Windows 10: how do I enable typing 10 minute timer into start and getting one?

Discus and support how do I enable typing 10 minute timer into start and getting one? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; it used to just launch the timer at 10 minutes now it opens a bing search for 10 minute timer lol 143494 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gr5eqqergagrae, Oct 30, 2019.

1. how do I enable typing 10 minute timer into start and getting one?

it used to just launch the timer at 10 minutes now it opens a bing search for 10 minute timer lol

:)

gr5eqqergagrae, Oct 30, 2019
  2. ozfunke Win User

Timer notifications no longer working

Hi everyone.

I've been using the timer function of the default "Alarms & Clock" app almost every day since I switched to Windows 10. Today it stopped working.

When the timer hits 0:00 the notification in the lower right corner won't pop up and the alarm sound won't play... until I open the start menu. For example if I set a timer for 10 minutes, nothing will happen at 0:00. Only if and when I open the start menu or hit the Windows key after those 10 minutes, then the timer will go off.

I really like this app and want to keep using it to track my shifts at work. Any suggestions? Any ideas what it has to do with the start menu?

PS. Notifications for the app are set to on in the settings.

Thanks.

ozfunke, Oct 30, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Getting out of sleep

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the following questions:

• Does your device automatically returns to sleep after a short period of time?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to the issue?
    We suggest that you check if the Allow wake timers setting is enabled. To check if it is enabled, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, then type power options.
    • Click Power Options from the results.
    • On the Power Options windows, click Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand the Sleep category.
    • Expand Allow wake timers.
    • Change the desired setting.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

how do I enable typing 10 minute timer into start and getting one?

Windows 10, Cannot set Logout Timer

Hi Waltz,

For us to better assist you with your log out timer issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Which build and version of Windows are your running on your computer?
    To check, press Windows key + R > type winver
    > hit Enter.

• "Cannot set Logout Timer" - Do you want to set your computer to auto-shutdown or auto-lock?
    • What steps have your tried to set the logout timer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

how do I enable typing 10 minute timer into start and getting one?

1. how do I enable typing 10 minute timer into start and getting one? - Similar Threads - enable typing minute

2. how do i enable typing mode after starting voice access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i enable typing mode after starting voice access: With "Speech recognition" I used to be able to say "Start typing", and then I could do code development or run Unix commands for example by spelling them out. I could not figure out a way to do that with the new "Voice access".Now I can only dictate, but cannot do coding....
  3. how do i enable typing mode after starting voice access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i enable typing mode after starting voice access: With "Speech recognition" I used to be able to say "Start typing", and then I could do code development or run Unix commands for example by spelling them out. I could not figure out a way to do that with the new "Voice access".Now I can only dictate, but cannot do coding....
  4. How do I get a code to enable start up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get a code to enable start up?: How do I get a code to start up windows ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-code-to-enable-start-up/d2b14452-c6eb-4fd4-9d60-cfd913c8a024
  5. How do I get a code to enable start up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a code to enable start up?: How do I get a code to start up windows ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-code-to-enable-start-up/d2b14452-c6eb-4fd4-9d60-cfd913c8a024
  6. How do I Enable Clickpad While Typing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I Enable Clickpad While Typing?: I'm trying to play video games with my touchpad instead of a mouse, but when I press anything on the keyboard while I'm using the Click pad, the cursor stops. I would like to disable this option but I can't find anything throughout the Control Panel or Settings. At this...
  7. HOW DO I ENABLE AUTOMATIC SAVE IN EVERY ONE MINUTE IN NOTEPAD ON WINDOWS 10 64BIT 1809...

HOW DO I ENABLE AUTOMATIC SAVE IN EVERY ONE MINUTE IN NOTEPAD ON WINDOWS 10 64BIT 1809...: i want to enable fetaure in notepad sucha way that , notepad must save the words entered by me in every one minute without my knowledge. Please give registry key for automatic save in notepad Thanks for reading my post...
  8. i do not have a start button, how do i get one?

i do not have a start button, how do i get one?: I do not have a start menu. how do I get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/i-do-not-have-a-start-button-how-do-i-get-one/68c1bff7-f3a1-4e4a-a36a-1e9b7de074cb
  9. How do I set wake timers

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set wake timers: I have followed this process and Enabled the "Allow wake timers" in the Advanced Settings/Sleep" section, but I cannot see how to set an Awake Timer. I am wanting to set Sleep after one hour but to wake it up at midnight (say) in order for online backups, updates, etc to...
  10. Enable or Disable Wake Timers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Wake Timers in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Wake Timers in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable to Allow Wake Timers in Windows 10 A wake timer is a timed event that wakes the PC from hibernate states at a specific time. For example, a task in Task Scheduler set with the "Wake the...