Windows 10: How do I enable the physical keyboard while in tablet mode?

Discus and support How do I enable the physical keyboard while in tablet mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new monitor but now don't have enough space on my desk to use my laptop and monitor. I want to fold my laptop and only have the keyboard right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mdmbitch, Nov 30, 2019.

1. How do I enable the physical keyboard while in tablet mode?

I got a new monitor but now don't have enough space on my desk to use my laptop and monitor. I want to fold my laptop and only have the keyboard right side up. I have tried disabling tablet mode completely and disabling and uninstalling the Intel Integrated Sensor Solutions driver in the Device Manager.

submitted by /u/mdmbitch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mdmbitch, Nov 30, 2019

2. Use physical keyboard in tablet mode

I have a Dell Inspiron computer, which has a tablet mode. However, putting my laptop into tablet mode disables the physical keyboard. Is there any way I can turn it back on?

So far, I've tried the following things:

1. Disabling tablet mode completely. However, when I fold my laptop, it says in "desktop mode", but the keyboard is disabled.
    2. Disabling the "Intel Integrated Sensor Solutions" driver in the Device Manager.
    3. Disabling the touchscreen altogether.

However, none of the above methods work in any combination. What am I missing?

416E64726577, Nov 30, 2019
  3. glchrist Win User
    No virtual keyboard in tablet mode with a physical keyboard attached

Clean installs of Windows 10 on either a Surface w/Keyboard or an Ultrabook (doesn't matter what kind test this in a store with multiple Surfaces or Ultrabooks same thing on all devices). When you place the device in tablet mode the virtual keyboard is
    not available which makes the device completely useless. This is not a device or corrupt Windows install this is a clean install of Windows 10 and appears to be a design bug or flaw so reinstalling windows does not fix the issue. It is not related to a
    certain device either as this can be replicated on several different machine types as long as they have a physical keyboard attached. On a surface if you remove the physical keyboard and put it in tablet mode the virtual keyboard appears but if you leave
    it connected you cannot work in tablet mode. Is there a Windows 10 patch to fix this issue?

glchrist, Nov 30, 2019
  4. How do I enable the physical keyboard while in tablet mode?

Disabling physical keyboard when in tablet mode

I have an hp spectre laptop that bends back to become a tablet, and goes into "tablet mode". In this tablet mode, however, the physical keyboard does not disable and when I have it in my lap I will inevitably start accidentally pressing random keys. Is
    there a setting in Windows 10 where I can disable the keyboard specifically when I go into tablet mode? I don't want to have to manually disable it any time I want to use it as a tablet, that would be unreasonable...

skiesareforflying, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

How do I enable the physical keyboard while in tablet mode?

1. How do I enable the physical keyboard while in tablet mode? - Similar Threads - enable physical keyboard

2. Enable Physical Keyboard in Tablet Mode Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Physical Keyboard in Tablet Mode Windows 11: Hi. My issue is somewhat unique. I have an HP Envy 360 laptop. The hinge broke and now the screen doesn't work. I'm planning to get a new laptop at some point but for now I got a portable monitor. What I'd like to be able to do is, for the time being, basically fold the...
  3. Enable Physical Keyboard in Tablet Mode Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Physical Keyboard in Tablet Mode Windows 11: Hi. My issue is somewhat unique. I have an HP Envy 360 laptop. The hinge broke and now the screen doesn't work. I'm planning to get a new laptop at some point but for now I got a portable monitor. What I'd like to be able to do is, for the time being, basically fold the...
  4. How to use the physical keyboard when it is in tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use the physical keyboard when it is in tablet mode.: I want to be able to use the physical keyboard when in tablet mode on my Lenovo intel core i3 10th generation IdeaPad Flex 5 .Whenever I put the screen 180 the keyboard disables. I've tried reading other sources but can't find anything to suit the system of my laptop. I have...
  5. How to use the physical keyboard when it is in tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use the physical keyboard when it is in tablet mode.: I want to be able to use the physical keyboard when in tablet mode on my Lenovo intel core i3 10th generation IdeaPad Flex 5 .Whenever I put the screen 180 the keyboard disables. I've tried reading other sources but can't find anything to suit the system of my laptop. I have...
  6. How do I prevent Tablet mode keyboard from appearing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I prevent Tablet mode keyboard from appearing?: Before answering read carefully. This is not about the 'on screen keyboard' which is different from the tablet mode keyboard that appears when a field is touched, such as Bing search for example. Scenario: I'm on Win10 Tablet Mode with touch monitor and tower PC. I touch the...
  7. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode: I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this...
  8. How do I get rid of the onscreen keyboard that is on tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of the onscreen keyboard that is on tablet mode?: The onscreen keyboard that takes up half of the screen won't close. I've tried turning off mouse keyboard settings, there is nothing running in my task manager, and I don't know what else to try. submitted by /u/UbisoftServersLag [link] [comments]...
  9. Keyboard & Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Tablet Mode: My computer is an HP Spectre and I have two questions: 1) I'm trying get my keyboard to disable when I'm in tablet mode, because whenever I hit a key it messes up what I'm doing. How can I easily disable my keyboard without uninstalling it? 2) My keyboard makes sounds when...
  10. Enabling keyboard while in Tablet Mode on a Windows 10 Laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling keyboard while in Tablet Mode on a Windows 10 Laptop?: I am trying to use my TV screen as a computer monitor because it works better for my setup. I have it working, but I need the keyboard from my laptop without the screen. my plan is to flip it into tablet mode, and lay the computer on the screen so I have access to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to enable physical keyboard in tablet mode

2. enable physical keyboard in tablet mode