Windows 10: How do I enable the folder replacement confirmation box in windows 10

Discus and support How do I enable the folder replacement confirmation box in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a very large volume of folders copied from my old XP laptop now on my Windows 10 laptop but i cant move them into the main file without them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Folder boy, Aug 4, 2019.

1. How do I enable the folder replacement confirmation box in windows 10

I have a very large volume of folders copied from my old XP laptop now on my Windows 10 laptop but i cant move them into the main file without them merging into the same folder because i have different files i want to keep seperate.

For example if I have a folder on my desktop called "Folder 1" containing seven music tracks, then on my external drive I also have a folder called "Folder 1" containing five pictures.
    But if I drag the Folder 1 from the external onto the desktop it just overwrites the desktop "folder 1" and I end up with folder 1 containing both the music tracks and the pictures.

I want back the way it was in XP with the usual folder confirmation dialogue box asking if i'd like to replace the folders or give them a new name, Otherwise its going to take me a hell load of time to rename each folder so they dont overwrite.

thanks

:)

Folder boy, Aug 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 - How to Enable Windows Explorer File Deletion Confirmation

Hi,

By default, Windows 10 doesn't show a delete confirmation dialog box. However, you can still get the same confirmation box using
    Shift + Delete hotkey. If you wish to enable the delete confirmation box, follow these steps:

• On your Windows 10 desktop, right-click on Recycle Bin, and then select
      Properties.
    • Under General tab, check the option named Display delete confirmation dialog.
    • Click on the Apply button before closing the dialog box.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 4, 2019
  4. TRON1982x Win User

How do I enable the folder replacement confirmation box in windows 10

Windows 10 - How to Enable Windows Explorer File Deletion Confirmation

Hi, ok well I figured it out but I don't know why it does this. When you delete something from OneDrive using Windows Explorer you do NOT get the delete confirmation box, but if you delete a file on your local C: you do. I wonder if there's a way to turn
    that option on for OneDrive?

TRON1982x, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

How do I enable the folder replacement confirmation box in windows 10

1. How do I enable the folder replacement confirmation box in windows 10 - Similar Threads - enable folder replacement

2. "Confirm Folder Replace" Prompt- Does it replace or merge folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Confirm Folder Replace" Prompt- Does it replace or merge folders?: Good day! I was moving files from a mobile phone to a external hdd today to clear space on my phone. I was using the "move to" function, so I wouldn't have to go back and delete the files I moved. However, halfway through the moving process, my hdd stopped working. I got a...
  3. "Confirm Folder Replace" Prompt- Does it replace or merge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Confirm Folder Replace" Prompt- Does it replace or merge?: Good day! I was moving files from a mobile phone to a external hdd today to clear space on my phone. I was using the "move to" function, so I wouldn't have to go back and delete the files I moved. However, halfway through the moving process, my hdd stopped working. I got a...
  4. "Confirm Folder Replace" Prompt- Does it replace or merge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Confirm Folder Replace" Prompt- Does it replace or merge?: Good day! I was moving files from a mobile phone to a external hdd today to clear space on my phone. I was using the "move to" function, so I wouldn't have to go back and delete the files I moved. However, halfway through the moving process, my hdd stopped working. I got a...
  5. Rename folder to OneDrive asks Confirm Replacement with another folder

Rename folder to OneDrive asks Confirm Replacement with another folder: I have a MS Surface that I upgraded to Win11, then gave up and clean installed Win10. I have a SD card for data storage. In Win11 the OneDrive local directory was on the SD Card.After installing Win10, OneDrive created a new directory on the C drive. I want the OneDrive...
  6. Rename folder to OneDrive asks Confirm Replacement with another folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rename folder to OneDrive asks Confirm Replacement with another folder: I have a MS Surface that I upgraded to Win11, then gave up and clean installed Win10. I have a SD card for data storage. In Win11 the OneDrive local directory was on the SD Card.After installing Win10, OneDrive created a new directory on the C drive. I want the OneDrive...
  7. Rename folder to OneDrive asks Confirm Replacement with another folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to enable file delete confirmations on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable file delete confirmations on Windows 11: Files that you delete on Windows 11 PCs are deleted without a delete confirmation prompt. The default configuration sends the selection of files to the Recycle Bin. Users may restore accidentally deleted files from the Recycle Bin, unless it is has been emptied already...
  9. How to disable or enable Delete confirmation dialog box for Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable or enable Delete confirmation dialog box for Photos app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to enable the Delete confirmation dialog for the Photos app in […] This article How to disable or enable Delete confirmation dialog box for Photos app in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. How do you replace a folder in Win 10

How do you replace a folder in Win 10: When I try to paste a folder where there is already a folder of the same name, instead of replacing the folder that's there, windows now "merges" the folders. I at least set it so that it tells me. But how do you actually replace the folder with the new one? The box that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folder replace confirmation windows 10

2. enable the folder replacement confirmation box in windows 10