Windows 10: How do I enable the screenshot shortcut?

Discus and support How do I enable the screenshot shortcut? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,so I used a program to optimize my pc and it disabled the shortcut Windows Key + Shift + S but I would like to use it again.I am pretty sure it got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mqro, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Mqro Win User

How do I enable the screenshot shortcut?

Hi,so I used a program to optimize my pc and it disabled the shortcut Windows Key + Shift + S but I would like to use it again.I am pretty sure it got disabled via Registry but I dont know which key I have to change. Can anyone help me?Thanks!

:)

Mqro, Dec 1, 2021

2. enable shortcut underlines does not stay on

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

I suggest you to follow below steps to enable shortcut underlines and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Open Control Panel by right click on
    Start
    Button.

2. Select Ease of Access Center and scroll down the list and click “Make the Keyboard Easier to Use

3. Check the option Underline Keyboard Shortcuts
    and Access Keys under Make it easier to use keyboard shortcuts.

Now you’ll see the shortcut keys are underlined.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Dec 1, 2021
  3. enable shortcut underlines does not stay on

Hi Dallas,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click on Start Menu and click on
      Settings

• Choose Ease of Access.

• Click on Keyboard and turn on Enable shortcut underlines in
      Other Settings on right pane.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 1, 2021
  4. How do I enable the screenshot shortcut?

enable shortcut underlines does not stay on

Although this is the correct method to initially enable the feature the OP (And several others including myself) is experiencing an issue where even after setting this, the features does not remain enabled. Therefore the replies from Billion and Vinodh are
    NOT correct.

To force this feature to remain enabled revise the registry entry [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Preference] as follows:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Preference]

"On"="1"

Best Of luck

Thugnacious D, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

How do I enable the screenshot shortcut?

1. How do I enable the screenshot shortcut? - Similar Threads - enable screenshot shortcut

2. How do I take a screenshot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I take a screenshot?: How do I take a screenshot? I want to restore my display without buttons at the top blocking everything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-a-screenshot/d519a926-4bde-48de-b241-c243e1a48b09
  3. How do I take a screenshot?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I take a screenshot?: How do I take a screenshot? I want to restore my display without buttons at the top blocking everything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-a-screenshot/d519a926-4bde-48de-b241-c243e1a48b09
  4. screenshot shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screenshot shortcut not working: windows + prt sc not working after updating to windows 11 22h2, before the update it was working fine. snipping tool is working fine but the win + prt sc shortcut is not working now. please help me to rectify the problem....
  5. screenshot shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screenshot shortcut not working: windows + prt sc not working after updating to windows 11 22h2, before the update it was working fine. snipping tool is working fine but the win + prt sc shortcut is not working now. please help me to rectify the problem....
  6. Screenshot shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshot shortcuts not working: Windows + Print Screen and Windows + Shift + S were working until when I tripped and put my hands on my keyboard to prevent me from falling but I ended up opening a bunch of apps and my screenshot buttons don't work anymore.Windows + Print Screen = Screenshot the entire...
  7. How do I enable the screenshot shortcut?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I enable the screenshot shortcut?: Hi,so I used a program to optimize my pc and it disabled the shortcut Windows Key + Shift + S but I would like to use it again.I am pretty sure it got disabled via Registry but I dont know which key I have to change. Can anyone help me?Thanks!...
  8. How do I enable the screenshot shortcut?

How do I enable the screenshot shortcut?: Hi,so I used a program to optimize my pc and it disabled the shortcut Windows Key + Shift + S but I would like to use it again.I am pretty sure it got disabled via Registry but I dont know which key I have to change. Can anyone help me?Thanks!...
  9. How do I save screenshots?

How do I save screenshots?: Split from this thread. how do I save screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-save-screenshots/e76d539d-b2ce-479c-8faa-d61d7b6d5af2
  10. How do I make a screenshot

How do I make a screenshot: I'm using Windows 10 Home pro, On a HP Compac Elite 8300 small form factor Desktop PC ... What is a easy to make a screenshot,,, can I do it without having to use the snipping tool... Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank You...