Windows 10: How do I encrypt a flash drive using Windows 10.

Discus and support How do I encrypt a flash drive using Windows 10. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't seem to have any encryption tools on this version of Win10. No encryption and no Bitlocker. I want to encrypt a flash drive for storing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Flesself, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Flesself Win User

How do I encrypt a flash drive using Windows 10.

I don't seem to have any encryption tools on this version of Win10. No encryption and no Bitlocker. I want to encrypt a flash drive for storing important stuff.

Thanks,

C1

:)

Flesself, Sep 15, 2019

2. encrypting flash drive

I need to encrypt a new 32 GB Lexar flash drive. I've right clicked on the drive in the box, This PC and understand there should be a command in the drop down box to turn on bit blocker and then you follow the instructions. When I right click on the flash
    drive icon, I do not have that option. There are a host of other things like Open Auto Play and Scan with Windows Defender etc. but nothing about password encryption. Both my computer and laptop and PC are new and have windows 10. How can I password protect
    my flash drive? Thanks

RobertWallace_867, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 15, 2019
  4. How do I encrypt a flash drive using Windows 10.

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

How do I encrypt a flash drive using Windows 10.

1. How do I encrypt a flash drive using Windows 10. - Similar Threads - encrypt flash drive

2. How do I disabled "use as a USB flash drive" for a CD/DVD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disabled "use as a USB flash drive" for a CD/DVD drive: I recently got a new external CD/DVD drive, and have been using DVD+RW disks with it. As an experiment, i tried selecting "use as a USB flash drive" in the menu. After ejecting the disk, and placing it back in, it did not show the prompt again and only allowed me to "use as a...
  3. How do I disabled "use as a USB flash drive" for a CD/DVD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disabled "use as a USB flash drive" for a CD/DVD drive: I recently got a new external CD/DVD drive, and have been using DVD+RW disks with it. As an experiment, i tried selecting "use as a USB flash drive" in the menu. After ejecting the disk, and placing it back in, it did not show the prompt again and only allowed me to "use as a...
  4. How do I identify Windows 10 version on a flash drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I identify Windows 10 version on a flash drive?: I have several copies of Win 10 created on flash drives FOB, but I cannot find the digital Identification of what version each FOB contains.Does anybody have any ideas?...
  5. Encrypt a flash drive - Windows 10 Home

Encrypt a flash drive - Windows 10 Home: Can I put a password on a flash drive in Win10? I have worked out how to turn encryption on, but I cannot find how to password protect a flash drive. thank you...
  6. BitLocker encryption on USB flash drives?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker encryption on USB flash drives?: I just got myself a 64gb USB flash stick drive and would like to encrypt it with BitLocker encrypting the ENTIRE drive which is the way I prefer it to be. Is it safe to just encrypt the USB stick BEFORE adding data to it? Or, will it also be fine to add the data first and...
  7. how do I open flash drive on windows 10?

how do I open flash drive on windows 10?: How do I open flash drive on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-flash-drive-on-windows-10/2980c461-4c94-4bcf-b83e-5ffc51d97a26"
  8. How do I encrypt USB drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I encrypt USB drives in Windows 10: Somewhere I viewed a rather simple solution to encrypting my USB drives, before using them. I think something I read said you have to encrypt the disk before first use. This seems like a question most people who would like the portable USB disks to have the security of...
  9. How do I Install win10 on a hard drive using a bootable flash drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I Install win10 on a hard drive using a bootable flash drive?: I downloaded the Media Creation tool and used it and Rufus to create a bootable flash drive. I'm ready to use the flash drive for a clean install. There's a tutorial covering this topic - I read it last night, but cannot find it today. Can someone help? I remember there were...
  10. How to encrypt my USB flash drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to encrypt my USB flash drive?: All my passwords are on a spreadsheet held on an encrypted USB flash drive. I cannot remember how I provided it with encryption - it's been a long time. It does not need any software to be installed to decrypt and open it or re-incrypt it after reading its files. As a further...