Windows 10: how do i encrypt a .zip folder?

Discus and support how do i encrypt a .zip folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; encrypt : requires password to open .zip folder : a regular non-7zip/WinRAR/etc folder submitted by /u/Dr_DD_RpW_A [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dr_DD_RpW_A, Jun 12, 2021.

1. how do i encrypt a .zip folder?

encrypt : requires password to open

.zip folder : a regular non-7zip/WinRAR/etc folder

submitted by /u/Dr_DD_RpW_A
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dr_DD_RpW_A, Jun 12, 2021

2. Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Jun 12, 2021
  3. GSquadron Win User
    Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Jun 12, 2021
  4. how do i encrypt a .zip folder?

Can't encrypt or password protect folders?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced.
    I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Are you logging-in using Administrator User account?
    • Is this issue specific to any particular folder or persist in all the folders?

Encrypting File System (EFS) is a feature of Windows that you can use to store information on your hard disk in an encrypted format. Encryption is the strongest protection that Windows provides to help you keep your information secure. I suggest you to try
    log-in through other Administrator account and perform the below given steps to encrypt the folder and check if it works:

How to encrypt a file

• Right-click (or tap and hold) a file or folder and select Properties.
    • Select the Advanced... button and select the Encrypt contents to secure data check box.
    • Select OK to close the Advanced Attributes window, select
      Apply, and then select OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

how do i encrypt a .zip folder?

1. how do i encrypt a .zip folder? - Similar Threads - encrypt zip folder

2. How do I turn on the option to encrypt .zip files on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn on the option to encrypt .zip files on Windows 11?: I've already changed the encryption file system startup to automatic, and everything that I can find online about how to enable encryption is just telling me to turn on the EFS system. I've gone into the Windows Registry and set the data value for NtfsDisableEncryption to 0,...
  3. How do I turn on the option to encrypt .zip files on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn on the option to encrypt .zip files on Windows 11?: I've already changed the encryption file system startup to automatic, and everything that I can find online about how to enable encryption is just telling me to turn on the EFS system. I've gone into the Windows Registry and set the data value for NtfsDisableEncryption to 0,...
  4. How can I access an encrypted zipped file folder from a previously installed version of...

How can I access an encrypted zipped file folder from a previously installed version of...: I have a zipped file folder of documents on a USB drive that is encrypted. I encrypted it on a previous install of Windows 11. I decided to do a fresh install, and now I can no longer access the folder because the permissions are set for my "previous" user account. Is there...
  5. Guys how do I encrypt a folder and how does it work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Guys how do I encrypt a folder and how does it work?: I've heard you go to advanced settings by right-clicking on a file but the option is not aviable(like greyed out, cant click it) submitted by /u/kimikokso157 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqoewp/guys_how_do_i_encrypt_a_folder_and_how_does_it/
  6. How do I password protect a zipped folder in Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I password protect a zipped folder in Microsoft 10: Article in link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/how-do-i-password-protect-a-zipped-folder-in/34f35561-a6a8-492e-96f4-175a218aeb32 does not answer where to provide the password!...
  7. How Do I Correct Encrypted Folders??

How Do I Correct Encrypted Folders??: I’ve gotten some help from this forum and I appreciate it, but I’m still having issues with Windows 10. I have an encrypted folder in Win 7 that is on an external 4TB “Data” drive that I used with an older Win7 laptop that was not showing up as green encrypted as it did in...
  8. Zip Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Zip Encryption: Is it really true that Windows 10 Home does not allow you to encrypt a Zip file??? Please tell me this isn't true. Any workarounds apart from downloading a 3rd party app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-encryption/62fd79d8-a674-4b37-9e87-28a2904cee4b
  9. How do I install an app from a zip folder?

How do I install an app from a zip folder?: This may be a dumb question, but I need to know. I downloaded an app that's a zipped folder. I opened it, but it was just a file. Or that's what it seems to be. How do I open an app that's a zip folder? Do I open it to program files? How do I do that? I'm really dumb...
  10. Encrypted Zip Files

Encrypted Zip Files: How do you view the content of an encrypted zip file? I downloaded 7zip, or I can use the default program. I can also download any other program that may be better....