Windows 10: How do I enable the gray share button in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I enable the gray share button in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Could someone be kind and just tell where the settings are i Windows. Who ever answer: If you feel very MVP-ish and find it very clever to paste in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mi00im, Jul 22, 2019.

1. mi00im Win User

How do I enable the gray share button in Windows 10?

Could someone be kind and just tell where the settings are i Windows.

Who ever answer: If you feel very MVP-ish and find it very clever to paste in a bunch of links to KBs and other difficult things you don't really understand yourself - please don't.

Just tell how to enable the share button arrow.

P.S. Couldn't avoid the warning about fake support numbers - Microsoft have improved the home network security to yet another chaotic level so I can't reach my own computer anymore after the upgrade to 1903. But scammers can get into to Microsoft support as they want. Impressive!

Kind regards, Martin

:)

mi00im, Jul 22, 2019

2. Share button is gray in Windows 10

I guess it's too late, but... I got the TRUE solution for your trouble, it was happening with me as well. For some reason, "Sharing Wizard" was disabled in my system, and because of that, the share button was grayed out, probably it's disabled in your system
    too. Search in youtube for "How to Enable File Sharing in Windows 10", it shows how to do it. Hope it helps you too...

Viniciusptorres07, Jul 22, 2019
  3. TBihnOH Win User
    Share button is gray in Windows 10

I want to share my C drive on one computer in my network so another can access it. I've enabled network discovery and checked allow others to access this drive, but the button is still gray. How do I enable this button? Thanks!

TBihnOH, Jul 22, 2019
  4. How do I enable the gray share button in Windows 10?

Share button is gray in Windows 10

Hi,

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

• Are you trying to share from an Admin account? Because the share option might be greyed out due to administrative privileges.

Method 1

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type This PC in the search bar and hit enter.

• Right click on a drive you want to share.

• Select share with.

• Select Advanced sharing.

• Check the box share this folder and click on permissions.

• Set permissions according to you and click on
      apply and ok.

If the issue still prissiest, try Method 2,

Method 2

• Open an elevated command prompt. (Right click on start button and select command prompt admin)

• Type takeown /U %username% /F %USERPROFILE% /R /SKIPSL (You may also need the /P <password>

• Once that completes type cacls %USERPROFILE% /T /E /G %USERNAME%:F

This should force you to be the owner of everything in your profile and grant you full access.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

How do I enable the gray share button in Windows 10?

1. How do I enable the gray share button in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - enable gray share

2. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.: Edition: Windows 11 Home Single LanguageVersion: 22H2OS build: 22621.2134Using Microsoft AccountThe "encrypt contents to secure data" is grayed out. What should I do to enable the button?Please help....
  3. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.: Edition: Windows 11 Home Single LanguageVersion: 22H2OS build: 22621.2134Using Microsoft AccountThe "encrypt contents to secure data" is grayed out. What should I do to enable the button?Please help....
  4. How to enable Grayed Out Encrypt Contents To Secure Data Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Grayed Out Encrypt Contents To Secure Data Button: I have gone on properties on the folder and pressed advanced and the Encrypt button is Grayed out. I have even tried two methods Method 1:Ensure that you're logged in as administrator.Press Windows + R, then type regedit and click OK.Within Registry Editor, go to its left...
  5. How to enable Grayed Out Encrypt Contents To Secure Data Button

How to enable Grayed Out Encrypt Contents To Secure Data Button: I have gone on properties on the folder and pressed advanced and the Encrypt button is Grayed out. I have even tried two methods Method 1:Ensure that you're logged in as administrator.Press Windows + R, then type regedit and click OK.Within Registry Editor, go to its left...
  6. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.: I read many posts on this subject. But still... None of them have worked. Microsoft... this should be enabled in the first place. Why is it so difficult?...
  7. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.: I read many posts on this subject. But still... None of them have worked. Microsoft... this should be enabled in the first place. Why is it so difficult?...
  8. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.: Hi. I would like to enable password protection for a memory stick and it won't let me do it.I have tried the following methods:Method 1:Ensure that you're logged in as administrator.Press Windows + R, then type regedit and click OK.Within Registry Editor, go to its left pane...
  10. Share button gray in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share button gray in file explorer: Hi to all, when i select a directory for share and select the share tab, the share button don't work. [img] Why? 171028

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to activate share button