

Offline Files Won't Enable in Windows 10 Pro

Hi there, sorry that I have neglected you!
    Your reply was the solution - many thanks indeed.
    In addition, the final step to sucsess was deleting the sfc folder. When I first tried to enable offline files after the re-install, I was told that the offline files service was not running and I needed to restart. The solution to this was taking ownership of the sfc folder and deleting all contents.
    Very many thanks once again.

soopg, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    offline files acces denied (file name database.xml)

Hi,

Access issues with offline files can be due to the changes in the configuration of the device and/or the host/server. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're using the Windows Sync Center application to access/manage your offline files.
    • If you're referring to the use of the OneDrive application.
    • If your device is managed by a domain or an organization.
    • The exact error messages that you're getting when accessing the files.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing the following steps to verify the status of the offline file access on your device:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type offline.
    • Under Sync Center, click Manage offline files.
    • In the Offline Files pop-up window, check if its enabled.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

How do I enable offline files?

How do I enable Offline Files in Win 10 Home without upgrading to Pro?

Me too, and I also have Home. Apparently a lot of others share your frustration.

A Microsoft representative has said that..
    ...but several others in that thread had the same "click "Manage Offline Files" under Sync Center, nothing happens" problem as you. The suggestion form another Microsoft representative was to...
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-841e46a70799

But apparently no one had a cscsvc.dll on their machine...

Edit: ...neither do I on my W10 Home machine - I do have a cscsvc.dll on my Pro machine though (and I can enable and use offline folders on that). Looks like Karthicka_R got it wrong and this is only for Pro. *Sad

Thema:

How do I enable offline files?

1. How do I enable offline files? - Similar Threads - enable offline files

2. Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home: I am just setting up my first Windows 11 Home computer and am struggling to get Offline files working.I have mapped a network drive as the the S drive, but the Always Available option is missing when I right-click it.I've gone into Symc Center but when I click 'Manage offline...
  3. Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home: I am just setting up my first Windows 11 Home computer and am struggling to get Offline files working.I have mapped a network drive as the the S drive, but the Always Available option is missing when I right-click it.I've gone into Symc Center but when I click 'Manage offline...
  4. How Do I Enable The Encryption Button On .Bat Files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Enable The Encryption Button On .Bat Files?: I Dont Know Whats Going On. I Have Tried 1. Changing the registry 2.the cmd command 3.the service And Nothing Changed..Encryption Button is Still Greyed Out.. Is There Another Solution To Fix It?...
  5. How Do I Enable The Encryption Button On .Bat Files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Enable The Encryption Button On .Bat Files?: I Dont Know Whats Going On. I Have Tried 1. Changing the registry 2.the cmd command 3.the service And Nothing Changed..Encryption Button is Still Greyed Out.. Is There Another Solution To Fix It?...
  6. How do I get temporarily files syncing in Sync Center / Offline Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get temporarily files syncing in Sync Center / Offline Files?: Maybe I misunderstand the entire purpose of the sync center, but let me explain what I'm trying to accomplish and what's not working. I have a share set up to a NAS server. It's mapped to Z. Everything can be accessed fine. I have a 30GB free on my SSD on my client-side...
  7. How do i fix printer offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i fix printer offline: My printer is saying its offline . How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-printer-offline/ef5fe84f-adb6-42b2-872d-a77157c1845a
  8. Printer is offline, how do I fix that?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer is offline, how do I fix that?: Printer is offline, hoe do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer/e91ddfc0-bc63-487a-9ce3-985c718dc42e
  9. Enable or Disable Offline Files in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Offline Files in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Offline Files in Windows How to Enable or Disable Offline Files in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. Users can use...
  10. How do I enable Offline Files in Win 10 Home without upgrading to Pro?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I enable Offline Files in Win 10 Home without upgrading to Pro?: Does anyone know how to enable Offline Files in Windows 10 Home? I can't afford to upgrade to Pro, and I was wondering if there was a Registry hack (like there is for Group Policy), file tweak/download, or something else that could enable it without upgrading, because I want...