Windows 10: How do I enable the High Performance power plan? It used to be visible here but it's gone now.

Discus and support How do I enable the High Performance power plan? It used to be visible here but it's gone now. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TrenchcoatDucks [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TrenchcoatDucks, Oct 20, 2020.

1. How do I enable the High Performance power plan? It used to be visible here but it's gone now.

/u/TrenchcoatDucks, Oct 20, 2020

2. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan?

Kiwiprobie1, Oct 20, 2020
  3. High performance Power plan missing.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to create a new power plan with high performance.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Is the PC connected to a domain/organization network?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps to restore the default power plans on the PC.

1. Click on Start menu and type
      CMD, right click on CMD and select Run as Administrator.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter:
      powercfg –restoredefaultschemes

3. Once the process is complete, then restart the PC and check

If the issue persists, then perform these registry changes and check..

Note:
    Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry

1. Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    2. Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
    3. When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
    4. In the right pane, double click on the DWORD entry named CsEnabledand
      set it to 0.
    5. Click Ok and restart the PC to check.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 20, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

How do I enable the High Performance power plan? It used to be visible here but it's gone now.

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

How do I enable the High Performance power plan? It used to be visible here but it's gone now.

1. How do I enable the High Performance power plan? It used to be visible here but it's gone now. - Similar Threads - enable High Performance

2. How do I keep my power plan on high performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep my power plan on high performance?: My games on my pc keeps lagging horribly even though I'll have no apps running, my cpu isn't overheating and my wifi is good. My computer won't lag when I'm doing other stuff, just when I'm playing a game and I even bring the graphics settings to it's lowest and I still...
  3. How do I keep my power plan on high performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep my power plan on high performance?: My games on my pc keeps lagging horribly even though I'll have no apps running, my cpu isn't overheating and my wifi is good. My computer won't lag when I'm doing other stuff, just when I'm playing a game and I even bring the graphics settings to it's lowest and I still...
  4. No "High Performance" power plan.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No "High Performance" power plan.: When choosing a power plan, only the "balanced" plan is available. Also, when creating your own plan, they offer a balanced one. The question is how to fix this and set more “Maximum performance”?...
  5. No "High Performance" power plan.

No "High Performance" power plan.: When choosing a power plan, only the "balanced" plan is available. Also, when creating your own plan, they offer a balanced one. The question is how to fix this and set more “Maximum performance”?...
  6. High performance power plan disappeared

High performance power plan disappeared: Hi, My name is Miko , I have dell G15 with Windows 10I was using High performance mode in power plan from control panelBut suddenly it disappeared so I chose the balanced modeNow I can't restore it and the laptop is running slowI need help and I need to restore and use high...
  7. High Performance Power Plan Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Performance Power Plan Disappeared: I am using the latest version of Windows 11 and I changed my power plan to "Balanced" just to try it out and when I went back into Control Panel to change it back to "High Performance", it was not there anymore. I tried a lot of suggested fixes that are on the internet but...
  8. Is it worth enabling High Performance Power Plan on a desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it worth enabling High Performance Power Plan on a desktop PC?: Hello all, I would like to know if it is worth enabling High Performance Power Plan on a desktop PC while gaming? And if it is,then I would please you to tell me how do I automatically enable the High Performance Power Plan only while gaming? Thanks. My OS is Win 10 x64...
  9. autounattend.xml High Performance power plan

in Windows 10 Support
    autounattend.xml High Performance power plan: In previous versions of Windows 10, a default installation would have 3 power plans, and you could simply make a choice. Now only the "Balanced" power plan exists and you have to create whatever plan you want. Using Windows System Image Manager, I created an autounattend.xml...
  10. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.: What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance-power-plan-and-ultimate/6625509a-a16e-4c61-a36f-a7c9a5d7ce5c