Windows 10: how do I enable system protection to drive c

Discus and support how do I enable system protection to drive c in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; System will not start this morning. It ended up restarting itself and eventually I decided to try system restore. I had 2 restore points showing but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tireman9, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Tireman9 Win User

how do I enable system protection to drive c

System will not start this morning. It ended up restarting itself and eventually I decided to try system restore. I had 2 restore points showing but after hitting NEXT the instructions say I must enable systemprotection on this drive but the box is grey.

Only options are "Back" and "Cancel"

:)

Tireman9, Nov 21, 2018

2. System Protection - Restore "drive"

In system protection, it shows 2 drives in the list. One of them being C: the other being Restore with a folder icon.

It was the Restore "drive" that I enabled it on and then disabled it; which is when I received the warning of deleting the restore points and the amount of space being used was cleared from 5G to zero when I disabled it.

weaver2014, Nov 21, 2018
  3. waycool6 Win User
    System Protection

I had this problem every time I restarted my PC System Protection was turned OFF.

I Fixt this by renaming Local Disk (Chow do I enable system protection to drive c :) (System).

1: rename Drive to anything you want. In my case (System Drive)

2: Then Restarted my PC

3: Open system recovery configuration

4: turn ON System Protection

5 Reboot . that's it all dune

If this dues not work.

Next step only if above steps don't work.

By default, System Restore is disabled on Windows 10. We could try to deploy a task schedule to enable this feature with the following command(.ps1).

enable-computerrestore -drive "c:\"

vssadmin resize shadowstorage /on=c: /for=c: /maxsize=5%

waycool6, Nov 21, 2018
  4. how do I enable system protection to drive c

how do I enable system protection to drive c in windows 10 from the command prompt

trying to do a restore point while my pc is in automatic repair and I'm told to enable system protection to drive C

Paul PFC Cooper, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

how do I enable system protection to drive c

1. how do I enable system protection to drive c - Similar Threads - enable system protection

2. how do I enable virus and threat protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I enable virus and threat protection?: how do I enable virus and threat protection? I'm not going to lie I installed cheats on my pc and every time i play a game i get kicked from the match.and I'm trying to figure out if it's because I don't have virus and threat protection turned on but if you guys.can't help me...
  3. how do I enable virus and threat protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I enable virus and threat protection?: how do I enable virus and threat protection? I'm not going to lie I installed cheats on my pc and every time i play a game i get kicked from the match.and I'm trying to figure out if it's because I don't have virus and threat protection turned on but if you guys.can't help me...
  4. How do I enable Kernel Patch Protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable Kernel Patch Protection?: So I checked in msinfo32 that i have it off.... and the Virtualization-based security is running.... i think it somehow turned itself off, because i was playing Fortnite then yesterday it said kernel patch protection disabled but before it did not so i assume i had it on? is...
  5. How do I enable Kernel Patch Protection?

How do I enable Kernel Patch Protection?: So I checked in msinfo32 that i have it off.... and the Virtualization-based security is running.... i think it somehow turned itself off, because i was playing Fortnite then yesterday it said kernel patch protection disabled but before it did not so i assume i had it on? is...
  6. How do I enable Kernel Patch Protection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How do I enable web protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable web protection?: Windows Security indicates that I have no providers for "web protection." I do have Defender as my antivirus program and use the Mullvad VPN. I also use Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin, and HTTPS Everywhere with Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure what I am missing. Windows Security...
  8. How do I enable web protection?

How do I enable web protection?: Windows Security indicates that I have no providers for "web protection." I do have Defender as my antivirus program and use the Mullvad VPN. I also use Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin, and HTTPS Everywhere with Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure what I am missing. Windows Security...
  9. How do I enable Real Time Protection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I enable Real Time Protection?: My Real Time Protection on Windows Defender will not even allow me to click on it. As seen below. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-real-time-protection/35ab5c85-d971-4f83-b519-7ce105b2d416
  10. How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?: I have disable system protection on my primary (C:\) which is an SSD. When trying to enable system protection on my 1TB HDD (E:\), the option is simply greyed out. I had hoped to save writes on my SSD to increase it's lifespan, and it appears to be recommended in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local disk c sytem protection

2. must enable system protection on this drive c:

3. ENABLE SYSTEM PROTECION ON DRIVE

4. c drive enable system protection,
  5. enable system protection on c drive,
  6. LOCAL DISK \ (C: \) \ (SYSTEM \) status YOU MUST ACTIVATE SYSTEM PROTECTION ON THIS DRIVE,
  7. enable system protection on drive,
  8. enable system protection of c drive,
  9. enable system protection on this drive,
  10. enable protection on c: drive,
  11. enable protection on drive,
  12. system protection drive c