Windows 10: How do I enable USB drivers when they're disabled

Discus and support How do I enable USB drivers when they're disabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; While troubleshooting an issue with my keyboard, I disabled one of my USB3.0 drivers, however for some reason this disabled ALL my USB ports. Leaving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by woutr_be, May 30, 2020.

1. woutr_be Win User

How do I enable USB drivers when they're disabled

While troubleshooting an issue with my keyboard, I disabled one of my USB3.0 drivers, however for some reason this disabled ALL my USB ports. Leaving me with no way to control Windows and turn them back on.

I'm puzzled as to how to resolve this. I can still boot into the BIOS, but I don't see any options to enable them there.

Are there any other ways to enable them again? For the record, I can't get past the login screen, since after Windows boots, it disabled the USB ports

:)

woutr_be, May 30, 2020

2. USB problems

checked all of those suggestions an still no luck. They show as being there and enabled but doesnt recognize anything you plug into them. I got a driver checker as well and it lists the drivers as up to date. could this be a bad motherboard?

tommys2827, May 30, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Disable "Power Surge on USB" message

Hi David,

If the system detects that a USB port is going over the power limit, the system is set to notify the user by default. However, since you mentioned that you're still getting the notification after you disabled the alerts, we suggest following these steps
    instead:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click anything that has USB Host Controller in its name, and select
      Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. The driver will be reinstalled automatically.

Let us know if the error notification disappears after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, May 30, 2020
  4. How do I enable USB drivers when they're disabled

Unable to disable touchpad drivers.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to enable the touchpad drivers, restart the computer and then again disable it and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, Download and Install the latest touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check.

You can install previous operating system drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow these steps:

b) In the search box type “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows” and select it from the list.

d)Select the drivers and
    install

Once you update the latest drivers, try to disable touch pad.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 30, 2020
Thema:

How do I enable USB drivers when they're disabled

1. How do I enable USB drivers when they're disabled - Similar Threads - enable USB drivers

2. EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled. How do I disable it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled. How do I disable it?: EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled. How do I disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esediskflushconsistency-is-enabled-how-do-i/a9e13e58-b9ec-4380-b317-917a45c37ed4
  3. EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled. How do I disable it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled. How do I disable it?: EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled. How do I disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esediskflushconsistency-is-enabled-how-do-i/a9e13e58-b9ec-4380-b317-917a45c37ed4
  4. EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled. How do I disable it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Enabling/Disabling USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling/Disabling USB: Hello, I am trying to find the status of my USB ports and then disable the port. The command I have used is: Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR\" -Name "start" -Value 4 This command is not disabling the USB port, but the registry is being...
  6. Enabling/Disabling USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabling/Disabling USB: Hello, I am trying to find the status of my USB ports and then disable the port. The command I have used is: Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR\" -Name "start" -Value 4 This command is not disabling the USB port, but the registry is being...
  7. Enabling/Disabling USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How do I disable/enable Notification Center?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable/enable Notification Center?: I want to know how to do it without Registry and Group Policies submitted by /u/UltraSimply [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mo6by9/how_do_i_disableenable_notification_center/
  9. windows update disabled how do i enable it ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows update disabled how do i enable it ?: I was downloading an app from Microsoft store and as it started to install it got an error. when I checked the error it says that windows update is disabled. I went to windows update and security in settings, and I found that it was saying something went wrong try again...
  10. How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver: I have a problem where, to get Windows to run smoothly, I have to disable the display driver, via Device Manager, on shutdown. This forces Windows to load the basic display driver on startup and allows me to re-enable the Intel driver once I get to the desktop. Without doing...