Windows 10: How do I enable the icons in the shutdown-menu?

Discus and support How do I enable the icons in the shutdown-menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have seen them on my second Windows system and I like how they look. I searched in the Windows settings and online but haven't found something.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cr7mbl3, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Cr7mbl3 Win User

How do I enable the icons in the shutdown-menu?

I have seen them on my second Windows system and I like how they look.

I searched in the Windows settings and online but haven't found something.

How do I enable the icons in the shutdown-menu? b746406e-495f-4911-8323-6f5c5d6708de?upload=true.png

Best regards,

Marc

:)

Cr7mbl3, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Desktop Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate Icons

I discovered some time ago a simple means of adding two desktop icons to cover Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate. I now use these icons all the time as it avoids using the Start procedure, which I never use at all unless I wish to Restart immediately after shutdown. Even then, I tend to use my desktop icons. Just close the browser, click the desktop icon and it is done.

On your desktop, right click the free space, then click new shortcut, you get a Wizard, copy/paste the command for the location type from one of the below commands (in this case, %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState ). Then click Next. You are asked to give it a title - Standby, Hibernate or Shutdown, I suggest using "Standby/Hibernate", click Finish.

Shutdown: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s
    Reboot: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -r
    Logoff: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -l
    Standby: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
    Hibernate: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate
    I have listed Hibernate for reference only, as the Hibernate desktop icon does not work for systems reasons, Hibernate can only be achieved by manually using the Power Options properties panel.

Use CNTRL+C to copy and CNTRL+V to paste.

Hibernate is automatic if the Hibernate box is checked in the Power Options properties panel. If the box is not checked, then Standby is automatic. You have to select this box to give you the option you want.

Standby is more convenient if you are using the PC constantly, it is a quicker recovery, but has a power trickle. For long periods of absence, use Hibernate, it is much slower in recovering, but effectively shuts your computer down.

The Power options panel is found by Control Panel>Power Options>Hibernate.

The two desktop icons created can be changed by Right clicking the icon then Properties>Change icon>Browse>Windows 32>shell32dll>select icon>OK>Apply>OK
    You now have two brand new icons on your desktop for Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate. It works a treat.

My icons are :-

How do I enable the icons in the shutdown-menu? Desktopicons-1.png

Bald Eagle, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I enable the icons in the shutdown-menu? - Similar Threads - enable icons shutdown

2. "Overflow" menu how do I force system icons to go there?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Overflow" menu how do I force system icons to go there?: Brand new Windows 11 user here: How do I move system icons wifi, speaker, power to the overflow menu so they don't clutter up my taskbar? The Taskbar Personalization doesn't seem to address them. Where do I go to hide them?...
  3. How do I update and shutdown.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I update and shutdown.: My update and shutdown option it's gone now all I have it's update and restart, that would be fine, but I'm having problem with my PC boots files, and I have yet to managed to resolved the problem fully. For some reason my PC when restart instead of shut down, it would get...
  4. How do i get my shutdown menu to show "shutdown" as the first option again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i get my shutdown menu to show "shutdown" as the first option again?: So you guys probably all know that shutdown menu that appears when you want to shutdown your pc. The one where you can select wether you want to shutdown, change user and what not. I usually shut down my pc by pressing alt+f4+enter. Since yesterday somehow it changed the...
  5. How do I fix these start menu icons?

How do I fix these start menu icons?: [ATTACH] I've changed the color in Settings so many times but these three (the two Onenotes and Skype) keep the black background. Any idea? https://preview.redd.it/9taqrq098qe51.jpg?width=698&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=643a394b620c94298b94aa2ce9fcfe6fcb58041e submitted by...
  6. How do I reboot / shutdown

How do I reboot / shutdown: How do Reboot or Shutdown my PC without having all of my previously open windows or programs reopen as soon as I sign back in? submitted by /u/cjbravo1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hr1wwn/how_do_i_reboot_shutdown/
  7. How do I enable the new Start Menu on Windows 10X?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I enable the new Start Menu on Windows 10X?: I want to know how to enable the new Start Menu that is going to appear on the soon-to-release Surface Neo as well as future PCs. How do I? Any tips?...
  8. How do I group my Start Menu icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I group my Start Menu icons?: After one of the OS updates, a new feature was added where I could select a group on the Start Menu and have them shrunk to a small box. If I clicked on that box, it returned to full size. After an update installed last Friday, I could no longer logon and Bitlocker...
  9. Defender Icon in Start Menu, How do I remove it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Icon in Start Menu, How do I remove it?: With the Anniversary update came an improved Defender Antivirus, This is good! But I am trying to remove unnecessary icons from my start menu, and I can find no option to turn this one off? Anyone know of a tweak that can do this please?*Sad 61656
  10. How Do I Add Bluetooth Icon to Desktop or Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add Bluetooth Icon to Desktop or Menu?: How can I add a bluetooth icon to the menu or the desktop in win 10? 84017